Thumbs up to Breaktru - Nice update to the E-Juice me up calculator

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by mauzey, Nov 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. breaktru

breaktru Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yes Chain, I personally use mostly Flavourart except when a particular flavor is not available like coconut. I use Capella's for the coconut.

2. breaktru

Sea, I luv your Signature...:laugh:

3. Seabrook

Seabrook Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2010
    Oceanside, CA
    Me too, thanx.;) Lookin for that Lemon Zest recipe now - want to experiment w/lemon organic flav. from my nearby health food store.

4. mikespiked

mikespiked Full Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Derry, NH
    I usually make almost 100% VG juices... the only PG is the flavorings... but I've had a hard time using the calculator when trying to do this. (see the attatched picture) If I input 100% VG for nic base and 100% PG for flavoring, it will still ask me to put in PG to the mix, and if I dont I get an error. I could just be doing something wrong though. Any help would be much appreciated.

Attached Files:

5. breaktru

The calculations are correct. A neg PG amount was generated because of the added total of 15% PG in your 2 flavoring.
    Put 17.5% PG in the PG result as shown in the Pix below. This is the TRUE result due to the PG in the flavoring.

[​IMG]

6. Randyrtx

Randyrtx Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2009
    Cedar Park, TX
    It does the same for a 100% PG mix as well.

There's 2 problems. For 100% VG you have to set the mix for the flavoring to 100% VG as well. Also, for both 100% PG and 100% VG, you have to set water % to zero.

ETA: posted at same time as Breaktru, so maybe not a problem?

7. mikespiked

mikespiked Full Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Derry, NH
    hmm thanks breaktru! I had thought to try and input 15% for the PG because of the flavoring, but I would have never guessed to use 17.5%. Where does the extra 2.5% PG come from?

8. breaktru

Note: Most top brand Flavoring is 100% PG

9. Randyrtx

Jun 22, 2009
    Cedar Park, TX
    See below... getting a similar problem with a 100% PG mix using 5% water. Where's the VG coming from?

[​IMG]

10. myxomatosis

myxomatosis Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 29, 2011
    KC
    Sorry if I'm off-topic, I haven't gone through all these posts.

Just wanted to say thanks Breaktru for making mixing a little easier for me and saving me some green.

Cheers.

11. breaktru

Not sure that you can equate what you are saying with the adding 17.5% PG to what is really being calculated but if you add up all the "Resulting Recipe" "% of Total" you will see it adds up to 100%.
    The calculations are True values.

12. breaktru

Because you are adding 5% in the Water/Vodka/PGA box. 5% is equally deducted from PG (2.5%) and VG (2.5%) Result equally. It's the VG 2.5% that's giving the neg result.

13. Randyrtx

Jun 22, 2009
    Cedar Park, TX
    Ah, that makes sense.

Thanks for a great program BTW, I use it exclusively! :thumbs:

14. mikespiked

mikespiked Full Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Derry, NH
    thanks breaktru! I will definitely be using the program alot more with that much needed information.

15. breaktru

I ran out of Lemon and substituted it with FA Lemon Sicly. A little different buy not bad at all.
    Let me know how the Lemon Organic turned out Sea.

16. Seabrook

Mar 17, 2010
    Oceanside, CA
    I did buy the lemon flavoring yesterday a nice 2 fl. oz. bottle for $5.69. I really like the idea of using the flavorganics brand since ingredients on label list: water, organic alcohol, organic orange oil. I was thinking with the alc. already an ingred., would neutralize the oil effect.

When I made the Lemon Zest today, the lemon flav. was a little weak for my preference. My final tweaks for this brand of flav. resulted in 8% Capella's French Vanilla/7% Flavorganics Lemon. End result = this is it for me! I don't think I could ever tire of this - better even than my 60/40 cheesecake/lemon blend. Thank you, Breaktru, another happy dance for Sea, lol.

[​IMG]

17. breaktru

I received two inquires about Flavoring with NO PG or VG.
    Inquire #1 was BlueMist flavoring (no pg or vg)
    Inquire #2 was Organic Flavoring

A New Version of eJuice Me Up with a NO PG/VG option for each of the 5 flavorings has just been released.
    If you have a previous version, an upgrade will be performed with no loss to you're existing recipes.

18. What would be a GREAT addition would be the ability to put "0" in the fields for nicotine so that your recipe is for making concentrates, without a warning window popping up every time informing me that I have "0" in the nicotine fields. I most likely am not just diluting a nic liquid, but instead making a concentrate for future nic diluting. :)

Aside from that, I can't think of anything to improve your software... for MY use, anyway. (lol) Love this calculator! It takes all the guesswork out of a project for someone, like me, who was never a math whiz. I finally bit the bullet and got materials to make my own liquids after I found your calculator.

19. breaktru

Thank you Katatawnic,
    I'll take the Zero Nic into consideration on the next upgrade.
    This is how the eJuice Me Up Calc grew into what it is.... User Input. Very helpful

20. Seabrook

Mar 17, 2010
    Oceanside, CA
    Oh goodie, perfect timing, Breaktru! I usually mix my juices on the weekends.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.