Tilemahos new rebuildable part (springomizer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risto

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2013
Warsaw, Poland
Just a TileSpringomizer with an iAtty tank :D

Ariel, this design is creative and ingenious. :)
You are imaginative, but it is GG lego. :thumbs:
Ariel, but you remember that the iAtty is legendary atomizer.
This is the best system that best captures the flavor of fluids for me. :vapor:
You're doing wick "on the knee" and you are happy. :banana:
The iAtty by Imeo.......... it's precision and perfection. :thumbs:
The revised system in the iAtty......... this is a profanation. :(
I just want to remind everyone that those atomizers by Imeo with ceramics inside have a lot of common features with springomizers. :shock: :)

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
I had thrown my V1 Tile with AD cap in a spare parts box quite awhile ago because I never could get it to vape right, frequent dry hits no matter how much I adjusted the wick and coil so I just basically gave up on it and tossed it in a box. Then this new rebuildable came out and I decided to give it a try. I unearthed my tile and tried it out and the airflow is so restricted through it I couldn't use it. I pulled the coil up some and no change. I put an oring in the base and it made the air flow completely non existent.
Bummer. But.......then I decided to use it on my V1 tile that doesn't have air draw and it works flawlessly. So I do like it very much on the non AD tile. And Imeo it was an absolutely ingenious idea you had!!

I do have a Tile V2 plus with air control headed my way and I'm hoping the rebuildable will work on that one for me. But in the meantime if anyone has any suggestions on what else I could try on my other Tile to get it working correctly I'd be grateful.

Reactions: imeothanasis

steampop

Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
uk
I had thrown my V1 Tile with AD cap in a spare parts box quite awhile ago because I never could get it to vape right, frequent dry hits no matter how much I adjusted the wick and coil so I just basically gave up on it and tossed it in a box. Then this new rebuildable came out and I decided to give it a try. I unearthed my tile and tried it out and the airflow is so restricted through it I couldn't use it. I pulled the coil up some and no change. I put an oring in the base and it made the air flow completely non existent.
Bummer. But.......then I decided to use it on my V1 tile that doesn't have air draw and it works flawlessly. So I do like it very much on the non AD tile. And Imeo it was an absolutely ingenious idea you had!!

I do have a Tile V2 plus with air control headed my way and I'm hoping the rebuildable will work on that one for me. But in the meantime if anyone has any suggestions on what else I could try on my other Tile to get it working correctly I'd be grateful.

If your Tilemahos v1 has the airflow through the 510 you need to use the original positive pin on the bottom of the springomizer rather than the one that comes with it.

If it isn't that type I have no clue why you don't get any air at all, maybe it's blocked up with dried out juice or something?

Reactions: Yaya

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
If your Tilemahos v1 has the airflow through the 510 you need to use the original positive pin on the bottom of the springomizer rather than the one that comes with it.

If it isn't that type I have no clue why you don't get any air at all, maybe it's blocked up with dried out juice or something?

Thanks for the pin suggestion. Mine has a solid bottom pin so I didn't think it would make any difference to change it. I just changed it out and tried it but it didn't fix it. The atomizer is clean and there's no juice stuck in it. I appreciate your suggestions though. :) I don't have a clue either why the thing is being so obstinate. Especially since it works perfectly on the non AD one. I've got a lot of Imeo's attys and this is the only one that has ever completely stumped me.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Thanks for the pin suggestion. Mine has a solid bottom pin so I didn't think it would make any difference to change it. I just changed it out and tried it but it didn't fix it. The atomizer is clean and there's no juice stuck in it. I appreciate your suggestions though. :) I don't have a clue either why the thing is being so obstinate. Especially since it works perfectly on the non AD one. I've got a lot of Imeo's attys and this is the only one that has ever completely stumped me.
Hey house mouse how is it going? There is something going wrong for sure. Can you please take some pics of the internals and bottom just as to see how the air is supposed to flow?

Reactions: house mouse

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
Hey house mouse how is it going? There is something going wrong for sure. Can you please take some pics of the internals and bottom just as to see how the air is supposed to flow?

I found out where the problem is, I think. I tried the springomizer on V1 AD base without the mouthpiece. Plenty of vapor. I put the mouthpiece on and tried to inhale. It worked ok. The vapor is very decreased, but it does have airflow. I put the tank on and inhaled. Again it worked fine. But when I put the cap on the vape was so tight it was unusable. Someway, somehow the top cap is interfering with the air flow. I tried a smaller o ring and that didn't fix it but it does work pretty well with no o ring in the cap at all. I did switch the cap from the working tile over to this one and once again it shut the airflow down. It's a head scratcher.

Reactions: Steelshade

TonyB66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
London, UK
I'm quite interested in getting one of these tanks and the new springomizer but have a couple of questions.

1. V2 plus seems to be the only one available at the moment and its air tube is now 2mm diameter. The V2 had a 2.5 mm air tube. How much airier is the V2 when you vape?
2. If I want the airier vape can V2 parts be fitted to the V2 plus base?
3. Will this atty handle/wick Max VG juice?

My current everyday atty is a Kayfun V4 with the 4S kit giving it a more airy vape but it doesn't wick Max VG juice well. I actually use it with temp control mods most of the time but it has its limitations as far a thicker juices are concerned. I do have my wicking adjusted as best as possible to make it vape Max VG but sometimes its still a PIA.

Hoping one of you with experience of these atty's can advise me before I drop a load of £ on something I'm not going to like.

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
Thank you dwar:)
Please check the air holes on the AD ring and especially on the AD base. Are they fully opened by the machine or not?

Imeo, I can't see down in there to check if they're fully drilled out(if that's what you mean) but I tried this with the base:

I pushed the bottom of the AD base tightly against my finger to seal it off. Then sealed my lips against the top of the AD base and made sure the air holes weren't covered by my fingers. I can't inhale or exhale anything through it. Should I be able to?

mrZoSo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2014
GA, USA
@mouse - Sounds like you have a base that wasn't milled completely(collectors item!). If you look through one of the side air holes you should be able to see out the other side.
Here's a pic of the V1 AD base, without the control ring on it.
adbase.jpg

You should also be able to see through the Center Post/AD Pin too
adpin.jpg

@Tony
1- If you like airy and tend to lung hit, 2.5 would be the way to go.
2- Yes, V2 rebuildable part will fit in V2+. All current Tilemahos rebuildable sections are interchangeable.
3- Yes, I use 100% VG with no issues.

breminator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2014
Duisburg, Germany
I'm quite interested in getting one of these tanks and the new springomizer but have a couple of questions.

1. V2 plus seems to be the only one available at the moment and its air tube is now 2mm diameter. The V2 had a 2.5 mm air tube. How much airier is the V2 when you vape?

My current everyday atty is a Kayfun V4 with the 4S kit giving it a more airy vape but it doesn't wick Max VG juice well. I actually use it with temp control mods most of the time but it has its limitations as far a thicker juices are concerned. I do have my wicking adjusted as best as possible to make it vape Max VG but sometimes its still a PIA.

Hoping one of you with experience of these atty's can advise me before I drop a load of £ on something I'm not going to like.

i totally agree with mrZoSo´s answers, and i have a lot of Tilly´s ;)

Reactions: imeothanasis

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto

To know if it handles max VG you have to know the power and the thickness of the wire. We cannot know for sure. What i can tell you for sure is that with 100% VG (my diy) it wicks better than the KF4 and it is airier than the KF4

TonyB66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
London, UK
To know if it handles max VG you have to know the power and the thickness of the wire. We cannot know for sure. What i can tell you for sure is that with 100% VG (my diy) it wicks better than the KF4 and it is airier than the KF4

Thanks Aal_ - Which Tilemahos do you use to vape your Max VG?

My builds on my daily vape K4 are usually temp control coils in Nickel but more recently in Titanium and I'm currently using 0.4mm Titanium wire and most commonly build a 3mm diameter coil. As long as the resistance works for the mod I'm using and it fits the atty I don't really care how many wraps I make its not that important but I will build spaced coils to the size that fits well. I vape at 420F or a little more depending on atomiser to get a warmish vape with decent vapour production and the best flavour. Current mod in use is an ipv D2. So that kind of chucks the Kanthal/resistance issue out of the window. Power in the 25-32 Joule range.

I do have another mod that I use in the evening or when at home which isn't temp control (BMI Box) that will fire 100w down to 0.15 ohms but I reserve any multi wire builds for my RDA's and usually build higher than that base resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread