Thumbs up to Breaktru - Nice update to the E-Juice me up calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So what about an android version? I'm sure many of us don't mix up at our PC's. A mobile version would be better.. Just not for iOS..

Android captured 70% global smartphone market share in 2012, Apple just under 20%

In the US, Apple has 43.5 per cent of the market, and Android has 51.2 per cent of the market. Android is increasing more and more each year.

There is just to much information to cram into an APP version neo.

BTW: ejuice Me Up version 12.0.0.0 has just been released with an additional 2 flavoring lines making it now 7 flavorings.

ejuice.jpg

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
What am I doing wrong? I says I need to add PG. It is negative.

What I have for a base is 60MG nic PG and 0mg nic VG

I want to make 10mls of 6mg in a 80vg/20pg

help please.

You are starting out with a 100% PG base (nic) plus you are adding 32ml of 100% PG flavoring and trying to turn it into an 80% VG mix. It is mathematically impossible.
The best PG/VG target Ratio with what your are using is 42%PG/58%VG

Tepid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
Somewhere
Edit: I think I might have over thunk it.
I will leave it here so you can see that I really was over thinking the whole darn thing.

Yes, math is fun.
Can some one confirm my calculations?

Ok, so I had the same trouble, and made the same mistake, I have 100mg at 100%PG NIC Juice

The math on all of this can be very tricky.
as Breaktru stated, most all flavors that I have looked at (like 90% of them) are PG based.

So to get to something like an 20/80(PG/VG) 12mg target (mine), using 100%PG Nic Juice
then you will have to account for all of the flavor juice you add....
Even at 50/50 base you will have some trouble.

The amount you are making doesn't matter either if it is 1ml or a thousand.

The ratio is never going to be exactly 20/80 because the flavoring ratios will always throw it off if they throw the PG over 20%.
as in, 5 flavors that equal 30% will always put you at a 30/70

so, if you are a 20/80 person, it is best to buy 100% VG Nic juice, no matter the strength.

How can you fix this with 100%PG nic Juice?

This should make 30ml..
Nic Combine the following as an example...

100 5 100
0 25 0
0 0 0

Will equal: ( 5ml of 100mg at 100%PG cut with 25ml of 0mg at 100%VG )
16.67mg 30ml 16.67PG 83.33VG

This will give a target of 22/78 @ 12mg
Adjusting PG flavors or the target mg strength will of course change that ratio.

So, what you have to do, is make a NIC base that you will use for a specific recipe (specific flavor ratio and target Nic Strength).

Suggested update to the calc:
Give an option to copy the PG VG and mg to the Nic Strength section from Nic Combine,
and the same for the Flavor Percentage which needs to be expanded to 7 to fit the number of Flavors on the front.
Which I am still not sure how to really use that yet.

Also, Thanks Breaktru for a great app.

Last edited:

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Give an option to copy the PG VG and mg to the Nic Strength section from Nic Combine,
and the same for the Flavor Percentage which needs to be expanded to 7 to fit the number of Flavors on the front.

You're welcome Tepid.

In a previous version I did have the Nic Combine tool update to the main screen but removed that feature. Don't remember why I removed it but if I get enough requests, I'll put it back.

Yes, I have to update the Flavor Percentage tool to accommodate 7 flavors. I missed that, thanks for pointing it out.

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Update to version 12.1.0.0 with said enhancements:

ejuice_perc.jpg
ejuice_nic.jpg

Tepid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
Somewhere
Yeah, that works. Nice job.

I understand the Flavor Percentage now also.
My guess is, it will be rare to have any flavor combos no matter the number of flavors totaling more than 20 to 25% of your juice.

I also thought of suggesting to make the Target PG/VG/Water/etc calculate to the nearest PG/VG/Water/etc Ratio with a pop up saying "hey dummy check your math, don't worry we fixed it for you", but I figure people should need to learn what is going on and why, and that wouldn't allow them to ask questions, focus and learn.

Great app. Thanks again. This math can get crazy, and this makes it so much easier.
I have used the heck out of this to learn what the heck I need to do to DIY before I DIY. (Hence the struck out post of mine above.)
So this has been a fantastic learning tool. Would have been much more tedious without it.

My only other suggestion is to put an option during install, to make this thing run portable.
And to put all recipes in a folder under the eJuiceMeUp folder called Recipes, just to make it easier to find the exe without having to copy out a shortcut for it, and for organization.
However, I did do that already myself, left Default.dft in the root folder and now when opening it, it generally defaults to the Recipes folder.

It does run portable btw, you just have to install it, copy it out to another folder, uninstall, and run it from that copy.
Move to USB, and run it anywhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread