Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*

Thanks to stormy for this one ---- :)

make us all shiny and lovely clean threads too ----

Metal polishes
I went to Ace today and they had a sale. I bought some Nevr-Dull, Maas and some Cape Cod metal polishing cloths. I already had some Noxon. Well after testing all four the Cape Cod polishing cloths worked better for me. It was easier and had a nice smell. They are pre-moistened clothes in a little zip pouch. I was surprised that they worked the best but they did. It was pretty cheap too. I will likely still use my jewelry cloths for a daily wipe though.

DMertz99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Maryland

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
This is the method I use for my attys also-----

icon1.gif
this from HighPing -------

My Atty Resurrection Method

This is the only method I use, and I have attys that are 4-5 months old and still going strong. One in particular, I have vaped well over 300ml through and it hits like the day (after) I got it

1. Blow out any excess juice.
2. Rinse with hot water and blow out thoroughly. (no need to dry over night, or anything. They have a built in dryer ;-))
3. Connect to battery...preferably something higher voltage than stock. I use my variable voltage power supply that's connected to a PS passthrough and set it to about 5.2V for a 510 (6.5ish for an 801), but if all you have is stock, then that will work too.
4. Push button until you see orange hot...carefully...not super bright (white hot).
5. Let off button and blow down the barrel (from a distance, not with your mouth actually on it), this kind of flash cools it and also gets some of the moist air out to speed the drying process.
6. Repeat (steps 4 and 5) 5-10 times... you will see that gradually (once you've got it dry) the glow will occur much quicker.
7. Once you have it to this point, press and release the button at a rate that just holds the orange glow (kind of a manual 'pulse width modulate'). Keep this glow going for 20-30 seconds, being very careful to maintain the glow at low orange (not bright red/white) or you'll pop it.
8. Once you have done that, repeat steps 2-7 one more time.

At this point you will have an atty that performs like (or better than) brand new. I have used this technique with 510, 801, 901, 401, and 4081 attys and it always works for me. I like this method because it is quick and simple. No need for any cleaners or overnight soaking. Takes 2-3 minutes and you're back in business.

** You do have to use some caution, as you can pop an atty pretty easily until you have the method down. I haven't popped one in quite some time though.

**Also, no need to remove the wick (that's in there for a reason), as you are baking all the gunk out when you do this. This is the reason for the second rinse in the middle of the process. You basically turn the gunk to ash with the sustained orange glow, then rinse the ash out.

If anyone tries this, give some feedback and let me know if you find any ways to perfect this method. Seems to work great, but there are always ways to improve ;-)

Edit: (some tips on the "rinse, dry and burn" stages of the process)

**Tips on the 'rinse' stage (step 2)
Step 2 is meant to get as much juice out of the atty as possible. The more juice you can get out with the water rinse, the faster you will get the atty dry in steps 4&5. (The water will evaporate off much quicker than juice.)
- Rinse by just running hot water from the tap first. Then once you have it somewhat clean, fill the atty barrel with water then (before all the water runs out), put it in your lips and blow the water through really hard. This will give all the nickel foam that's in the atty a kind of "power wash" and get most of any remaining juice out.

**Tips on the 'dry' stage (steps 4 & 5):
Steps 4 and 5 are meant to get the atty 'bone dry', before you move on to step 6 and the button pulsing.
-The more water you can blow out before connecting to the batt, the better. Blow through the atty really hard from both ends (not at the same time:rolleyes:)
- You can also blow gently down the barrel (from a distance), while holding the button in step 4 to speed the drying process. This will clear the hot moist air out of the atty and allow for a quicker drying time. The key in these steps is to get the atty dried out.

Tips on the 'Burn' stage (step 7)
The whole key to not popping the atty is keeping a good visual on the coil, and watching the hottest part while pulsing the button. I have had a few attys that will get bright hot on one end of the coil and nothing on the other end of the coil. The way to make this method the most effective is to maintain that orange glow at the hottest end while pulsing the button. If you keep it up long enough you will see the glow slowly migrate across the coil. When you are all done the entire coil should glow when the button is pressed.
Once you are past the drying step, you should not hold the button for more than one second. It should really be much shorter than that. More like a button pulse of 2-3 times a second.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
I have a little tip here I discovered quite by accident-----

when you use a new cartridge it is great and vapes good,

but I noticed some of them are packed really tight.

I take out the filler and wash it with hot water, pat it dry on a paper towel,
then pull it out and fluff it up,---

then--

remove about half of it --

fluff it, cut the top end nice and straight

and put it back into the cartridge, when you use it now,
you will see it holds more juice,
and vapes like a steam train.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Stickied :)

Hey thanks everyone that has thus far contributed to this thread, I'm sure that we all have something to contribute.

Just think of the things you do as a ritual that you have learned on your own :)

Mud

Thanks MM,

I am sure that everyone has some thing to contribute to this thread,
cleaning tips,
vaping tips,
atty tips
battery tips
anything at all,

for any model ecig please........ don't be shy ---
:)

videvinci

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
South Africa
I have tried everything mentioned in the ECF forum and my thumbs-up still goes to an OP who mentioned that she uses organza material as filler. For my 801 atty, I cut a square piece which I roll up loosely, fold double, insert closed side into the cartridge with a tweezer, cut off excess that sticks out further than the cartridge, fill with about 20 drops and vape away. After 2 days I just rinse under water, let dry and use again. (I have about 20 squares in rotation- and they are dirt cheap)

dskarpus

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
Manhattan Upper West Side
Try your old questionable attys with the new indulgence. You will find some of them are good. This is because since I don't have the tester, I couldn't tell whether it was the atty or the battery. I found over a dozen were good. I don't think I will test the batts for now since Indulgence is the, dare I say it, perfect platform. At least until the new website?

Jumi

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2010
Athens, Greece
Hmm tips....
I really have no idea how i could track the package more effectively. Any faster ways? :D
You can use a macro recorder / player software, so when you press e.g. [ctrl]+F1 it opens your browser, goes to ems and fills the form all by itself. It is so easy that you can - and will - do it every 3 minutes! :D:D:D

dskarpus

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
Manhattan Upper West Side
The bottom plate that moves may not make proper contact with the negative (-) flat end. Use a pair of pliers to bend it slightly, check to make sure of proper contact, repeat if necessary. Once the battery fits and light turns red, wrap the charger and battery with a rubber band to hold it in place. This will ensure good charging. It only took me two months to figure this out. Now I know my batteries and chargers are ok. One of my chargers was worse than other. Now both are good. Oh, and unplug before using pliers. Safety first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread