TI Wire can be used in anything? strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearlessleader

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
Portland TN USA
Over the last few months I have noticed that I can use TI wire in anything and that then whole TI control setting is a scam to get you buy devices with a TI setting. Few I have done plain old kayfun 7 warps contact coil 28ga makes one of the best mouth to lung hitters money can buy and work fine on a dna 40 or any other device. that is the nice part is making dua coil setup are a snap just like kanthal. I have even gone to making 28.ga x .08 x 1 flate wire buids in my mech mods the ohmage per mm is almost the same so TI is not non resistance wire even if you can still use it in VT mode on any device that has VT. I use TI wire in all my dua coil attys because they don't take up so much room as NI and you get better ohms with much less wraps so what's the deal. seems to me is TI wire is the only wire u need. I just don't torch the wire but I do heat it with a regular lighter no torch that burns up the wire but to make a contact coil I heat the wire once with the lighter to get tighter wraps then pinch the coil together with tweezers and heat it again not really getting red hot and I dont pulse it after install unless it absolutely necessary. Someone sell use swap land in vt land and works just great in mech build too
So what up with that ?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm not sure why it would be Strange that a person can use Ti Wire with Mods that are Not TC able. Or are Not running in TC Mode?

Ti Wire is just that, a Metal Alloy Wire.

As to the Ti setting in a TC Mod being a Scam. I don't really see it that way. I see it more as a Convenience. And a Way to make the Temperature Values more reflective of what is Actually happening.

I have a 1st Generation TC Mod. It Doesn't have a TC Mode. I can run Ti in it Fine. And get the Benefits of TC. I just have to Lower the Temperature Setting by about 100 Degrees F.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Over the last few months I have noticed that I can use TI wire in anything and that then whole TI control setting is a scam to get you buy devices with a TI setting. Few I have done plain old kayfun 7 warps contact coil 28ga makes one of the best mouth to lung hitters money can buy and work fine on a DNA 40 or any other device. that is the nice part is making dua coil setup are a snap just like kanthal. I have even gone to making 28.ga x .08 x 1 flate wire buids in my mech mods the ohmage per mm is almost the same so TI is not non resistance wire even if you can still use it in VT mode on any device that has VT. I use TI wire in all my dua coil attys because they don't take up so much room as NI and you get better ohms with much less wraps so what's the deal. seems to me is TI wire is the only wire u need. I just don't torch the wire but I do heat it with a regular lighter no torch that burns up the wire but to make a contact coil I heat the wire once with the lighter to get tighter wraps then pinch the coil together with tweezers and heat it again not really getting red hot and I dont pulse it after install unless it absolutely necessary. Someone sell use swap land in vt land and works just great in mech build too
So what up with that ?

There's nothing strange about it.

if you could find 32 gauge titanium, you could wrap a 1.3 ohm coil and use it on a vamo
Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Fearlessleader

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
Portland TN USA
I just thought it was strange they make like its such a big deal and everyone should take their old TC devices and replace them because you had to have a TI ready unit that such a selling scam My DNA 40 vapes better that any of my TI ready model by a long shot it has better flavor 3 times the vapor than any iof my TI models ever could I just wondered what folks thought about it no biggie

Fearlessleader

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
Portland TN USA
you don't need 32 ga ti 30 ga will make a 1.3 ohm easy u could even do it with 28 ga I use a lot of 26 ga ti wire and in mech mods I go as low as 22 ga dual coil on my 26650 magnum the one in my avatar. I twisted wire builds everything Kanthal can TI just does it better no special mod needed. I thought that was cool! :)

tedigram

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2015
Brooklyn
Am I misreading this? Cause it sounds like you've realized you can run titanium coils in any atomizer, but think you're getting temperature control out of it and have busted the "big scam" of temperature control chips. Because that would be entirely false. Temperature control is not some magical quality of titanium, it's a specific way of regulating the power using a temperature control chip. You can stick titanium in any atty, but you're not automatically getting temperature control on it, and you're probably unknowingly vaping it at potentially unsafe temperatures for that metal. Titanium shouldn't be run on a normal non-TC mod, so you haven't so much discovered a secret, you've more discovered you're making a mistake, and a potentially dangerous one.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    the ohmage per mm is almost the same so TI is not non resistance wire
    Actually it's about 1/3 (cold) -- are you maybe using a Ti alloy made for vaping before temperature control, instead of pure Ti?

Am I misreading this? Cause it sounds like you've realized you can run titanium coils in any atomizer, but think you're getting temperature control out of it and have busted the "big scam" of temperature control chips. Because that would be entirely false. Temperature control is not some magical quality of titanium, it's a specific way of regulating the power using a temperature control chip. You can stick titanium in any atty, but you're not automatically getting temperature control on it, and you're probably unknowingly vaping it at potentially unsafe temperatures for that metal. Titanium shouldn't be run on a normal non-TC mod, so you haven't so much discovered a secret, you've more discovered you're making a mistake, and a potentially dangerous one.

There is some temperature control effect but not strong enough or specific enough to assure the wire doesn't get too hot. That's using a mech or VV -- some VW designs will cancel out the effect of increasing resistance as it heats and put in constant power anyway, that may be how they thought of it, it's how I did.

Ti high-temp oxidation isn't as bad as Nickel issues but some are afraid to use it in any setup.

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Yeah you can use Ti in any device but you'll not get.
    1. insurance of no dry hits.
    2. insurance of not singing or burning the wick.

The concept of TC is not to worry about the wick and prevent dry hits. By using a non-TC device your risking damaging the wick. For me I don't get dry hits but the wick does singe around the coils and that effects the flavor. Now with TC set right your wick will last longer and flavor will be the same from beginning to end.

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

TheKman

Master of the Obvious
    Nov 12, 2015
    Melbourne, Australia.

I have to disagree. I understand that TC mods watch the change in impedance to regulate power output, but you're ignoring the fact that the coil will draw less power for a fixed voltage as it gets hotter. So, depending on your view point, it does have magical automatic temperature control. Nice coincidence that 300 degrees celcius equates to twice the impedance.

Titanium offers a couple of great advantages over static resistance wire: it has a low resistance (less mass), it ramps faster (higher cold current), and it can help reduce the likelyhood of a dry hit given all other parameters are the same.

I'm using it on all my devices, including mechs, with great success. Providing care is taken in the design you can take advantage of the magic. :)

tedigram

ECF Veteran
    Sep 14, 2015
    Brooklyn
    That's great and all, but appreciating titanium's qualities as a vv/vw wire doesn't make using it that way temp control, and it most certainly doesn't prove that the very specific technology application that we currently mean when we say "Temp Control" is just a big scam that can be replicated simply by using titanium on any non-TC mod, as the OP I was responding to is trying to claim.

Fearlessleader

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2014
    Portland TN USA
    Ok I have been gone for a bit after I posted this Look it simple ohm's law and bit of compensation And build the coils the right way. I know this can be done safely for any person that know really what they're doing. No not just anyone or some building there first mod. I build mods. I build and rebuild just about everything. Twisting wire of different types to bet a staged vape if it out there I tried it. The reason I said it can be used in any PVD Is this simple
    410 F cotton can be scorched 450 some juices can break down. Keeping this in mind after that say a mod like my dna 40 I build Start at 310 about 12 watts. Vape and taste if you not hitting temp control, Dry atty or any such thing I go up maybe 20 Degrees and 1 watt vape and taste. So you get a feel for thing like is it ramping up fast enough and is there any off taste Or even How the vapor production and simple just move up a bit at time in watts or temp vape it and continue. Not ever chip set is going to act the same not every aty will be the same But for both me and my wife on our Kayfuns we 28 Ti 200 7 wraps. depending on the TC mod we are using I have gone as low as 320F 13.5 watts and get a perfect mouth dawe just the way a Kayfun should be.
    Think it like a car that when yur a good mechanic you tune and time your engine just by the sound the color the plugs are burning black to white you cotton becomes just like the spark plug in your the color tell the store if its now getting burnt you fine as simple as that after while of testing I started doing drippers on mech mods The voltage and the resistance will give you your wattage so you compensate going up or down a wrap or 2 at a time look at your cotton how the vapor is tasting hot burnt not ramping up fast enough and overall vape quality. The same way you do every other coil. It really now magic changing the alloy will change the build yes but it can be done. I have even vaped on silver wire in plain old mech mods and drippers.

You see the setting in temp control if the unit can do them all like the DNA 200. You can vape amy wire on the DNA 200 but you need to put the data for the type wire into the software and make a preset the mod don't know nothing with out the data information being uploaded into the software and all it does is the same thing I do. Like tuning the car by ear if you know what to look for it really no big deal.

Like I said we know that Ti200 ramps up faster than any of the other current alloys so right off that means it's more efficient. It take less power to hit the same temp and it hits it faster and also cools faster. So really TI 200 saves you gas because per watt you get more heat and if was a car it was fast off the line and be able to stop faster.

So anyway what I have is those really great flavor chaser like the Kayfun the Taifun, orchard the foggers. Those old flavor chaser mouth to lung atty work far better on Ti200 than anything else.

Really for any one out there before you condemn take a old flavor chaser atty try about 7 wraps 28ga Ti200 about 2mm Dia and make it a contact coil, not open. You can do spaced coils too if like too. wick it Japanese cotton set up any temp control mod and try it. I mean what's it take to build and wick a kayfun or taifun 5 to 10 Min. The other thing you have to consider when wicking if you want to get a bit more juice flow as the TI200 ramp up faster so don't choke juice flow. I use juice 35PG/65VG all the way up to 10/90 drip juice in my tanks using drip juice is best as most drip juice if it made right should take more heat safely. I mean really there guys out there dripps on builds .1 ohms over a 100 watts. I still think that mode over a 100 watts are insane but that me

So in the end it all in the build but is not so with every wire we use it not magic it just being good enough to tune by ear but in the case of vaping tuning by flavor the simple and safe way to do it start out at low wattage and the low 300's and vape and tune till you find the sweet spot. And please if you not experienced vaper builder Don't do it.

I will say this and my wife will back me, ti200 wire brings a whole life to older Flavor chaser attys on the DNA 40. and temp control works perfect. So settings for different alloys are nothing more than a preset that make compensations that can be manually if your on your game when it comes to building. We have used this set up on the stuff like the provari in non temp control. It just matter of adding wraps or going up to 30ga. I really like twisted 30GA ti200 with a spaced coil when the space is there to use it and it works great for those old tanks like the fogger that has dual coils. Nickel spaced for dual coils is a bit in the hinny and to not end up with the error ohms too low.
    P1070500.JPG
    P1070504.JPG
    Here is a typical DNA 40 Kayfun running on ti200 that I built.
    I will say my cotton life is way better than any other wire I used. This setup give nice clouds of cool vapor mouth lung with no feeling of a tight draw it vapes smooth I have ran it as high as 410 15 watts depending on the juice. The fast response of Ti200 make it ideal for folks that want a very good mouth to lung hit and very simple no frills build.

Well I could write book on this subject sorry I was not here the last days I still have to go back thru and try to answer other folks responses. I will try and answer everyone asap.

Really folks it works you can use ti 200 for just about any mod if put a bit of time in trying different coil designs. twisted wire of all kinds space or or contact.
    It was so easy to make TI coils rebuilding the old Kanger subohm and get way better vapor over the stock nickel or kanthal. That tank liked .75 ohms and vapes like a best in TC mode on a dna and temp control work perfect. the build is now 2 weeks old and taste as good was the day I made it. So I thought that was pretty cool as the Kanger Subtank does not offer TI200 so it was a great way to get new life in those old spent horizontal OCC kanger coils on those I use a 3mm Dia I thnk about 6 wraps spaced. Really made nice coulds and had a slightly moist, just bit warm vapor. I thought the overall vapor to be about 8 out of 10 for lung hits on those. I was not impressed with the wattage needed to get good vaporr from there NIOCC coils the rebuilt ti200 was far better vapor quality and last way longer for me anyway.

Hay this is one of those deal that if your not really comfortable building custom built coil I don't recommend for you but if you're a hobbyist like me that enjoys building as much as vapin it can be done.
    I will try to make a video when my wife can help to show some builds and the vapor production. For my wife my custom built Ti200 coils help big time on getting that mouth to lung she 3 tanks that just would not make vapor for mouth to lung til I rebuilt them in ti200. I was shock to really see how much better the DNA 40 and the DNA 25 using it when they have no TI setting they have temp control and ti200 does pass the dry cotton test on that chip with np problems.

I did notice when chain vaping that it would bounce off of temp control. But I found that pulling you finger off the fire button for a second or so while continuing to draw would let you chain vape pretty good without bouncing off temp control or making setting changes when yu just get in the mood for a few rapid fire chain vapes

Fearlessleader

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2014
    Portland TN USA
    Stopped reading after "ohmage".

YA just what we need is a english major and grammar teacher skip the whole pint of the post because I am no English scholar sorry I just mod builder. Before I build my next 10 mods maybe I should go back to college for 4 years to to post in the forum. Where I come from when folks have nothing to say but comment on spelling or grammar its because they nothing to offer of any real value to the post.
    And I think that pretty much gives you a degree in troll !
    So Happy Trolling
    Opps
    Please go out there and spell check the whole forum that should keep you busy 10 years or so. You don't want have any off those misspellings.
    Sorry I dropped out of school when I was 17 because because I was to busy getting certified to build nuclear titan subs for General Dynamics and Just never really had time to go back to school to be a english major. YA I had to come back home when General Dynamics got busted for sell like 600$ hammers to the government. and took a job as a Head DOT Mechanic for wheel transportation company and was working 70 hours a week. And then after a tree fell on me 20 years ago and I was disabled. Then I was to busy again teaching myself how to use and build computers, so I could run a homespun computer shop that was under contract for repairs for a whole school district. Then I was just too busy again when I moved down to Nashville TN from Buffalo because I since my accident, I really was not doing so well with have 3 foot of snow in my driveway and sub zero temps but then after I moved, well I was too busy again building Custom Harley that started out from wreaks I bought from auctions until the recession hit because a bunch nit wit banker made too many bad loans, And I was stuck with 100,000$ that i would lucky if I got 45 to 50 cents on a dollar and had months of work in building

YA then it just did not seem like I should go back to school at 54 years old to learn to write better.

The best part after all I just did. when I go post something I thought was pretty cool and have some real scholar tell me that I had bad spelling, So hay scholar did you ever build a Sub for the US government did you ever maintain a fleet a vehicle's that was inspected by the DOT and in 7 year never had one failure, did you self teach yourself to use, build, design computers to get a contract Hamburg central schools being self educated in that field.
    Oh yea did you start you own business build custom harley that sold for 20,000$ each for a 2000$ wreck

Funny thing How I did all this stuff most of it by teaching myself and now I have to hear about my bad spelling.
    You think spelling such big deal? I never needed perfect spelling for all that stuff and now I build and design mods as a hobby self taught at that too.

Really I glad you stopped reading when you did it would have been a shame if you learned something from a guy with bad spelling !

Man If that is the way its going t be with stuff like this for comment I just rather close my post. I really did not come to upset folks with my ideas and experiences that I thought someone just might think was interesting.
    I am done if someone need help just pm me if I can help I will. I am sorry good writing just is my weak point and I don't need be someone joke.

Froth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 1, 2014
    Chipotle.
    YA just what we need is a english major and grammar teacher skip the whole pint of the post because I am no English scholar sorry I just mod builder. Before I build my next 10 mods maybe I should go back to college for 4 years to to post in the forum. Where I come from when folks have nothing to say but comment on spelling or grammar its because they nothing to offer of any real value to the post.
    And I think that pretty much gives you a degree in troll !
    So Happy Trolling
    Opps
    Please go out there and spell check the whole forum that should keep you busy 10 years or so. You don't want have any off those misspellings.
    Sorry I dropped out of school when I was 17 because because I was to busy getting certified to build nuclear titan subs for General Dynamics and Just never really had time to go back to school to be a english major. YA I had to come back home when General Dynamics got busted for sell like 600$ hammers to the government. and took a job as a Head DOT Mechanic for wheel transportation company and was working 70 hours a week. And then after a tree fell on me 20 years ago and I was disabled. Then I was to busy again teaching myself how to use and build computers, so I could run a homespun computer shop that was under contract for repairs for a whole school district. Then I was just too busy again when I moved down to Nashville TN from Buffalo because I since my accident, I really was not doing so well with have 3 foot of snow in my driveway and sub zero temps but then after I moved, well I was too busy again building Custom Harley that started out from wreaks I bought from auctions until the recession hit because a bunch nit wit banker made too many bad loans, And I was stuck with 100,000$ that i would lucky if I got 45 to 50 cents on a dollar and had months of work in building

YA then it just did not seem like I should go back to school at 54 years old to learn to write better.

The best part after all I just did. when I go post something I thought was pretty cool and have some real scholar tell me that I had bad spelling, So hay scholar did you ever build a Sub for the US government did you ever maintain a fleet a vehicle's that was inspected by the DOT and in 7 year never had one failure, did you self teach yourself to use, build, design computers to get a contract Hamburg central schools being self educated in that field.
    Oh yea did you start you own business build custom harley that sold for 20,000$ each for a 2000$ wreck

Funny thing How I did all this stuff most of it by teaching myself and now I have to hear about my bad spelling.
    You think spelling such big deal? I never needed perfect spelling for all that stuff and now I build and design mods as a hobby self taught at that too.

Really I glad you stopped reading when you did it would have been a shame if you learned something from a guy with bad spelling !

Man If that is the way its going t be with stuff like this for comment I just rather close my post. I really did not come to upset folks with my ideas and experiences that I thought someone just might think was interesting.
    I am done if someone need help just pm me if I can help I will. I am sorry good writing just is my weak point and I don't need be someone joke.
    Ohmage is actually a word, I just don't like it. ohmage | the resistance of a conductor expressed in ohms

Never once did I insult your grammar or spelling nor did I insinuate that you had bad grammar or spelling...so, have a nice day? Sheesh, A little high strung I see.

Fearlessleader

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2014
    Portland TN USA

Ok let me clear up what I meant first off I nt the best with writing so it was a bad choice of words. More what I meant was it was just one of those features they make a big deal out it to get folks to run out buy a PVD just try out Ti200 and there is so much you use it it for many times with the gear you already have. Mostly by using a bit of common sense and a lot a caution and experimentation. TC was a big move it the right direction but the type of wire is not at least not if you can use it with the stuff you already own and get 95 % of the benefit with nothing more buying a spool or wire.

I just see right now that ever month or so they have to pump out some new feature. Sort of like it was back in the day with computers buy the best on monday by tuesday it was outdated.

They sold a lot of DNA 40s and there great chip made right here the good old USA and I can get my stuff serviced in a week. Ok I started building my own mod because frankly the Chinese have horrible quality control out of the 15 mode me and my wife own. our first buy was a Provari V1 that I got upgraded for 20$ to the V2 and chip wais the v2 is the same as the 2.5. I got a pair of these when we started vaping and that was how my wife and I kicked the stinkies since then all we get is more and more feature that many times are not going to make or break that you succeed. That's to me is the main point of vaping We both smoked for 35 plus years .
    So the thing now that the Chinese got into this whole deal making poorly crafted high volume with bad service because the truth is they can't make a PVD and they have to keep use buying many times for pointless stuff

First was the wattage race that was really a waste of money in PVD
    then in attys it was the hay you need more air flow well really for the think that we need to make vaping into is the way to quit smoking and going from 100"s bad thing in down to just a few borderline things big pint to vape there
    Now just about everywhere we turn there trying to stop folks from vaping even if the amount of bad of vaping is insignificant compared to the stinkies

See for the chinese they don't give a hoot about folk quitting smoking it all about he next gimmick they can make you think you need to sell you another low quality high volume gadget that is why I said scam.

I telling you right now that you folks out there that bought you real deal DNA 40's don't that bull S. TI wire work just jim dandy on the DNA 40 chip for starters.
    With minor adjustments to your coil build and with some tinkering with your setting. you can keep that nice 40 watt chip and use ti wire just fine. So that is why I focus more on mouth lung hitting because when you want to succeed in quitting. you want something that vape like you smoke and I never seen anyone lung there cigs.

So the government is looking for a to claim that vaping bad and pumping out more watts sub ohm tanks that a joke if you need tc you don't need sub ohm tanks. I posted a picture of the very first Kayfun I bought and my shiny DNA 4O I built that has the best of everything and every single part made in the USA by me and I am using TI200 and works better than Nickel and it better for you that you just need to be careful that put away the torch and break out the bic lighter to heat the wire.

The whole Chinese deal is not to make sure that vaping does not get banned, it just how much junk they can sell you til it does get banned.

So here why call scam
    1 You don't need and does not help the cause 200 watt PVD
    You don't always need to buy a new device to get the benefits of Ti200 Wire

Nickel wire bad deal. I know all kinds of folks that can't wear cheap watches because the nickel gives you a rash myself and my wife included
    I would say close to 25% of all people have some sort of reactions from nickle
    Now you say but what about the oxidation from overheating that from misuse not from use so I don't ti200 as a issue that propaganda so they can push the next new feature SS wire ya thats what you need buy more of cheap junk. That's why the most times have from 30 to 90 day warranty because they want to make you think you need the next new feature before that cheap piece landfill bought get replaced before it dies.
    So far of all the Chinese PVD's I bought I only had one that did have to replace and have 5 or 6 that in 3 month had to replace 2 time and now we have one that is on it 3 time the Cloupor T50 and almost everyone had to replace or repair 1 time 90 days and few just never got replaced because to ship to China with full tracking door to door is 40 bucks. I sent one item back that priority mail it had a tracking number but once it left the usa could not be tracked I sent back to me 4 month later as it was never picked up for the post office btw that was Focalecig and the best part was that was bought from the USA warehouse and that was the 2nd time it broke the first was doa
    Ok now you see why I say scam folks need stop worrying about the next stupid feature and worry about proving to all our governments it just not harmful enough for it to be there business in the first place and that we trading 1000"s of harmful components for 1 or 2 that really it has been out there lang enough and proper research has not been done yet for them to consider banning or changing one single thing.
    The feature race they have started will be just what our governments need to shut it down I vaped for 3 years on one device and still use that provari every single day 15 watts is all it is and with kayfun on top and 1.4 kanthal build it vapes great and I know it will vape great 1 year from now too.
    See even I got caught up in the propaganda, got have this got have that. Now I build my own and I have no more returns to China and my stuff don't break

So maybe that will clear up why I said Scam, maybe I should have just called BS on always needing that next useless feature
    If you got off the stinkies be happy you don't need all that junk I am sure of one thing you just got rid of 9998 out of 1000 toxic chemicals out of your life and vaping should not even be put in the same class with tobacco. It closer to Nicotine gum but that sold by the pharmaceutical companies that 100's lobbyist and propagandists and donations to whatever politician do what they want so they are the only game in town and the best part is there stuff don't work and vaping does.

35 years as smoker- patch failed, Nic gum failed, Prescription drug from the doctor failed, Vaping success! first time and loving it :)

I will just finish with this most TC devices with a bit of adjustment will work fine on Ti200 and TC will function on some it worked better than it did on Nickel by a long shot. I have tried and I can prove it will pass the dry burn test on everyone.
    I will also state this should only be done by experienced vapers and mod builders and it must that you can build coils and understand the way Ti wire works ti make the setting changes need to make it work. But like all warning I will say it not that hard but in this case I think I need a disclaimer LOL

Fearlessleader

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2014
    Portland TN USA
    Ohmage is actually a word, I just don't like it. ohmage | the resistance of a conductor expressed in ohms

Never once did I insult your grammar or spelling nor did I insinuate that you had bad grammar or spelling...so, have a nice day? Sheesh, A little high strung I see.

Sorry I got so bent but over the years I have been so many forums where there is some guy that has nothing offer a thread but whine about somes spelling or grammar. Then it ends up hijacking the post. Then once it turn in a drama session the thread and any good it might have done get buried. No one wants to read a drama post
    When I post I always try to share something I think will help someone. I don't expect everyone to agree and that is the whole reason we have forums to exchange ideas and is just that that make forums such powerful tool

KenD

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    kennetgranholm.com
    I don't think it's news to anyone that titanium wire works fine with most tc mods that only have nickel mode for temperature control. You just need to adjust the temperature (by 100f or so on DNA 40 and DNA 40 type chips). Titanium mode just makes it simpler, and makes ss wire feasible by adjusting for temperature offset in ti mode. It's not a scam.

And plenty of China-manufactured mods are high quality.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Fearlessleader

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2014
    Portland TN USA
    I don't think it's news to anyone that titanium wire works fine with most tc mods that only have nickel mode for temperature control. You just need to adjust the temperature (by 100f or so on DNA 40 and DNA 40 type chips). Titanium mode just makes it simpler, and makes ss wire feasible by adjusting for temperature offset in ti mode. It's not a scam.

And plenty of China-manufactured mods are high quality.

Well if china has high quality I have not seen any I always read reviews watch all the videos before I by and it seems to me that even if is a well made item quality control is sacrificed for high production.

Your not reading what I said are you that is not the scam it pushing for minor changes to always keep wanting the next best thing that really is unnecessary and right now every government is just looking for a way to banned vaping. Vaping can do way too much good for people to have it be nothing but a playground for the chinese to sell us more junk we don't need. Tell me what good will that 200 watts do us when it can scorch the e juice to the point or hurting someone or that it becomes toxic. every time they push into stupid land with thing way beyond need to be successful to quit smoking as soon as someone get hurt with the the dumb stuff, the party will get crashed and vapors that really need vaping to stay off the stinkies cancer sticks will be the ones that lose.
    They need to slow it down at least make look like they really heath minded and not just profiteering off the folk that always have to have what they think is the latest greatest Vaping has already been completely banned in some countries.
    good companies making good products like provari don't pump out 10 new models in 10 months as there is no real need. andd buy push into unsafe wattages and pushing poor quality untested devices will be all fun and games til they can the vaping industry like they are doing to tobacco. They have already started saying you can't vape in public in many places like 2nd hand vape is dangerous when first hand vape is not dangerous when used properly. Or when a few folks blow themselves up pushing the batteries way past the safe limit. read some of the blogs that oppose vaping you might not realize this but there is tons of legislature out there right now trying to shut down vaping. And this mod race will get some hurt or give them juice ammunition they need. And really I could care less about what the chinese make I build my own so they don't get a dime out of me if possible. I am sick of waiting sometimes 2 months to something warrenty that broke in the first few weeks then get it brake only to break again I can build them better with all USA made parts and I don't have to worry about warranty I send Steve at Evolv a mail the next day he get back to me and my stuff is in the mail the next week its back no questions asked tell can the chinese offer that service it seem to me they try to do everything they can not to take of the return stalling you and giving you the runaround in hope that you get sick messing with and say to hell with and you buy something else that another part of their scam

+

KenD

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    kennetgranholm.com
    Well if china has high quality I have not seen any I always read reviews watch all the videos before I by and it seems to me that even if is a well made item quality control is sacrificed for high production.

Your not reading what I said are you that is not the scam it pushing for minor changes to always keep wanting the next best thing that really is unnecessary and right now every government is just looking for a way to banned vaping. Vaping can do way too much good for people to have it be nothing but a playground for the chinese to sell us more junk we don't need. Tell me what good will that 200 watts do us when it can scorch the e juice to the point or hurting someone or that it becomes toxic. every time they push into stupid land with thing way beyond need to be successful to quit smoking as soon as someone get hurt with the the dumb stuff, the party will get crashed and vapors that really need vaping to stay off the stinkies cancer sticks will be the ones that lose.
    They need to slow it down at least make look like they really heath minded and not just profiteering off the folk that always have to have what they think is the latest greatest Vaping has already been completely banned in some countries.
    good companies making good products like provari don't pump out 10 new models in 10 months as there is no real need. andd buy push into unsafe wattages and pushing poor quality untested devices will be all fun and games til they can the vaping industry like they are doing to tobacco. They have already started saying you can't vape in public in many places like 2nd hand vape is dangerous when first hand vape is not dangerous when used properly. Or when a few folks blow themselves up pushing the batteries way past the safe limit. read some of the blogs that oppose vaping you might not realize this but there is tons of legislature out there right now trying to shut down vaping. And this mod race will get some hurt or give them juice ammunition they need. And really I could care less about what the chinese make I build my own so they don't get a dime out of me if possible. I am sick of waiting sometimes 2 months to something warrenty that broke in the first few weeks then get it brake only to break again I can build them better with all USA made parts and I don't have to worry about warranty I send Steve at Evolv a mail the next day he get back to me and my stuff is in the mail the next week its back no questions asked tell can the chinese offer that service it seem to me they try to do everything they can not to take of the return stalling you and giving you the runaround in hope that you get sick messing with and say to hell with and you buy something else that another part of their scam

+
    Two things. The first true 200w chip is from the US, the e-cigarette was invented in China.

I think you should get passed your hate for China. Frankly, it's offensive and comes across as bigoted. Not all of us come from the US, and ordering stuff from your part of the world isn't fraught with problems for the rest of us.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread