Tingling Sensations, Chest Pains, General Malaise

Status
Not open for further replies.

cord

Sep 4, 2016
I know, that's a terrible tittle.

I'll cut to the point. I've been vaping for about a year and a half, but some developments have arose over the course of the last couple of months. I have been vaping compulsively and am having trouble stopping the habit.

Objectively, the correct course of action would be to simply stop vaping. My posting here is unnecessary and really accomplishes nothing. However, I am here despite that..

Basically, I've been getting pain. In my chest, primarily when I am attempting to sleep. I've lost dozens of nights' rest, and have even noted some moments as feeling as though I'm close to death.

Symptoms currently noted:
Malaise
Tingling in all nerves of the body
Rocking motion sensations
Elevated heart rate
Chest pains, distinctively in the general location of both breast areas.
Stinging sensations in random areas of the body, as though reacting to an allergy releasing histamines.
Waking up prematurely with left arm numbed completely, twice in two months. Elevated heart rate accompanied by panic and terror.

I'm scheduled for a cardiologist. Soon a rheumatologist. I've had ekg's and bloodwork coming back fine up to this point despite persistent symptoms. Now I've had an ekg and bloodwork come back abnormally, as of recent. Sinus tachycardia and resting heart rate above 152. c3c and c4c compliments were very low, but the remainder of tests on the lupus panel came back neg. Urine good, remaining blood work results good.

So I'm sitting here, unable to sleep, per the usual. Stressed, terribly, about the c3c and c4c results, the pains, and lack of alleviate from basic otc medicines like tylenol and benedryl.

Theory one: contents of e-liquid have been identified in my system as foreign and are being attacked directly by my immune system, causing an immune complex by depleting c3c and c4c, which are being used to clean up pg, vg, flavorings, and nicotine.

Theory two: Nicotine, pg, vg, has caused a change in electrical signaling.

Theory three: acquired intolerance.

Like I mentioned previously, vaping has been a compulsive habit for me. I could just be sick from something else, or am exacerbating a condition that is not normally present in my biology. Sometimes I think maybe my arteries are clogged, that my heart may be failing, or inflamed from vaping (causing low c3c/c4c), among other fearful thoughts.

Anyhow, while vaping, all of these symptoms do indeed get worse, proportionate to how much more I vape. Additionally, vaping minimally, e.g. 1ml in a day, does not appear to attenuate these issues completely (though the symptoms remain, the tested time frames were normally from constant vaping to next day minimal usage).

Curious on input from the 2016 crowd.

Reactions: zoiDman

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Honestly, w/out knowing your full medical history, there really is no way to diagnose you over the internet.

My philosophy of life is that if I feel better NOT doing something, then I just stop doing it.

What does your doctor think?

Some of these across the chest sensations could be something like thoracic outlet syndrome. I had that for a while and had to get physical therapy. Nothing to do with diet or vaping, etc.

Seems like you might need to see a neurologist with all those nerve sensations.

Hope you feel better soon.

cord

Sep 4, 2016
I'm hoping to dissolve these issues if possible. Seeing a cardiologist tomorrow, and a Rheum. on the 30th of this month.

I am not attributing these symptoms primarily to vaping, but it is indeed worth considering that the activity can exacerbate pre-existing conditions or genetic susceptibility. Perhaps vaping merely shifts my perception from an apathetic sensational state to a more perceptive one, thus relating to the complex of observable measurements in discomfort proportioned to consuming.

In addition, I have considered, but not definitively defined as, thoracic outlet syndrome, to be a possibility (I've been treated for neck pain that was abnormal and disabling when I was a teenager). I've had the thought for a while that my nerve signaling could be off, as many visits to doctors in the past, despite being symptomatic, have been written off as non specific and undue for concern.

Thanks for your replies.

cord

Sep 4, 2016
Yes, these symptoms are more recent.

I've had phases of chest pains prior to vaping, but I never had them as stabbing pains when trying to sleep. That's the only symptom I had before vaping. I have however been dx'd with MDD and anxiety. My anxiety has been horrible for years, but the last year has been quite extreme. I am not medicated for either, so that could relate.

I find it difficult to consider that these symptoms could stem from psychiatric conditions. I'm really worried about those C3C and C4C results. If it is from active lupus, then I'm really in for it... There's a list of horrible complications that relate to those results.

It's strange because low C3C and C4C correspond to disease and sickness, yet I don't exactly get sick or experience recurrent infections. I do however experience the listed symptoms, and I would say it is quite scary at points. If i'm going to sum up my vaping habit, it's probably self-medicating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread