Tips to get more vapor?

Discussion in 'KR808D-1' started by AngusATAT, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. AngusATAT

AngusATAT Captain Tightpants Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I've been a 510 guy for quite a while, and recently got an adapter and some cartomizers to test out and see what everyone is talking about with these.

The flavor and the throat hit are great, but the vapor is sadly lacking, even with a refilled carto. I'd love to be able to boost the vapor production a bit. Right now, it doesn't even give me half of the vapor my 510 does.

Any tips?

Thanks.

2. the86d

the86d Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Glycerin? HV?

3. AngusATAT

Supporting member
    I've been refilling with the same juice I use in my 510, which is a 50/50 VG/PG mix. It helps, but still not even half of what my 510 can do.

I was thinking about getting some batteries for my Chuck to kick it up to 6v. Will that help a lot?

4. Lightgeoduck

Lightgeoduck Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    well with out insulting you with liquid and voltage tips hehe

you are not going to get the vapor you get from a 510 if someone says differently they didn't use a 510 properly or really haven't compared..... with that being said

with the vapor producing liquid and your chuck you definitely can compete with the 901

people may say long and slow which may help with the ecig bat... but it isn't law for a mod.....

I will let others try ,,, but I think My opinion is fact hehe... I started with cartos and still use em.... but for hella vapor and on a mod 510 will produce ahead of the race ( just comparing what you are using and the carto.... not debating on other 3pcs)

5. AngusATAT

Supporting member
    Thanks, LGD. Good info there.

I'm not expecting it to produce enough vapor to directly compete with my 510. I just want to try and get as much as I can out of it. Looks like higher voltage may be my best bet.

6. Lightgeoduck

Supporting member
    Understood

Just a FYI don't pound it hard on 6v especially since thats known to suck some juice even with a 3pc... and the caution is because the carto unlike 3pcs has the fill surrounding the element. I even have to be careful with my LGD306 carto hehehe

7. AngusATAT

Supporting member
    Hehe, I don't mind going through juice like mad. I've got a ton of it stashed away, and it's pretty cheap the way I buy it.

8. Stormynights

Stormynights Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Remove the cap and plug. drip your mix and put on a whistle tip. I don't know why this helps but just try it.

9. AngusATAT

Supporting member
    Which tips fit the best? 901?

10. Lightgeoduck

Supporting member
    801s fit around the outer tube... 501's fit but may have to shorten abit I think the 901 as well to make it proper

11. keyzygirl

keyzygirl ECF Guru ECF Veteran

In my opinion,cartomizers are about ease of use and flavor.Huge plumes of vapor just arent part of it.Thats why there are mods and HV liquid.

12. AngusATAT

Supporting member
    I just got home and tested a cartomizer on my Chuck at 7.4v. (Don't have 3.0v batts at the moment). Wow... now it competes with my 510 in the vapor department, but I can only hit it for about a second at a time. It gets very hot very fast. Flavor is still very nice, and throat hit is wonderful.

I think 6v would be perfect for me with the cartos.

Thanks for the help. :)

13. Birdy

Birdy Super Member ECF Veteran

Just be careful with them running too hot at higher volts - once the filler starts burning there's no going back, it's gotta go in the trash. Running the carto dry is the other cause of burning so I'd be careful with HV mods that go through juice faster. You have to keep them topped off and put it down when the carto gets hot.

I've had a couple of cartos burn pretty badly. I thought the cartos themselves were defective but then someone mentioned that they believed the 808 PT ran at 5v... so now I think that might be to blame.

As for vapor- I get tons of it but I'm using Ecopure, with only the smallest amount of PG. I hauled out my dusty 510 the other day for kicks and they produce the same amount of vapor, so go figure.

14. Liscab

Liscab Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I,ve tried the cartos at 4.2 volt and it doen't work to well, so I let it on 3.7 and only for travelling, it is hard to put aside a 510 once you get use to it

15. AngusATAT

Supporting member
    I'm really liking the carto at high voltage. It hits just as well as my 510, but with better flavor. It's also a nice, warm vape. A one second hit at 7.4v is like a 3 second hit on my 510.

16. Lightgeoduck

Supporting member
    Vapor, Really? That's cool, but like I said before and birdy eleabrated more articulately be careful of running the carto onHV since the element is surrounded by the fill. I mean we all know about how delecate the 3pc filled carts are at HV so I would say that the 2pc would be extra because of the filler.

I guess I would have to say IMO though.

17. AngusATAT

Supporting member
    Actually, so far so good. It's actually an awesome vape. I'm keeping my eye on it and making sure it doesn't burn. My draws are about a half a second each, letting it cool down in between. I'm using a carto I've been using for 5 days now. No sign of any burnt taste.

Using my 50/50 PG/VG juice, the vapor is wonderful.

18. Birdy

Birdy Super Member ECF Veteran

That's good to hear. I put away my PT after the terrible burning incident (which was bad) and I've been back using batteries. But maybe I'll start using it again. I really do think it was a combination of the PT and some funky blank cartos I got- never had it happen on the pre-filled ones I refilled.

I don't know how you refill but I've recently started putting a few drops in the battery end to stay topped off and frankly I'm getting better vapor and flavor that way than topping off through the other end.

19. Lightgeoduck

Supporting member
    You know Angus you got me to thinking it has been awhile since I used a carto on higher voltage.... meaning before I have been using Dk juice.... I have used walrus and TV juice but realized only on 3.7 sooooooo I filled up a carto with TV juice and gave it a whirl

now I didn't try 6v but I decided to try it on my PT that puts out 5v and I would have to say I it is impressive.... now I still think my 510 and 306 produces more vapor (dripping/dipping i have NEVER tried the 510 or 306 with carts) but I have a stronger respect for the carto now(hv & good juice)

Don't get me wrong I always loved the cartos (my first vape,,, and my easy go to selection) but you have shined some new light on the matter.

Still dont get yourself to vape it dry if you do that fill will become toast

20. AngusATAT

Supporting member
    Give it a shot at 6v. It just gets better.

I vaped it all night last night at 7.4v (really 8.2v on fresh batteries) making sure to top it off a couple of times, and it was very, very nice. All it took was a real quick hit on the button to produce a lot of vapor, and unlike the 510 at that voltage, the flavor was still good. I wouldn't advise holding the button down more than a second at this voltage, because it gets hot so fast, but you really don't need to.

I'm going to try doing this on the same cartomizer until I am stupid and don't refill it enough that it tastes burned, or until I really kill it with the voltage. So far I've been using this same carto for a week, and it is still going strong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.