Tilemahos new rebuildable part (springomizer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

taxnail

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2015
allways near ... where my dog is
Let me say it in another way:
If you look at the Base of Tilly. It starts without threads, goes some mm straight down an then the threading starts.
Now we look at the base of ithaka. It starts without threading goes 1-2mm down und then has a small step where it narrows. then it goes down (<1mm) and the threading starts.

So this small step inside the ithaka base is the problem. The mouthpiece cant sit on it because its to small.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
mouthpiece of Ithaka sits on the first step Tax. That is 1mm after the top of the base. So mouthpiece goes deep down to the base for 1mm only and it stops. Because the first step has a diameter of 15,8mm and the mouthpiece a diameter of 16mm. I cant understand from where it leaks.

We can eliminate of course the steps on Ithaka's base and make it exactly like Tilemahos base because:

1. The basic feeding doesnt need a stop.
2. The new rebuildable part doesnt need a stop too.

So yes, eliminating the steps is ok. The only that is needed maybe is a little fatter o-ring on the new rebuildable part of Ithaka. O-ring now is at 2mm width and we may need an o-ring at 2,5mm width. That way we will avoid the first o-ring to pass on the other side of the wider hole on the GGTS base (because the bottom hole of GGTS base will be at 6,5mm and not at 5mm that is now)

Reactions: taxnail

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Excuse me for disturbing your very technical talk; can I ask Imeo if/when the Ti grade 1 springs will be available?

I am still testing the wires and at the same time I am looking for something different cali. I suppose that in about 1 week I will have done with my tests and I will place my order with the factory. But these Ti springs are expensive and I would like to find cheaper ones.

Reactions: gekka

mrZoSo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2014
GA, USA
Oh, ok! Yes an image with the springomizer would be great!
Here you go gekka :D

Til4Ver-a.jpg

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
  • Deleted by imeothanasis

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
that would be an unauthorized clone.

e-smokeguru has the springomizer in stock and their shipping is extremely fast. they use DHL express which should only take a couple of days to the US.
(2mm and 2.5mm )

given you already have a tile and are only looking for the springomizer update. no complete tiles available atm afaik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread