Time to upgrade, the wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
No need to use the TC with the Istick 40W, you van just use it exactly the same as the 30w version, just keep it in wattage mode.
It is a very easy to use device, you can switch between regular (wattage) and Tc mode by just pushing the middle button. So set it to wattage and never touch that button again. Now it will operate the same as the 30w, just with a nicer looking device and 10w extra.

Btw: a good vape is also very dependent on the tank (clearomizer) and coils used. I got my biggest improvement switching tanks, it is not always in the mods...I got my first satisfactory vape when I switched from an older tank to my Nautilus mini.(although I have now moved on to other tanks)

Last edited:
Reactions: 93gc40

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
No need to use the TC with the Istick 40W, you van just use it exactly the same as the 30w version, just keep it in wattage mode.
It is a very easy to use device, you can switch between regular (wattage) and Tc mode by just pushing the middle button. So set it to wattage and never touch that button again. Now it will operate the same as the 30w, just with a nicer looking device and 10w extra.

Btw: a good vape is also very dependent on the tank (clearomizer) and coils used. I got my biggest improvement switching tanks, it is not always in the mods...I got my first satisfactory vape when I switched from an older tank to my Nautilus mini.(although I have now moved on to other tanks)

My first upgrade from the protank was a Kayfun. Used it for 3 months on top of the EGO1100 batts the wife uses now. Is still my primary atty for the last year. When i get her a better mod. She will get a RTA or Geni as a topper. I'm tired of fixing clearos.

Murray B

Moved On
Jun 15, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Underaged registrant

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Yeah the weight is the biggest issue for my wife.... If I could build her Protank to give the vapor she wants she would be happy. I have a Nautilus BVC, she thinks it's Ugly. Won't use it. And a RTA or Geni tank looks rediculous on top or her EGO batt. SO.... Here we are. In a perfect world I'd get her a tiny dripper and a 18350mech. In terms of fit and form that would be her preference, Poldiak style. But not poldiak length. BUT she refuses to drip. Mot going to carry a juice bottle. She wants to Press a button and suck and then blow, it takes more involvement than that for her... She will just stay with the Stinkies. And the pushing of the button part is even iffy. It get allowed because she would be replacing the act of using a lighter.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Murray B

Moved On
Jun 15, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Underaged registrant

josdanarm

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2015
Looking to upgrade our Vapes. Wife is using MY old EGO1100 batts and Protanks, I am using a Mech with a kick.

Wife just needs a little more than we can get out of the Protank. Her only real limitation is size and weight. My mech would work for her, using 18350 batts, But it is still "heavy" at 7oz.
Since I also want to Upgrade the KICK. I might get one too.

Anyway our Birthdays are coming and were wonder which pair to get. Recommendations please looking to go 30 watts or less. Also have have a loose limit of $50 per unit, so yeah clones. Used Fastech used here for simplicity.

Which of these would you chose?

Istick 50w $37.76 Authentic Eleaf iStick 50W 4400mAh VW VV Variable Wattage / Voltage APV Box Mod - 5W-50W / 2V-10V / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Istick 30 $38.73 Authentic Eleaf iStick 30W 2200mAh Variable Voltage / Wattage APV Box Mod - 2.0-8.0V / 5.0-30W / US plug adapter / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Cloupor mini $30.44 Authentic Cloupor Mini 30W Variable Wattage / Voltage VW VV APV Box Mod - 7-30W / 3.6-7V / anodized aluminum / gold at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

IPV Mini $45.88 Authentic Pioneer4You iPV Mini 5-30W Variable Wattage APV Box Mod - aluminum alloy / 1*18650 / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Sigelei $39.99 Authentic Sigelei Mini 30W VW Variable Wattage APV Box Mod - 5.0-30W / 1*18650 / aluminum alloy / silver at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Coolfire IV $35.37 Cool Fire IV Styled 40W 2000mAh VW/VV Variable Wattage / Voltage APV Box Mod - 6-40W / 3-7.5V / aluminum / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
I would avoid fast tech if you are n a hurry or just don't want to wait up to two months. They r a nice company but the location is very rough for me I'm just too impatient. Look at angelcigs.com they have cheap prices and some authentic pieces and fast tech prices. I hope that helps just remember if it doesn't say authentic it is a clone.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Which of these would you chose?

1) I think you've got to determine if you want this to be something with replaceable batteries or fixed batteries.
2) Next consider mAH of battery....how long do you want it to last?
3) Then, you've got to consider weight.

I no longer want a battery station / battery charger setup so I do like charging with micro usb to fixed battery. But I do require light weight.

This one they will replace the battery if you send it in for $25.......so it's really not a problem if after a year your fixed battery starts to run out:
Vapor Shark DNA | VaporShark.com

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
1) I think you've got to determine if you want this to be something with replaceable batteries or fixed batteries.
2) Next consider mAH of battery....how long do you want it to last?
3) Then, you've got to consider weight.

I no longer want a battery station / battery charger setup so I do like charging with micro usb to fixed battery. But I do require light weight.

This one they will replace the battery if you send it in for $25.......so it's really not a problem if after a year your fixed battery starts to run out:
Vapor Shark DNA | VaporShark.com

1. Don't care if internal or external. I have plenty of 18XXX bats to use and internal is just convenient.
2. I'll assume all of the 30watt mods out today can run at 7-15watts, long enough that the wife wont have to change batts while at work. Anything over 1100 MAH will do.
3. Weight is the number #1 requirement for the wife....... Going from a Ego1100batt/Protank combo, and comparing that to my Brass mech/Kayfun. Weight must fall closer to her setup than mine. At least in perception.

My requirements are, regulated at More than 15 watts, Light weight with a tank mounted (less than 6oz), Approx $50 (inc Tank), Comes in Lady colors (silicone cases fit here).

Does not matter, to me, Internal vs external batt, Regulation type (VV vs VW), TC (neither a Plus or minus)

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I would avoid fast tech if you are n a hurry or just don't want to wait up to two months. They r a nice company but the location is very rough for me I'm just too impatient. Look at angelcigs.com they have cheap prices and some authentic pieces and fast tech prices. I hope that helps just remember if it doesn't say authentic it is a clone.

I've dealt with FT many times. They tend to be my first stop for clones and crap... Never had an order take longer than 20 days once marked as shipped. (except during the strike, one took 26 days then) I always check Angelcigs.... Haven't ordered from there yet, though. They do have the Reo clone at the best price I've seen, US shipped.

josdanarm

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2015
I have ordered from them twice and both times it took 7 days and 4 of those was waiting on the order to process and both devices I received from them were excellent. Vertex v2 and hobo v2.1 I have had them for a good few months and still goin strong to b as inexpensive as they were. Gi e em a try.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
I have had a CFIV since they came out and can't say enough about them. They just feel "right" in the hand and are well built with 2000 real Mah and innokin quality.

If you want to WOW your wife then you have to check out the custom work Phinniac is laser etching in to the CFIV for very short money. They also etch glass for certain clearo's. Deffinately enough bling for a birthday present :) You could score some serious brownie points with the spousal unit.

This is one they did for forum member Katdarling

coolfire-collage-jpg.481863

Phiniac Etched Mods

Edit: Ha, I just noticed how old this thread is. I hope she got her mod by now! Love plugging Phiniac anytime, anyways.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I have had a CFIV since they came out and can't say enough about them. They just feel "right" in the hand and are well built with 2000 real Mah and innokin quality.

If you want to WOW your wife then you have to check out the custom work Phinniac is laser etching in to the CFIV for very short money. They also etch glass for certain clearo's. Deffinately enough bling for a birthday present :) You could score some serious brownie points with the spousal unit.

This is one they did for forum member Katdarling

coolfire-collage-jpg.481863

Phiniac Etched Mods

Edit: Ha, I just noticed how old this thread is. I hope she got her mod by now! Love plugging Phiniac anytime, anyways.

Nope, still looking. There is really no hurry. We just want a good mod. That is easy to use, without spending a bunch of money.

God, how things get blown out of proportion when you mention the possibility of "Gift" or B-day. My wife would kill me If I actually thought she would want a Vape or to her Cigarette replacement device, for a gift much less a B-day present. Being she has a loaded .380, I try not to piss her off. No a fancy Vape will not earn any brownie points. The wrong mod will cause deduction of points, though.

I just got myself a Smokeless Owl, She likes it. So that adds squonkers to the possibilities.. Too many choices.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Well Got the wife her vape....... "authentic" Istick MINI with a Bell capped Kayfun. From Fastech Reason... Tiny and Pinkish red. Will perform better than Her Ego1100 batteries and Protank. Yeah I know they have the 30 watt for 2 less $$. My choice.. The Mini is cuter AND (she has a gun, I don't argue) Technically this will be her first Vape. She just want a little more from Vaping than she currently gets. So that she can finally quit the Smoking. For that I need her using a Rebuildable Atomizer and/or regulated mod to give it to her. 10 watts and a Kayfun, give a TON of options. So.... simple is important for Her and me. I have to maintain it, Easier to rebuild a Kayfun than a Protank. Kayfun doesn't look good on a EGO Battery.

Thank for the help........ I know we will be following it in a few month or so.

mecca7979

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
California
ipv d2 I have one and it is super small, small and light I think it would be perfect for her. Plus even though it does temperature control you do not have to use it and when the time comes you do not have to go looking for a new device that does temp control. Not to mention price is right there around $45.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Well Got the wife her vape....... "authentic" Istick MINI with a Bell capped Kayfun. From Fastech Reason... Tiny and Pinkish red. Will perform better than Her Ego1100 batteries and Protank. Yeah I know they have the 30 watt for 2 less $$. My choice.. The Mini is cuter AND (she has a gun, I don't argue) Technically this will be her first Vape. She just want a little more from Vaping than she currently gets. So that she can finally quit the Smoking. For that I need her using a Rebuildable Atomizer and/or regulated mod to give it to her. 10 watts and a Kayfun, give a TON of options. So.... simple is important for Her and me. I have to maintain it, Easier to rebuild a Kayfun than a Protank. Kayfun doesn't look good on a EGO Battery.

Thank for the help........ I know we will be following it in a few month or so.

Time for an update and more questions.... She loves the mod, but not the Kayfun.. It's just to airy for her. even with afc shut way down and running a 2ohm or bigger coil. So she has been using the Protank on it. Issue now is the tank broke and must be replaced.

Now I need to find her an atomizer. I need to find a Tank fed atty that is a tight MTL. A dripper with a 1.5-2ml capacity might also work. Basically I want the same draw or tighter than her Protank clone, but not a 510 air hole. Would the nautilus fit this requirement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread