Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
The video started out with great information that was pretty much all true.
In fact, I marveled for awhile at how informed this person was about electronic cigarettes.

Then he went out of control and started pulling crap out of his rear end.
Tar? Really? There is no tar... unless there is?

There has never been and will never be tar from an electronic cigarette.
The laws of physics still hold sway in this world.

It was soon after that I had to shut it down because I couldn't listen to it anymore.
To much BS in too short a timeframe makes my veins stick out of my neck.

My wife says that isn't good for me.
And my screaming, yelling, and cussing upsets the dog.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

It was soon after that I had to shut it down because I couldn't listen to it anymore.
To much BS in too short a timeframe makes my veins stick out of my neck.

My wife says that isn't good for me.
And my screaming, yelling, and cussing upsets the dog.

LOL

I hear you about the Screaming and Yelling thing. Sometimes I read stuff and I don't know if I should Laugh or Get Mad.

I've beem doing a Lot of Laughing Lately.

Did you think it was that Bad?

I didn't see it as too far from the True. Perhaps not Perfect but you have to Admit, there are Much Less Informative things out there.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I really like the extra info. No matter what side your on you can never say its worse then smoking unless u been smoking something else. Be that as it may, id rather be informed regardless of what side the info is coming from.

Someone told once that Any Knowlage is Better than No Knowlage at all.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Did you think it was that Bad?
As I said previously, I thought it was pretty good... even impressive in some ways...
Until he said there was no tar... unless there was.

I couldn't hear much else after that due to the screaming and yelling and cussing.
And I had to shut it down shortly thereafter.

I don't know where it went from there, but from the comments here it sounds like it got worse.
Although I'm not sure how it could get worse than postulating the impossible presence of tar.

I suppose if he said little children could die just by looking at the vapor...
:lol:

Last edited:

slojas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2012
Saskatoon
Ever watch the show Supernatural and see a scene where Dean calls somebody a douchbag?.
This is exactly the kind of person Dean is talking about.

I take it that he is very intolerant to hipsters as PV usage by hipsters is the main reason for his disapproval, all his other reasons are secondary.

This man is not a Doctor or brilliant scientist, he is a science geek that has intolerance issues with people because he was picked on as a child, his observations are narrow-minded, biased and should not be given serious consideration.

Never automatically assume that a well spoken person knows what they are talking about, ignorance comes in all forms.

Reprint/copy paste any of this in the youtube comment section as you see fit, i have already left a personal comment on the video and don't want to spam the comment section with further statements.

Last edited:

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
As I said previously, I thought it was pretty good... even impressive in some ways...
Until he said there was no tar... unless there was.

I couldn't hear much else after that due to the screaming and yelling and cussing.
And I had to shut it down shortly thereafter.

I don't know where it went from there, but from the comments here it sounds like it got worse.
Although I'm not sure how it could get worse than postulating the impossible presence of tar.

How was his statement not truth though? Do you know exactly whats going into your juice? If it was not made in your back yard then I would say thats imposable. I hear a lot of people getting upset and it seems like its only cause the guy did not word something exactly how they would have. Calm down people lol. Things like this are mild in comparison and if we want to be good representatives then keeping cool and rolling with the punches will only help. Who cares what anyone says. I can fart, and u can call it a declaration. Does not make it so. When u think about the first part he had acctually discretided his entire cause if he was against us by stating not enough research had been done, and he was not this or that if I remember rite. So put the fire out. Toke a J tank.

slojas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2012
Saskatoon
How was his statement not truth though? Do you know exactly whats going into your juice? If it was not made in your back yard then I would say thats imposable. I hear a lot of people getting upset and it seems like its only cause the guy did not word something exactly how they would have. Calm down people lol.(QUOTE]

The highlights I took from the video
-Dummy with PV in airport makes him uncomfortable
-Classification debate
-How they work
Claims- Nicotine ingested/go into liver, Dosage levels very high/uncontrollable, more addictive then anologs, contains tar.
-Neuro effects of nicotine, links to schizohrenia
-States that nicotine is a gateway drug more dangerous than Mary J.
-Promotes NRTs
-Claims all evidence to be inconclusive
-Biggest worry is that the hipsters take to vaping and undo all the stop smoking efforts of the government, little kids will all start vaping.
-More education for people about evil nicotine.

Some of his statement are true and informative but there are some very ignorant claims will just rally haters to work harder to take away our PV's

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
-States that nicotine is a gateway drug more dangerous than Mary J.

That was one of the more sensible things he said, if you take out the part about being a gateway drug. It's a gateway drug kind of like beer is. I'm not sure which one I did first though. It probably is more dangerous than Mary J.. It's far more addictive. But that's like saying cycling is more dangerous than jogging. On the scale of danger, neither one ranks very high.

Of course, to a timid and pampered geek, the whole danger scale is shifted relative to reality.

Claims- Nicotine ingested/go into liver, Dosage levels very high/uncontrollable, more addictive then anologs, contains tar.

This one made me laugh. So it goes to liver. So what? So does the cyanide in the apple seeds you swallowed. That's what the liver is for. Contains tar. Unless it doesn't. Contains plutonium. Unless it doesn't.

There is no ingredient in juice capable of producing tar, I don't care where your juice is made. Tar is a product of combustion. Your juice company would have to deliberately introduce tar into juice as a separate component. Might as well introduce crack while he's at it. It makes no sense unless he was referring to the trace amounts of TSNAs, in which case he's mischaracterizing them as tar and neglecting to mention that the few TSNAs in juice are present at or below the levels found in the patches and gum he advocates.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

That's Funny.

You should have listened to it All though. In the end he warned Parents that All people who use e-Cig are members of Satan's Army who are Secretly putting e-Liquid in School Drinking Water. LOL

I dunno. I just couldn't get too Riled Up about that vid. But then again, I don't get Riled Up when I see TV Commercials say that I can Lose 20lbs in One Week or If I use this Motor Oil my car will get 30% Better Gas Millage.

BTW - Did you get hit with that Hail Storm Last Week? I haven't seen a Hail Storm like that in a Long Time. At least not in So-Cal.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
BTW - Did you get hit with that Hail Storm Last Week? I haven't seen a Hail Storm like that in a Long Time. At least not in So-Cal.
Oh yeah, that was pretty hardcore... for Southern California.
I'm sure folks from other parts of the country would have hardly even noticed it.

I've lived here all my life, and we've definitely had worse.
But not often, and not for quite some time.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
The way YT works is a thumbs down is counted the same as a thumbs up. Replies are counted as interaction also, but at least then you get to dispel some of the misinformation.
The best way to deal with YT videos is to ignore them. If they have so many views you not watching won't make a difference go ahead and reply. But don't share them to get more views and don't give them thumbs of any kind.

You can flag them, which someone must've done to get it pulled. That should give them a chance to dispute but not always.

At least the bad video doesn't have ads so all the few extra thumbs down did was barely help him get some extra exposure.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Oh yeah, that was pretty hardcore... for Southern California.
I'm sure folks from other parts of the country would have hardly even noticed it.

I've lived here all my life, and we've definitely had worse.
But not often, and not for quite some time.

Orange County got Hammered. I'm talking Marbles Faling from the Sky. And Lots of them.

I told my neighbor the day after that Hail Storm that there is one Cool thing about So-Cal.

And that is So-Cal is one of the Few Places I have Lived where you can get All Four Season in the Same Week.

Last edited:

O-Man

Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina
Did anyone else notice how he described "a very large man sits down right next to me" at the beginning of the video? Why not just say "a man sat down beside me"? The use of the words "very large" and "RIGHT next" implies a deep seated intolerance of the obese and self-righteous indignation at having his space violated by one.

Intolerance mixed with uninformed opinions. What a tool.

Exactly. Way to show in the first 5 seconds that you're going to be biased with your preconceived notions.

He shows a chart with the nicotine absorption rate showing nic is hardly present in the body, then he states how dangerous PV second hand smoke is. Doesn't really make sense to me.

I like how he recommends using traditional quit smoking methods when if he actually knew the success rate of those methods he would realize how imperative it is to find another alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread