Status
Not open for further replies.

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
Looking to upgrade our Vapes. Wife is using MY old EGO1100 batts and Protanks, I am using a Mech with a kick.

Wife just needs a little more than we can get out of the Protank. Her only real limitation is size and weight. My mech would work for her, using 18350 batts, But it is still "heavy" at 7oz.
Since I also want to Upgrade the KICK. I might get one too.

Anyway our Birthdays are coming and were wonder which pair to get. Recommendations please looking to go 30 watts or less. Also have have a loose limit of $50 per unit, so yeah clones. Used fastech used here for simplicity.

Which of these would you chose?

istick 50w $37.76 Authentic Eleaf iStick 50W 4400mAh VW VV Variable Wattage / Voltage APV Box Mod - 5W-50W / 2V-10V / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

istick 30 $38.73 Authentic Eleaf iStick 30W 2200mAh Variable Voltage / Wattage APV Box Mod - 2.0-8.0V / 5.0-30W / US plug adapter / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Cloupor mini $30.44 Authentic Cloupor Mini 30W Variable Wattage / Voltage VW VV APV Box Mod - 7-30W / 3.6-7V / anodized aluminum / gold at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

IPV Mini $45.88 Authentic Pioneer4You iPV Mini 5-30W Variable Wattage APV Box Mod - aluminum alloy / 1*18650 / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Sigelei $39.99 Authentic Sigelei Mini 30W VW Variable Wattage APV Box Mod - 5.0-30W / 1*18650 / aluminum alloy / silver at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Coolfire IV $35.37 Cool Fire IV Styled 40W 2000mAh VW/VV Variable Wattage / Voltage APV Box Mod - 6-40W / 3-7.5V / aluminum / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
With 5 vapers in our house we have several of those listed and I have to say for weight and ease we love our istick30s

Reactions: 93gc40

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
Nice mod.. But being it is 3x the average cost of the listed devices and 5x the average power level of same, and NOT even available.. It is NOT even in the realm of consideration.

if your wife wants small mod... sx mini m class is good -- $200
snow wolf 200w limited edition -- $130-150
ipv4s -- $80

istick broke on me, and the rest looks soso, always good to have more power and temperature control imo

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
coolfire iv would be my choice. But then i would say get the mvp 3.0 pro for yourself. its chunkier and more powerful.

What make you think I want chunky or more power.. The 30 watts is the "more power" upgrade for me. I can't imagine a reason or need to vape above 30watts. I never intend to build lower than .5ohms, unless I go to a Temp control device. Temp control is still at least 1 or 2 iterations away from me being tempted to go that way.

sanguinesolitude

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2015
What make you think I want chunky or more power.. The 30 watts is the "more power" upgrade for me. I can't imagine a reason or need to vape above 30watts. I never intend to build lower than .5ohms, unless I go to a Temp control device. Temp control is still at least 1 or 2 iterations away from me being tempted to go that way.
not saying you want a nice chunky manly looking device. Just throwing out my preferences.
i just like the option to go higher voltage as needed.
I build rdas at about .4-.5 ohm and usually vape them around 35 to 40 watts. my subtanks i hold around 20-25 watts. I also like that the mvp 3.0pro has a massive battery that lasts and lasts. Just a solid device with a 2 decimal place ohm reader, vv/vw and nice and powerful. plus you can charge your phone off it.
just my .02$
mvp.jpg

i agree i am not ready to get into TC yet. It seems like the future, just not quite ready to go there.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Smart guy, 93gc40! Ask questions and review other vapers' experiences before plunking down the money.

I'd nix the iStick 50W. Although some have had good experiences, the one I bought and the one they replaced it with both had display death on both sides of the 90 day warranty period. My vendor replaced it once and then when the replacement died he recommended the Innokin Cool Fire IV. I took the Cool Fire IV and really like it. History says it doesn't have early failures and it has all the features I wanted, including USB charging, so I don't have to carry spare 18650's when I'm out. It feels solid and works as advertised. The ergonomics of it fit the hand well and it slips in and out of a pocket like a champ. It also accommodates large or small tanks and has a stainless steel 510 thread.

My iStick 20W has survived quite well. It and my Provari V2 are my backups while other devices are charging. The iStick 30W gets good reviews. I'd pick the Innokin Cool Fire IV again, I like it so much.

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
Doesn't temperature control require coils with thermistors? I haven't even investigated TC since I use RTA's and wind my own coils.
No, just coils made of nickel (or in some cases titanium) wire. As the wire heats up, the resistance changes. This change is used to tell the temperature. My Freakshow and my derringer work great with nickel builds on temp control. Adjust the temp to adjust the flavor and vapor production. Personally, I have very little interest in non-tc mods now.

Murray B

Moved On
Jun 15, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Underaged registrant

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Yeah, there are women on this site. I think. Also I bet there are Men and Women in relationships with women, that use this site. So how about, I PC the question and ask, Which of these 30 watts devices, is the better device? FWIW, all my wife cares about is that device satisfies her need to smoke. My job is to find a vape that works for her. She is NOT going to participate in the shopping or deciding. Except to say yes or NO. I can't even get her to look at a Vaping site to find flavors. So I ask what other ladies like and use. Because my wife wants to quit smoking and switch to vape. But she is a busy person..... She doesn't have time or energy to do this research. WE don't have enough money to buy random mods till we find what she wants.

Murray B

Moved On
Jun 15, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Underaged registrant

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
You might have to think outside the list in order to buy your wife a satisfactory gift.

OH... I get it, everybody is obcessing on the "gift" issue. Really thats a minor issue. She would never accept an Electronic Cigarette as Her BD gift anyway. Not enough sparkle.

And THAT list. The list are examples of the type of mod and price range I am looking at. 30 watts or so and less than $50. Personally I'd prefer 18xxx batts, but fixed is OK.

Here's the deal I need an upgrade from mod 5-15watt kick....... She need an Upgrade from her vape, so that she can finally give up the sticks. Now my Mech and Kick set-up would work, for her just fine.. The way I run it. BUT, she doesn't like my mod, because it is heavy..... So since she likes my vape, and I need a bit more. I figure get 2, 30 watt mods. 1 for her and 1 for me. I'm leaning to the Istick 30 for her, seems to be the smallest. Unless she likes the Smokeless Owl Squonker I just ordered. The owl won't do it for me as I will need regulation at 15 watts or so. I've got a feeling bottom feed is made for her, and I wanted to try one. $25 why not. Maybe the guts of an Istick or one of my kicks inside a squonker box, is the answer.

As you can see there is no wrong answer.. Well there are a few.. I'm shopping but will be buying something about 5 days after my owl gets here.. We are going use that for a few days to help decide.

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
Me and my grilfriend both vape. I notice a big difference though in vaping priority. For me it is also about expirimenting to find the best vape, for her it is just about a satisfactory vape. I like complicated mods with lot's of features, see likes it simple and straigth forward. It just has to do what it is supposed to do. Size and weigth of the device is a big factor for her.
So she is very happy with her Istick, while I am curently on a Sigelei 75W TC, no matter the technical benefits of my device, she won't even consider changing over to such a device.

If your wife is anything like that I would also recommend an Istick, but not the 30w but the 40W with TC. It is about the same size, looks even a bit better (it has no lip, nicer firebutton) and costs about the same, and you get some extra features and wattage (which offcourse you don't have to use)...it makes a great combo with the Nautilus mini.

Last edited:
Reactions: JC Okie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread