Time for some real knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkkx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
paris, abu dhabi
Salut, avant de polir il faut unifier les surfaces, brosses en metal puis ébarber pour adoucir les crêtes si elles sont coupantes, metal puis pierre reconsituêe, limes demi rondes, mollo surtout.
pour les creux j'aime la pâte diamantée sur une surface semi dure , type cuir ou bois. Je me fabrique mes disquesL'ideal est un bon mandrin relié a un moteur qui a du couple, j'ai un vieux Bergeon relie a un entrainement de tour Loch, mais il y a plus simple et moins cher ! Avec une dremel (la version suspendue specifique, commande au pied) c'est déjà pas mal. Apres, la finition, 3 couleurs de pâtes a polir dialux sur du bois, du feutre et finir au cuir.
Le nettoyage est plus simple, ca s'encrasse moins ou carrement pas et le filetage est plus doux. Prevoir du temps...
Je posterai des photos
Bien à toi

wouaw, thanks! That sounds great but way too complex for me since i don't have all the tools you mention ;) Can't we improve threadings with a less sophisticated way? something like "use capcod' ;) ?

AdamAnd

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Ajax, Canada
Can someone please help me respond to one of my subscribers exactly why not to heat coils before vaping He has told me that heating up the coils is a good thing to burn off the machine oil and dirt. There has been a lot of debate about this and I need an answer to put this to rest heating a coil red hot and oxidizing is bad because ? If you can answer please help I am getting to point where I don't trust my own knowledge Thanks Adam

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
dirt and oil much be removed by soap and water Adam, exactly as you do with pans you have to your house. You dont dry burn the casseroles and your pans to clean them from oil. And if you forget the pan to the kitchen and gets very hot, you throw it away and you buy a new one

Also burning metals produce oxides that are very dangerous for your health, especially when inhaling them.

I dont see reasons for debating about this. Things are very clear

AdamAnd

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Ajax, Canada
dirt and oil much be removed by soap and water Adam, exactly as you do with pans you have to your house. You dont dry burn the casseroles and your pans to clean them from oil. And if you forget the pan to the kitchen and gets very hot, you throw it away and you buy a new one

Also burning metals produce oxides that are very dangerous for your health, especially when inhaling them.

I dont see reasons for debating about this. Things are very clear

Yes your right Imeo and I give the wire I am going to build with a wipe with dishwashing soap and water before I build just never mentioned it to anyone. Thanks Adam:vapor:

Itshak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Israel
I hate to do this to you guys but oxidation occurs even with the ejuice on the coils. In fact oxidation is accelerated by the juice (just check your coil after 24hrs of vaping it). The question you should be asking yourself is what's worse, ecigs or cancer stix.

I thought the point was not avoiding the oxidation as we can't but to avoid
Inhale metal fumes?? and changing structure of metal by to high temperature???

Itshak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Israel
Sure I understand and even so it's healthier then analog.
But there maybe difference in short term 300 celsius few seconds
To the same at 1000 celsius that can make kind of leakage of some hazardous gases or metal,
At list that I think what Imeo post about few month earlier.
This is a big difference in heat.

But beside I found I don't really need it,for my setups,
And if there maybe reason not to do this practice,then it's ok with me.

Correct that's every few days I built new coil because of that and not change only cotton
But it's no time so I don't mind do that like so.

My set ups vape the same with dry burn and without.

Also I remember way back when I used HH357,they specifically asked users not to dry burn ever.
Don't remember I saw the reason why the ask that by they did.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
its not oxidation Steve, its the remaining burned liquid. In fact the oils we vape protect the wire:)
I hate to do this to you guys but oxidation occurs even with the ejuice on the coils. In fact oxidation is accelerated by the juice (just check your coil after 24hrs of vaping it). The question you should be asking yourself is what's worse, ecigs or cancer stix.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
of course there is big difference between different celsious degrees Its. A very big one. High temperatures are used too often to change the structure of a material or its properties. Your pan is ok at 50 degrees but not at 300 degrees without oil on it
Sure I understand and even so it's healthier then analog.
But there maybe difference in short term 300 celsius few seconds
To the same at 1000 celsius that can make kind of leakage of some hazardous gases or metal,
At list that I think what Imeo post about few month earlier.
This is a big difference in heat.

But beside I found I don't really need it,for my setups,
And if there maybe reason not to do this practice,then it's ok with me.

Correct that's every few days I built new coil because of that and not change only cotton
But it's no time so I don't mind do that like so.

My set ups vape the same with dry burn and without.

Also I remember way back when I used HH357,they specifically asked users not to dry burn ever.
Don't remember I saw the reason why the ask that by they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread