Status
Not open for further replies.

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
JLeigh, I am also worried about traveling with it. Hopefully hanging out in this forum will make us both more comfortable with the idea.

My question is for the frequent flyers. If the TSA does stop you and ask you what it is, what do you say? What would you call it?

Its a personal vaporizer. half the time I ask the person sitting next to me if its OK to use without any problems.

tmbrown327

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
RI
I call it an inhaler, a nicotine inhaler if pressed. I let them assume it's a medical device (I use a Janty Stick, so no confusion with a cigarette there). I put liquid in and get nicotine out, I don't have any idea how it works. It has a battery. End of interrogation. Of course, I know exactly how it works, but they don't need to know that.

Ponda

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I like the idea of calling it an inhaler. It's a pretty neutral term, usually implying medical needs. Most people will not even think about it twice.

I would try to avoid the term "nicotine" since it carries a negative stigma. Perhaps something more medicinal sounding. I can't think of the right term right now. When I do, I'll post it for discussion.

indianwells

Oct 1, 2009
I'm travelling from London Gatwick to Tampa at the end of the month on BA. Because it's a 7 week trip I have stocked up on atty's and batteries. I'm thinking of taking them all in hand baggage (about 13 510's), my thinking being I don't want my checked baggage ripped open. I'm thinking of keeping them in the boxes they were shipped in. Do you think that will be OK? I'd be devastated if they were confiscated!
It really does pee me off that I feel worried about taking something perfectly legal through security, surely it would be easy to simply educate security staff that e-cigs are fine?

tmbrown327

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
RI
I'm going to China next month. I'm taking pretty much everything I can lug with me. I'll take some in my laptop bag and the rest in my carry on, hoping that if some jerk somewhere decides they don't like the look of something, they'll only get some.

Having said that, I've never been even looked at funny in all my other trips through security.

anim8r

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
DC
I recently flew to CO and and I got pulled aside when I went through the inspection on the way there.

So, on the trip back, I put my Green Smoke accessories, extra carts and the batteries (each with a cart installed so it looked like an e-cig) in a clear plastic bag out in the open in one of the plastic trays.

They went right through. No questions asked.

keon718nyc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Im flying out to jamaica from new york city and hope not to run into any issues. Im just wondering if i pack it into my main bag that gets checked in the under part of plane will i have any issues? Im hoping not, i also my bring in my wifes bag carry on some carts for the 901 and the 901 through metal detectors at jfk airport. Hope i dont run into any problems... Just wondering on any input... Also i cant find anything on jamaica and e-cigs ;(

13ways

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Orlando, FL
First off don't take it through the metal detector unless you like walking back and forth with a high pitched sound going off. A PV is mostly made of metal and metal detectors detect...well, they detect metal and it will ring every time. Send it through the Xray machine and there shouldnt be any issues. There is a FAQ at the top of this forum that I wrote that should answer most of your questions.

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
First off don't take it through the metal detector unless you like walking back and forth with a high pitched sound going off. A PV is mostly made of metal and metal detectors detect...well, they detect metal and it will ring every time. Send it through the Xray machine and there shouldnt be any issues. There is a FAQ at the top of this forum that I wrote that should answer most of your questions.

13, good to still see you around, appreciate you helping here in the travel forum.

tenantsf

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
earth
Just flew on Continental from San Francisco (SFO) to Houston (IAH) and didn't have a problem with airport security. Followed everyone's advice and kept everything organized. Put my juices in a ziplock bag, my KR808D-1 batteries together with my laptop and my cartomizers in the small carton they came in and had zero problems. No questions asked. :thumb:

Picklesworth.

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2011
Minneapolis
Thanks for all the info. It helps to put my mind at ease as Wi will by flying out to NJ soon and am taking my eGo along. It was not a dificult decision not to take my silver bullet as it looks like a pipe bomb. Also when I mentioned it to my flight atendent friend she said "that would be a nightmare".
So the plan is my eGo with my cary on. I am going to put it were I cant get at it and bring some snuss or maybe dig out that stupid Nicotein RX inhaler i was prescibed years ago. I have used that b4 on flights. Its about all its good for. Also I could see myself sneaking off to the bathroom and seting of the f'in alarm with vapor and grounding the plane. Me yelling "Its an inhaler!!' as they drag me off in cuffs. No thanks man :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread