Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I was thinking about trying one of the Kabuki clones and they just started making them in Ti. What does everyone think, better than SS?
Kabuki Style Sub Ohm Tank 3ml 22mm Titanium Alloy Silver Clearomizer
$21.01 Kabuki Ti Styled Tank Clearomizer - 5ml / 1.6ohm (3.3-4.2V) / titanium alloy + glass / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Does 3FVape ship from China or the US? How long does it take to get shipments?
3F ships from China. I just got a titanium Kabuki original, would be a good clone to check out I think. 3F has been faster than fasttech for me.

Reactions: Ed_C

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Any one get the 3f Ti clone yet?
I have three on the way. One for myself, and two for my cousin. At least two people on fasttech got ones with dodgy P3 threading, so we shall see if I get decent ones or not.
Edit: I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that the fasttech versions are from 3F.

Reactions: gin828

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Is this Kabuki clone only for MTL or can it be used for DL vaping with the AFC fully open?
If you take the AFC screw out, it's very airy, and suitable for DL vaping. Edit: in fact, my fiancée had me put the screw back in when she switched to a different juice, and she DL vapes.
Probably shorter and lighter than a Nautilus? Any other benefits?
Improved vapor and flavor production.

Reactions: r77r7r

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
So I got the Titanium versions in a few days ago, and after putting them through a tank or two, I'm ready to review them.

The Pros:
They are titanium, other than the 510 adapter.
The glass tanks are finished very nicely, with a nice rounded fire glaze on the edges.
Threading is nice.
Comes with replacement air flow control screw, plastic atomizer base, two replacement sets of silicone o-rings, extra drip tip, and extra replacement o-rings for the drip tip.
The blue/stainless driptip is actually pretty nice.

The Cons:
The most glaringly obvious is that on all three tanks, the P3 threading didn't work on a ProVari's P3 connection. The ProVari's P3 to 510 connector was able to screw into the Kabuki clone's 510 adapter, so I'm not sure what the issue is. I suspect they used the right threading, but didn't cut the threads deep enough.
The airflow screw hole is sloppily countersunk, and the screw is somewhat loose fitting.
The drip tip hole is very slightly oversized, which could be a pro or a con. Regular drip tips will fit, but so will the few drip tips I have that work on less than 5% of the tanks and drippers I've used over the years.
The white drip tip is roughly finished, and the o-rings have a tendency to pop out when fitting the drip tip. I can't see someone actually wanting to use that drip tip.

Final conclusion:
If this had been built as a native 510 threaded atomizer, it would be a "good buy," but since it was built as a P3 atomizer with the 510 as an afterthought, it only adds extra height to the tank for no obvious added benefit.

Bottom line, it's only worth buying for spare parts, or if you really need a 510 adapter for an existing P3 threaded authentic Kabuki.

The weight savings is not enough to offset or justify the extra height required by this atomizer over other full stainless Kabuki clones, in my opinion.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
A piece of junk in other words..
It vapes well, and is sturdy enough. The finish isn't bad. I think the threads were cut too shallowly on the p3 threading, but that isn't something I can confirm until I chase the threads with a tap and die set.

Out of the box, as it is now... It's junk. Still better than an Aspire Nautilus, though.

Anyone know what the correct set of taps and dies would be for p3 threading by chance?

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Just to see what they would do, I opened a support ticket for this issue.

This was their reply:

"We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

The supplier requires proof of defect for warranty. Would you mind provide us a video to show the problem as it seems a photo can't help in this case? And please try them again on different MOD too see if it's ok use.

Since our ticket system don't support attaching video, please upload it via a third party website first and post the link here.

Note that for company compliance reasons, please include the respective order number, while don't include any reference to FastTech.com or your contact information in the video.

After receiving your video, we will proceed to resolve the case for you soon.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know. Thank you."

I uploaded a video, which I'm not going to link to, as it just shows me attempting to screw the P3 threads of three tanks onto three different P3 threaded ProVari's. It will be interesting to see what their response is.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Nope. Haven't looked very hard. I should probably send an email to ProVape for that.

Edit: I sent an email to David at ProVape. If he gives me the run around, I can just have my machinist look at it. I'm supposed to meet with him (my machinist) this afternoon anyways.

Last edited:

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I heard back from David. P3 threading uses a custom size and pitch. No standard off the shelf tap or die will reproduce it.

My reply was:
"Interesting. Just out of curiosity, why did you guys choose to go with a custom thread and pitch for an atomizer threading you hoped would supersede the standard threading used for the 510 connection and gain universal acceptance? That seems rather short sighted."

Edit: I think it's safe to say that accurate P3 threading won't be coming out of China anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread