Tired of knocking over your PV on the desk or table? The under $3 dollar fix!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr8Scott

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
Ifaitoldzya, Umytszlapmi
So,

I haven't seen anything commercially available that does what I am about to show you. So since this is PIF and I really enjoy y'all I will share this instead of marketing it.

The story:

I got this SID a while back. Great little PV and it's my main mod; my daily cloudmaker. I have also learned that these SIDs are amazingly tough. I have a few dings and scratches mostly from tipping it over on my desk.

Again and again. And always, it seems, when I need quiet...CRACK!

So I have been thinking about this for a while. How do I keep it from happening, just what would work.

Yeah I know, " get a mod rack or custom wood stand."

But I already have a pretty full desk, and what about when I am away from my computer? Lanyard for fatty mods.....eh, nahhh.

So I am ditty boppin around in a full service hardware store the other day and my intuition is like sending out radar pulses "Lookie here" it says and WHAM! There it is!

My discovery, this:

0-0-0.jpg

It's called a shaft collar (or set screw shaft collar) and it is AWESOME!

Its inner diameter is 1" outer is 1 5/8".

Weighs 3.5 ounces, which is the absolute perfect weight to keep a PV from flopping over. The stability this gives is unbelieveable. Not only will it not fall over on a solid flat top, the God blessed thing will sit solid on many surfaces!

It's not too heavy to vape with while attached to your mod, either.

Lookie here:

My SID before
SID-Vert_zps4d5b5e49.jpg

My SID after...

SolidShaftCollar3_zpsa7d8ee05.jpg

Side view, here you can see it's very solidly attached:

SolidShaftCollar5_zps18c2cec3.jpg

Bottom View:

SolidShaftCollar6bottom_zps211edb1f.jpg

So there it is. I am pretty stoked! I think this will work with a variety of PVs with a similar diameter.

I got my collar for under five dollars, but here's a link from Home Depot, and it's under $3 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Climax-1...d-Mild-Steel-Set-Screw-Collar-C-100/203025040

It's truly awesome, it never falls over now. Every time I used to reach across my desk it used to tip over with a "crack" now it's solid.

So, there's something to mess with. Let me know how it works on your mod. :)

Gr8

Last edited:

BusterBear

Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Washington
So I am ditty boppin around in whole foods the other day and my intuition is like sending out radar pulses "Lookie here" it says and WHAM! There it is!

My discovery, this:

potato.jpg

It's called an e-tato and it is AWESOME!

My vamo before
20130929_150330.jpg

My Vamo after...

20130929_150342.jpg

---------------------
Trollolol. :lol:

Sorry Gr8scott i couldn't help myself, i like your little rig you have there, i'm going to pick one up.

Gr8Scott

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
Ifaitoldzya, Umytszlapmi
So I am ditty boppin around in whole foods the other day and my intuition is like sending out radar pulses "Lookie here" it says and WHAM! There it is!

My discovery, this:

View attachment 256630

It's called an e-tato and it is AWESOME!

My vamo before
View attachment 256631

My Vamo after...

View attachment 256632

---------------------
Trollolol. :lol:

Sorry Gr8scott i couldn't help myself, i like your little rig you have there, i'm going to pick one up.

Hey, what can I say, I'm like Steve the crocodile hunter. 'cept with vaping instead of crocs :D.......

It's like" By Cracky!!! They got a sale on _______ (add anything vape related here)"

(And I am easily excitable at times. ask Loxmythe and BeeBopnJazz, both can give testament to that ! :w00t::laugh:

I wanna see you put that potato on the top and pulse it a 15 watts.

I figure with the propylene glycol and an Ekowool wick you could make french fries or maybe a baked "e-tato"! :p

RTYPE11

May 28, 2013
TORONTO
photo.jpg
here is my 2 minute 2 cent problem solver - its a hacked piece of 2x4" with a couple holes drilled in it and then finished with a blow torch for that special rustic arsonist look - will be available in major dept. stores in time for X-mas. retail is only 19.95 but if you act now you can get a second piece of scrap wood with holes in it for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread