Status
Not open for further replies.

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
Man I told my self I was all done buying high cost mech mods but.... this one right here has me think I may need to

7614ca505fc6c47c8384dca0ec4afe25.jpg
6b36bbe9868bfec1179f525e06df6d89.jpg

618dca49f8e5cbcecd03a76361c0d96b.jpg

MCV raptor G2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
Noob question, regardless of looks, how would one mech differ from the other, IMHO mech are getting expensive because they are slowly becoming regulated

Sent from my HTC One X9 dual sim using Tapatalk

Look how it's built and volts drop
And being regulated by the FDA has nothing to do with that they've always been ridiculously overpriced

Last edited:

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Noob question, regardless of looks, how would one mech differ from the other, IMHO mech are getting expensive because they are slowly becoming regulated

They are mass produced by Chinese either, only the clones are. Mechs are handmade. I make my own mechs and mechs have a bunch of soldering and I'm assuming 1 person is sitting at a table and makes them from start to finish. Mechs have always been out expensive but you are seeing more of them because people notice that the Feds are trying to get rid of vaping and if it happens you won't be able to buy anything that has to do with vaping. That's why people are getting stocked up with mechs and DIY juice. Regulated box mods will (at some point) quit working and won't be able to use them where mechs are just wires (that I buy at Home Depot on a 100' spool) soldered together from the battery sled to the fire button and on to the 510. You will be able to fix them if something happens and if need be use parts from regulated mods (that have quit working due to the circuit boards being Freud or going out) to fix broken ones and create a "Frankenstein" mech.

Also you wrote "IMHO mech are getting expensive because they are slowly becoming regulated". Were you meaning regulated by the Feds or regulated as in a regulated mod? You either have a regulated mod where the circuit board regulated the power from the cells to fire the 510 or non-regulated or a mech where it's just hard wired from the battery to the fire button and on to the 510.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016

A true mech mod has no board or wires.. if you buy a few spare parts for it, it will last a lifetime if taken care of.. very simple to fix.. ( replace a spring or a pin) there is not much to them.. I like knowing that my purchase is going outlast countless regulated mods.
There are many differences in mechs.. single, dual batteries, run in series or parallel. Then the quality in the materials accounts for voltage drop, differences in the switch...
It looks like not much difference between devices until you start learning about them. Then it's a whole new world of Vaping gear.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
They are mass produced by Chinese either, only the clones are. Mechs are handmade. I make my own mechs and mechs have a bunch of soldering and I'm assuming 1 person is sitting at a table and makes them from start to finish. Mechs have always been out expensive but you are seeing more of them because people notice that the Feds are trying to get rid of vaping and if it happens you won't be able to buy anything that has to do with vaping. That's why people are getting stocked up with mechs and DIY juice. Regulated box mods will (at some point) quit working and won't be able to use them where mechs are just wires (that I buy at Home Depot on a 100' spool) soldered together from the battery sled to the fire button and on to the 510. You will be able to fix them if something happens and if need be use parts from regulated mods (that have quit working due to the circuit boards being Freud or going out) to fix broken ones and create a "Frankenstein" mech.

Also you wrote "IMHO mech are getting expensive because they are slowly becoming regulated". Were you meaning regulated by the Feds or regulated as in a regulated mod? You either have a regulated mod where the circuit board regulated the power from the cells to fire the 510 or non-regulated or a mech where it's just hard wired from the battery to the fire button and on to the 510.

What you are making there is not a mechanical mod. That is an unregulated mod which is quite different.

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
I'd start by building a simple tube mod before jumping into building an unregulated parallel or series box. There's a lot more that can go boom with those (tube's a bit safer to build...as long as it's not direct to battery lol)

Now that I have a spare switch from the old noisy cricket I'm curious if I can do something with that

Reactions: mongo74
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread