Tips For Setting Up a DNA200 Mod (FAQ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I decided to make up a thread dealing with questions I get on setting up a DNA200. I hope others will add anything they think is relevant.

1. How to add new TC wire to the material tab:
To add a new TC wire you can download the TFR table from Steam Engine as a CSV file to your PC located here. Click on the drop-down box and select the wire material you are interested in. Then click on the DNA200 tab above the drop-down box and finally click the download TFR table as CSV tab below and to the right (pay attention to where you are saving it to on your PC).

Then go to your material tab and click on the + button to add a new material. Then you would click on the un-named material you just added, then click the next button to the right of the + tab which is the open material button. Then navigate to where it (the CSV file) was saved on your PC and click on the CSV file and open. That's the way to add a curve instead of a single TCR number. Hope that wasn't confusing. That's the way I do it. It names it for you from the CSV file.

2. How to add custom screens:
Download the ones you like to your PC (make note of where you have saved them to). Hook up your DNA200 mod to Escribe and select the theme tab. Find the screen slot you want to change and click on load. Navigate to where you saved the screen on your PC and click on it then click on open. Finally click on Upload Settings to device tab at the top of Escribe. Now you will be able to change any screens you want. That is also how you add custom screens to your 8 profiles only it's done in the General Tab.

PS Here's a link to where you can download a ton of custom screens and themes. It's on Google drive and sometime I get a 500 error, just refresh and it will eventually load.

3. Do I need to run The Battery Analyzer.
While I always think it's the best way to go if you have the time and correct resistor, it's not absolutely necessary. You can go to the mod tab and click on the Watt Hour Calculator. Then fill in the mah rating of your Lipo pack and it will calculate the Watt Hours and ask if you want to use this value, click Yes.

PS You want Lithium Polymer selected for Lipo packs or 18650's. Three cells unless you are running a 2 x 18650 DNA200 mod

4. Why can't see my charging screens while charging?
Most DNA200 mods come with the charging brightness set to 0. To change this go to the Screen tab in Escribe (with your mod hooked up) and increase the brightness from 0. I use 50-60% (I have old eyes :D). Set it to whatever you prefer. This is where you can also change the screens you see while in running and charging mode. There are a lot to choose from :)

IMPORTANT: DON'T FORGET TO CLICK ON THE "UPLOAD SETTINGS TO DEVICE TAB" AT THE TOP OF ESCRIBE WHEN YOU ARE DONE MAKING CHANGES IN ORDER TO SAVE YOUR CHANGES TO YOU MOD.

Here's a link to the thread that discusses new test firmware Evolv releases, including a link to download it (it's in the 1st post).

I'll add to this post/thread as new things come to mind

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Wingsfan0310......... THANK YOU for picking up the mantle of helping others with DNA technology. Many ECF members, for years, have carried that mantle to be a positive and effective resource for others. Many long time ECF members are still around but, because of the way they have been treated over time, no longer post much anymore. The last, and most unfair treatment they had to privately debunk has caused a number of experienced DNA vaping members to not post at all any longer. Having been a party to this treatment I am pretty quiet these days but will help out if I can, though, more infrequently. It is a shame this has went the way it did but it is what it is. Posting ECF members are only a very small group of folks compared to the numbers of vapors worldwide but the ECF, in my opinion, is still the greatest forum for diversified information and for community.

OK...... to all those with questions, comments, issues, or those just wanting to join in..... have at it.... we care for the community and enjoy our DNA devices.:thumbs:

Bob aka retird

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Nice work, thank you :thumb:

Thank You for this! Great info for us DNA200 noobs! Now I have Ti and SS316L profiles!
You are welcome guys and I'm glad you find it helpful! :toast:

Wingsfan0310......... THANK YOU for picking up the mantle of helping others with DNA technology. Many ECF members, for years, have carried that mantle to be a positive and effective resource for others. Many long time ECF members are still around but, because of the way they have been treated over time, no longer post much anymore. The last, and most unfair treatment they had to privately debunk has caused a number of experienced DNA vaping members to not post at all any longer. Having been a party to this treatment I am pretty quiet these days but will help out if I can, though, more infrequently. It is a shame this has went the way it did but it is what it is. Posting ECF members are only a very small group of folks compared to the numbers of vapors worldwide but the ECF, in my opinion, is still the greatest forum for diversified information and for community.

OK...... to all those with questions, comments, issues, or those just wanting to join in..... have at it.... we care for the community and enjoy our DNA devices.:thumbs:

Bob aka retird

Thank you very much for the kind words, I really appreciate it. You have been carrying the torch for a long time and I am just trying to chip in. I also wanted to thank you for adding the links my friend! :thumbs:

Cheers,
Steve

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj

Bob aka retird
Heard at least most of the broad stokes of that indignity from many of the members affected in a private chat in another forum. I was appalled as this was the absolute core of go to individuals providing timely and accurate support for so many members that has made ECF a true resource for the DNA community.

Can't blame you guys a bit for feeling a bit resentful and unappreciated! What an utterly bad move to even consider doing that to your greatest resources and knowledge base on the subject. At least reason won the day in the end, but it will understandably take time to heal the wounds. Thank you for all your efforts in the past to make this forum (and that other place) Outstanding resources for the community on behalf of all of us you have voluntarily helped so many times! I would list you all individually but do not want to do anything to cause another issue.

Fully understand the True Significance of that following post and I'm very, very happy to see it!

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I don't think it's necessary. The main thing to do is put the correct watt hours in for your particular battery (there is a Wh calculator in Escribe). You can find the Mod resistance number for most mods on Evolv's Early Adopters Forum, probably the case thermal numbers as well. My 5 mods resistance are set between .003-.007.

PS If the Wh are set incorrect it will only make your battery meter off, not really a big deal.

Cheers,
Steve

Reactions: Carbon59

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Where are we at with the DNA200 Firmware/eScribe? I had heard a while back that there was a beta firmware update but not sure if it's been released for general consumption. I've avoided connecting my VT200 to eScribe for that reason and was just curious as to it's status.

Thanks.
I've been using the test firmware since February (Firmware 2016-02-29 EScribe 1.0.42). I really like it and have had no issues whatsoever. Here's a link where you can download the newest version of Escribe/Firmware if you are interested. The newest version is always in the first post.

No worries about connecting you VT200 to your version of Escribe. The test firmware won't be uploaded to it until it's the recommended version. On top of that Escribe doesn't automatically update the firmware. It lets you know when there is a an update available and you have to tell it to update.

PS the latest recommended firmware is Firmware 2015-10-21 EScribe 1.0.35.2 (that's also available on the first post of the thread I linked you to at Evolv's DNA200 Early Adopters Forum).

Cheers,
Steve

k2zs

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2014
Rochester, NY
Thanks Steve,

After posting here I started eScribe and it told me there was a new version so I accepted the upgrade. It brought me up to ver 1.0.42 so I hope I didn't mess things up.

I'm mostly a low power/high ohm vaper. I carry my Kabuki (nautilus coils) on an IPV D2 every day and vape mostly menthols. I keep my VT200 on my desk and it's only ever used a Kanger Sub Tank Mini with an NI200 coil in it (once in a while I like some sweet stuff lol).

After getting the VT200 back in October, I started seeing posts about the device failing so I've been using it sparingly. It works great as I have it set right now but I did buy some SS316 wire, maybe I'll do the FW update and play some. I'll keep it conservative though so I don't ruin the mod, I think most of the failures were doe tp people pushing the limits of the device...

Reactions: MikeyConti

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
You didn't mess anything up. I've had a VT200 for awhile now and it's been working just fine. I use that and my Lavabox's the most out of all of my DNA200's. Feel free to ask any questions you might have either here or in a PM. I'm always happy to help if I can!

Cheers,
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread