Status
Not open for further replies.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
That's what I'm afraid of... At least with smoking, I had to go outside since my girlfriend doesn't smoke.

Exactly. I never smoked inside. When I first started vaping I didn't either to try to stay to the same routine to help me quit. Now I vape inside which means I vape much more

Shufflefield

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Columbus, OH, USA
As others have said, you need a backup. You already ordered though so it's too late. When you can, at the very least, grab a 400mah. Despite your light smoking habits, you are going to hit a wall with only one battery on hand.

The VV's are nice, I have a few generic ones and will eventually get a Triton, but since switching to the Tritons I don't even use the twists anymore. In fact I am about to pass them on to a friend who wants to get started. I use standard ohm heads for everything except Tribeca which I use a 2.6-2.8 with.

You mentioned you didn't want the kit because the batteries were only 650's. when I ordered my first setup of Tritons I didn't get the kit either. I got 2 1300's because I wanted the longer battery life. I like my 1300's, but ordered a 650 a little later as a backup. Now I wish I had got the kit to begin with because the case is nice and the 650's last all day, no problem. They even sent me a 400 on accident (which they let me keep) and that thing lasts all day and is just dandy for easy pocket ability.

I guess the point I am making is that what you want/need right now might not turn out to be what you really needed in 2 months.

good luck the first time you forget to charge your battery or you mis-time how long it will actually last you. :p

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
As others have said, you need a backup. You already ordered though so it's too late. When you can, at the very least, grab a 400mah. Despite your light smoking habits, you are going to hit a wall with only one battery on hand.

The VV's are nice, I have a few generic ones and will eventually get a Triton, but since switching to the Tritons I don't even use the twists anymore. In fact I am about to pass them on to a friend who wants to get started. I use standard ohm heads for everything except Tribeca which I use a 2.6-2.8 with.

You mentioned you didn't want the kit because the batteries were only 650's. when I ordered my first setup of Tritons I didn't get the kit either. I got 2 1300's because I wanted the longer battery life. I like my 1300's, but ordered a 650 a little later as a backup. Now I wish I had got the kit to begin with because the case is nice and the 650's last all day, no problem. They even sent me a 400 on accident (which they let me keep) and that thing lasts all day and is just dandy for easy pocket ability.

I guess the point I am making is that what you want/need right now might not turn out to be what you really needed in 2 months.

good luck the first time you forget to charge your battery or you mis-time how long it will actually last you. :p

Ok I just ordered a few Triton tanks to try out which come with the standard resistance head. Why do you use a lower resistance with Tribeca. I'm a Tribeca junkie myself.

Chinook

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
OR, USA

I also like to see how much I'll like all of this stuff. If I like it, I'm sure that I'll get a 2nd battery pretty soon :)

Shufflefield

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Columbus, OH, USA
Ok I just ordered a few Triton tanks to try out which come with the standard resistance head. Why do you use a lower resistance with Tribeca. I'm a Tribeca junkie myself.

It's a higher resistance. 1 step up from the standard heads. I don't know why, but I just burn Tribeca. The higher resistance seems to make the heads last a bit longer before the dreaded burnt taste returns in my Tribeca tank. To be fair, I am the only person I have seen on the threads that seems to have this issue. Go figure. =)

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
The standard resistance is 2.2-2.4. I use it with Tribeca and it works fine.

The next step up is 2.6-2.8

Halo does recommend 3.0-3.2 with the VV :blink: Personally, I'd stick with the standard, but it might not let me enjoy the full voltage range.

If you get burnt hits, it's probably because you're not keeping the wicks wet, by twirling/tipping the tank.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
It's a higher resistance. 1 step up from the standard heads. I don't know why, but I just burn Tribeca. The higher resistance seems to make the heads last a bit longer before the dreaded burnt taste returns in my Tribeca tank. To be fair, I am the only person I have seen on the threads that seems to have this issue. Go figure. =)

The lower the number the higher the resistance. And vice-versa. I have found that Tribeca is the absolute easiest on heads. Ones that I use with Tribeca seem to last longer than any others.

Shufflefield

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Columbus, OH, USA
The lower the number the higher the resistance. And vice-versa. I have found that Tribeca is the absolute easiest on heads. Ones that I use with Tribeca seem to last longer than any others.

it... it doesn't work like that. a lower ohm # means lower resistance in the circuit which allows for more current to flow. The # values are directly related, not inverse.

And again, I seem to be the only person with Tribeca issues. I realize that. increasing the resistance, for me, makes for a better Tribeca experience. I have no idea why, it's probably because I really like it and really crank down on the button for long pulls every time I hit it. =)

VaporClouds

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Bethel Island, CA
it... it doesn't work like that. a lower ohm # means lower resistance in the circuit which allows for more current to flow. The # values are directly related, not inverse.

And again, I seem to be the only person with Tribeca issues. I realize that. increasing the resistance, for me, makes for a better Tribeca experience. I have no idea why, it's probably because I really like it and really crank down on the button for long pulls every time I hit it. =)

Hey your not alone buddy, i only use 3.0 ohms @ 4.7 volts for tribecca, i dont know why but even when i use a lower resistance with the same wattage (lowered voltage) its not the same for me. Once you get the hang of things i think maybe we just develop our own preferences around our vaping styles.

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
It's a bit of a fine science.

A higher ohm coil is often (but not always) made of a finer gauge heating coil, which reduces the effective surface area, so if you push it hard, it'll leave a burnt taste. Because of its smaller mass, it doesn't hold its temperature as well, when the cool e-liquid hits it.

A lower ohm coil should be made of a larger gauge coil, giving more surface area, and hold its temperature longer.

There's a whole thread on this here somewhere. It's been suggested that 28 AWG is ideal, which I believe is the standard 2.2-2.4 ohm coil.

It has to be balanced with the feed rate of the wick.

Last edited:

Chinook

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
OR, USA
I just got my goodies! My first impression is that these are well constructed devices.

I tried the Prime 15. So far it feels like a light smoke with sweeter tones coming out at higher voltages over 3.8V. I guess I need to rest them to gain more complexity and flavor. It was enjoyable nevertheless.

Is there any harm leaving the liquids in the tank and rest the tank completely sideways?

Thanks.

Chinook

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
OR, USA
Wow, I just realized that the Triton bottom wicks in the tank coils go through a small coil! Is that the coil where the actual heating occurs? I was taking all of the wicks out to clean them! I'm not sure I'll be able to fit the wick into that small coil...

By the way, is the top wick the "flavor wick" in this case?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread