Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
everybody take your wifes hairdryer and hold it against the top cap mor a few seconds, the caps pop right odd with tweezers it works great and just do a few or as many as you want all in a row then your little white tops will be removed and I also take the little black caps of of my 510 carts and use those on my 510 cartos they are perfect and stay in and come out easy.!!! Di hugs and kiss's sexy

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
everybody take your wifes hairdryer and hold it against the top cap mor a few seconds, the caps pop right odd with tweezers it works great and just do a few or as many as you want all in a row then your little white tops will be removed and I also take the little black caps of of my 510 carts and use those on my 510 cartos they are perfect and stay in and come out easy.!!! Di hugs and kiss's sexy

yup,

this is a good way to do this,

and i like to replace the end with a 901 whistletip or a driptip

and thanks MWA, --
:vapor:

dskarpus

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
Manhattan Upper West Side
FunnyPictures255.jpg

Jumi

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2010
Athens, Greece
hahahhaha --

go gettem jumi,

dont let that lil bugger beat you ---------

try heating the end with a cig lighter, to loosen glue -
then use a pair of needle nose tweezers to pry the end out..................
or a sewing machine needle --
I don't like the idea of placing a plastic catromizer with sticker and glue over fire :shock::D It might not get burned but I will breathe through it afterwards.

But I will try haidryer (and later a big hammer if it doesn't work :D ).

Also, on Greek forum someone found this video (for lucky people like you that managed to open your cartos :D ). Double your cartos capacity:
YouTube - doublecapacity breather mod for Carto

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
I don't like the idea of placing a plastic catromizer with sticker and glue over fire :shock::D It might not get burned but I will breathe through it afterwards.

But I will try haidryer (and later a big hammer if it doesn't work :D ).

Also, on Greek forum someone found this video (for lucky people like you that managed to open your cartos :D ). Double your cartos capacity:
YouTube - doublecapacity breather mod for Carto

love this idea,

tried it

and it works really good

extended vaping time for sure--

and I usually throw mine across the room if i cant get the tops off,

it does not help at all,---------------------------------

but I feel better- hahahahahahah

:evil: :evil: :w00t: :w00t: :pervy: :pervy: :censored: :censored:

pass the hammer -- jumi -- :laugh:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
The hairdryer works great, there is a little ring of hard glue left inside of the cart but the exato knife carves it right out as well.!! I dont know why they dont make these with just a press fit, at least the blanks, Di get on that would you sexy.!!!

I did already,

I made the suggestion
for a easily removable cap like the DPV9 cartys

they seem to have their own ideas,
and listen only when they want to.

I try - really I do ------ :(

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
We thank Sattec for this one -

The Crest Method of atty cleaning

icon1.gif
cleaning atty's, the best solution I found that works great!
well, nobody pm'd me so I'll just give the solution here and now.
First let me say, I spent alot of time figuring this out. The best thing I have found to clean your atty's with no fuss is ...crest pro mouthwash blue.
For some reason this solution straight out of the bottle out performs anything I tried. Here's some tips I learned...

1. your gonna ruin the "prime"after you clean with crest mouthwash. Repriming can be tough
2. If your really cleaning the gunk off, the solution will turn green and you'll clearly see small black balls of gunk in the jar you use.
3. Just put your atty's in a jar and add enough crest to cover the atty's and shake the jar for about 15 minutes. The atty's should be laying down
in the jar
4. dry them completely. Don't try to burn off the crest solution, it takes forever.

thats it guys....I had over 40 atty's in this test and everybody uses different juice, this solution of straight crest mouthwash did the best job of anything....the only variation I found that might help was to add one half a tablet of eferdent false teeth cleaner to the mix. But really, the crest alone does very well.....

Thanks to everybody that sent in the atty's, I ruined every one of them in order to really see what was happing when I soaked them in cleaner....Oh yeah, the crest will not attack the glue holding the atty together....that was a problem with a few of the solution I tried, they worked well but melted the glue....thanks again!!!! Sorry it took so long but I had to go on a job and have been away from home for a while.....

I am eager to hear the results from you guys, give it try, you'll be surprised how well your old atty's will perform after cleaning with crest mouth wash, plus they have a great fresh smell and all the old flavoring is washed away......

bluesuede

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Central PA, USA
Can also gently warm the Crest. Micro for maybe 10-15 secs. Be sure to rinse thoroughly. Sometimes you may even want let them soak in water overnight to get rid of minty taste. Also, be sure the atties are really, really dry before priming them. If you're in a hurry, blow dry 'em or leave in 150 degree oven for 20 mins. :)

You won't believe how clean they get. Silver sparklers, just like new.

Edit: Add... don't agitate so hard you bang up the paint. Gentle swishing will do it.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
The Crest works well been using it for about 4 months now, however the way I do it is like this, First a warm water rinse, then a little bit of PGA in the Atty and shake it up good then another warm water rinse, then the crest soak, I find the blowing out and rinses first get a lot out and the PGA loosens everything up really good, After the Crest soak, next another warm water rinse to get out the crest really well. This is a great method and works best, i cant take all the credit because it was a test I did with someone else as well. THIS WORKS BEST..!!!

bluesuede

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Central PA, USA
What little black caps? I dunno how this is supposed to work! I got the top off the 510 carto easily enuff with a hairdryer but then of course you can't put it back on because it falls off. :mad: So I tried to fit the reg. 510 cart and it doesn't fit, nor does it come apart? My prefilled carts come with rubber cap cover and no hole (obviously). So what the heck are you supposed to do???
Edit add: Tried the following mouthpieces: 401, 510, 801 and 901. None fit. :cry:

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Topic = The Indulgence Extended Cup Spring

OK so I have owned my Indulgence for quite some time now and also many other of the Best Mods on the market. After using my Indulgence for quite a few months now and reading threads on how to stretch the spring a little bit to make other Batteries fit and run in the Indulgence I found the following.
and I decided that wasn't working for me.

I decided to take a trip to the Home Depot today. I was looking for a spring in the section where springs where to be found and just couldn't find anything perfect for my Indulgence. I searched a bit further and in the section where there where Bi fold door parts I found the perfect spring that was tapered like it should be.

All I did had to do is cut a little bit off the bottom section of the spring so I could twist it into the indulgence, I also bent the top part to make it a bit smaller for better battery contact. I sanded the inside bottom of my Indulgence with a small folded up piece of sandpaper attached to my long tweezers so there was no rust marks till it was very shiny and a bit scratched up for a better contact.

I have to say this spring that I modded for my Indulgence now makes my unit better than its ever been and better than the factory spring that it came with. I can run 2 x 3V & 3.7V Tenergy Batteries all AW brand Batteries the 3V,3.7V and the 3.7V 18650 AW and trustfire 3.7V 18650 and there 3V & 3.2V, 3.7V Batt as well in my Indulgence and no fiddling around with my spring at all, the spring is of the correct resistance and now I can run just about any battery or combo from any manufacturer I want.

The indulgence fires better as well when I touch my button no misses and no cardboard necessary at all to stop that rattling noise they make at times, the batteries dont shake with this higher tension spring. I will say this is the only thing that I found to be needed to improve my Gold Indulgence and other than that the unit is super.

Anyone can do this just by going to Home Depot in the bi fold door section like I said, you will see the package of this spring with a metal rod in the middle of the spring, the package in shrink plastic and cardboard, it was something like $4.00 thats it very cheap.

I suggest replacing your spring with this set up if you want to run all the batteries I mention above in your Indulgence. I would like to see Eastmall come out with a replacement spring that people could purchase to make it easier and in Copper for a better resistance and contact with a heavier spring and an inch to inch and a half bigger than the one it currently has, but The Home Depot is closer and a very cheap way to improve your Indulgence.

Last edited:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Refilling the Carty's
This is the best method I have seen so far

thanks to DogsBody for this

it is Brilliant --------

YouTube - Refill Ecig Cartos Quick and Easy (CCFM)

I have to bump this – cos it is just brilliant –

So quick and easy,
Remove nothing –

Refill, and vape again in 5 seconds,

No mess, -- no hassles –

BRILLIANT ------

sanfordf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2010
Northern San Diego county
Topic = The Indulgence Extended Cup Spring

OK so I have owned my Indulgence for quite some time now and also many other of the Best Mods on the market. After using my Indulgence for quite a few months now and reading threads on how to stretch the spring a little bit to make other Batteries fit and run in the Indulgence I found the following.
and I decided that wasn't working for me.

I decided to take a trip to the Home Depot today. I was looking for a spring in the section where springs where to be found and just couldn't find anything perfect for my Indulgence. I searched a bit further and in the section where there where Bi fold door parts I found the perfect spring that was tapered like it should be.

All I did had to do is cut a little bit off the bottom section of the spring so I could twist it into the indulgence, I also bent the top part to make it a bit smaller for better battery contact. I sanded the inside bottom of my Indulgence with a small folded up piece of sandpaper attached to my long tweezers so there was no rust marks till it was very shiny and a bit scratched up for a better contact.

I have to say this spring that I modded for my Indulgence now makes my unit better than its ever been and better than the factory spring that it came with. I can run 2 x 3V & 3.7V Tenergy Batteries all AW brand Batteries the 3V,3.7V and the 3.7V 18650 AW and trustfire 3.7V 18650 and there 3V & 3.2V, 3.7V Batt as well in my Indulgence and no fiddling around with my spring at all, the spring is of the correct resistance and now I can run just about any battery or combo from any manufacturer I want.

The indulgence fires better as well when I touch my button no misses and no cardboard necessary at all to stop that rattling noise they make at times, the batteries dont shake with this higher tension spring. I will say this is the only thing that I found to be needed to improve my Gold Indulgence and other than that the unit is super.

Anyone can do this just by going to Home Depot in the bi fold door section like I said, you will see the package of this spring with a metal rod in the middle of the spring, the package in shrink plastic and cardboard, it was something like $4.00 thats it very cheap.

I suggest replacing your spring with this set up if you want to run all the batteries I mention above in your Indulgence. I would like to see Eastmall come out with a replacement spring that people could purchase to make it easier and in Copper for a better resistance and contact with a heavier spring and an inch to inch and a half bigger than the one it currently has, but The Home Depot is closer and a very cheap way to improve your Indulgence.

I just took the spring out and stretched it a bit, put 2 shiny pennies in the bottom and replaced the spring, centering it with my long tweezers. I can now use 2 - 3.2v LiFePO4 16340 1000mah batts at 6.4v. Shorter bursts on EM brand HV 901, HV 801 and HV 510 atties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread