Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I know Steve. But to be honest I like to have a more close relationship with my GGTS. I like trying to make it shiny, cleaning its threads, the tubes and all its pieces. I cant do cleaner's job of course but I just like to make it shiny by myself. Thats not the reason that I dont buy the cleaner, I am just saying that cleaning procedure is a pleasure for me:)

k3v1n

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2011
London, England.
I can 100% agree with CaptSteve's cleaning method, many months ago I decided to buy an ultra sonic cleaner (funnily mine looks exactly the same) for my growing collection of GG's and have never looked back.

Not only does it keep all my GG's in pristine condition it also save me time.

I also put all new mods in for a dip before I use them, you would be surprised the amount of muck that comes off a brand new device.

With just hot water I even clean the whole rebuildable part from Odysseus and Penelope with wick and wire still attached, a quick dry burn and it's ready to vape within minutes of coming out the cleaner.

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
Can you use this method with silver, brass, and copper? Also is there anything I shouldn't be putting in, like insulators or the plastic tank, or anything?
Ultrasonic Clean of GGTS parts

Friends as promised I'll describe my method of cleaning all my GG parts. I use an ultrasonic cleaner which you can pick up from stores or Ebay for $30-40. I fill the ultrasonic's stainless tank with a mixture of hot water dish washing liquid and white vinegar

The approximate ratio is 3/5ths hot water 2/5ths white vinegar and a good squirt of dish washing liquid. For severe grime you can slightly increase the vinegar but make sure the water is real hot.

Here is the ultrasonic cleaner with the parts inside before filling

and here it is filled with the cycle running

Before items and after items

Stealth Cap

GGTS engraved tube

Telescopes

GGTS Top Tube

GGTS Bottom Cap

The images here were of two of my daily use GG's which needed cleaning

The leftovers

Now I know not everyone will want to spend $30-40 on an ultrasonic cleaner but truly it's a great devise to have in any home. I use it to clean jewelry and anything really which is water proof. Also 510 atties clean up great ant taste like new

Last edited by a moderator:

Corona Doble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2013
Paris, France
Back to the original theme of the post : i'v noticed some variation in level of finition / polishing these last month of a same part/device (i usually order the parts when just launch from e-smoke guru).

While very recently the spider drip, the penelope dripper, short kit, last v2 base, caps and mouthpieces are at their best (my spider drip is absolutely flawless, as is my Penelope #20) among with the first serie of jGG wich had very well softened and polished threads and inside parts, the intermediate serie before the release of the 'upgrade' of the Ithaka had really 'raw' threads, bad or strictly no polished flats (upgrade housing, ithaka ceramic housing, ithaka upper cap, ithaka feeder, jGG sleeve, 2 ithaka collector ggts base, ...), jGG engraved tube with less level of mirror polishing (and micro scuff).

Since last summer i bought 5 Ithakas, 3 penelope, 5 jGG (1 solid), upgrades, drippers, window, caps and caps, rings and rings ;) small panel comparing to the Ishtak appetite ...

My upgrade part arrived unpolished unfinished, the threads (both connecting the base and the mouthpiece) while working well to say the truth were really ugly and sharpened, the bottom was grey with marks and a penelope base had flats on the polish area near the serial number....

Not a big deal, it just allow me to feel free to take the time to polish it myself to bring the finish to the level this brilliantly engineered pieces desserve ;)

I always stay in touch with products from other makers (in fact i buy almost everything wich vape), while i consider mmvapors and nosmoker the only ones able to compete (with a distance, svoemesto) when it comes to think globaly of the 'authenticity' and involvment in the concept / device, the best grain mirror polish encountered by my zeiss x10 lupe v' been :
Caravela steel
Nahual
Mmvapors (poldiac steel, previous DID, tns)
GP (paps lux tubes)
GG
Atmomixani
The mirror kayfun i own, dingo mod and other stuff less knowned are far from earning the quality of 'mirror' (circle trace of the tool, concave button, flats, micro scuff, etc...). Feeling of the threads is another story ....

All based from my proper constatation, without any ambition to be a general appreciation, of course, jus a fan - a bit maniac - speaking ;)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I only shine external parts and contacts Corona my friend. If there is no reason, then I dont shine parts. But even if I dont shine those parts, I still shined the base of the new rebuildable part, just because I wanted to do it. But be sure that if you want a product as you say, then the cost would be very big and without a reason too:)
Back to the original theme of the post : i'v noticed some variation in level of finition / polishing these last month of a same part/device (i usually order the parts when just launch from e-smoke guru).

While very recently the spider drip, the penelope dripper, short kit, last v2 base, caps and mouthpieces are at their best (my spider drip is absolutely flawless, as is my Penelope #20) among with the first serie of jGG wich had very well softened and polished threads and inside parts, the intermediate serie before the release of the 'upgrade' of the Ithaka had really 'raw' threads, bad or strictly no polished flats (upgrade housing, ithaka ceramic housing, ithaka upper cap, ithaka feeder, jGG sleeve, 2 ithaka collector ggts base, ...), jGG engraved tube with less level of mirror polishing (and micro scuff).

Since last summer i bought 5 Ithakas, 3 penelope, 5 jGG (1 solid), upgrades, drippers, window, caps and caps, rings and rings ;) small panel comparing to the Ishtak appetite ...

My upgrade part arrived unpolished unfinished, the threads (both connecting the base and the mouthpiece) while working well to say the truth were really ugly and sharpened, the bottom was grey with marks and a penelope base had flats on the polish area near the serial number....

Not a big deal, it just allow me to feel free to take the time to polish it myself to bring the finish to the level this brilliantly engineered pieces desserve ;)

I always stay in touch with products from other makers (in fact i buy almost everything wich vape), while i consider mmvapors and nosmoker the only ones able to compete (with a distance, svoemesto) when it comes to think globaly of the 'authenticity' and involvment in the concept / device, the best grain mirror polish encountered by my zeiss x10 lupe v' been :
Caravela steel
Nahual
Mmvapors (poldiac steel, previous DID, tns)
GP (paps lux tubes)
GG
Atmomixani
The mirror kayfun i own, dingo mod and other stuff less knowned are far from earning the quality of 'mirror' (circle trace of the tool, concave button, flats, micro scuff, etc...). Feeling of the threads is another story ....

All based from my proper constatation, without any ambition to be a general appreciation, of course, jus a fan - a bit maniac - speaking ;)

Last edited:

Corona Doble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2013
Paris, France
Salut Corona Doble,
can you give us more details or references on how you polish the threads? I've some parts that need some sharp threads to be a bit soften ;)

Salut, avant de polir il faut unifier les surfaces, brosses en metal puis ébarber pour adoucir les crêtes si elles sont coupantes, metal puis pierre reconsituêe, limes demi rondes, mollo surtout.
pour les creux j'aime la pâte diamantée sur une surface semi dure , type cuir ou bois. Je me fabrique mes disquesL'ideal est un bon mandrin relié a un moteur qui a du couple, j'ai un vieux Bergeon relie a un entrainement de tour Loch, mais il y a plus simple et moins cher ! Avec une dremel (la version suspendue specifique, commande au pied) c'est déjà pas mal. Apres, la finition, 3 couleurs de pâtes a polir dialux sur du bois, du feutre et finir au cuir.
Le nettoyage est plus simple, ca s'encrasse moins ou carrement pas et le filetage est plus doux. Prevoir du temps...
Je posterai des photos
Bien à toi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread