Titanium wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhallerman1017

Apr 15, 2015
Minnesota
Hey guys and gals,
I'm a decently experienced Vaper, with plenty to learn. I've got the appropriate batteries, etc so my question is this:
Is titanium wire useable in temp control mode? I'm curious about both Gr 1 pure Ti, and esmokeguru's 92% alloy as I have both. Is there anything special I should know (aside from oxidation) about it?

I'll add that I'm using it on my ipv4, so any useful tidbits you peeps may have come across on the device are welcome as well.

Thank you in advance!

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hey guys and gals,
I'm a decently experienced Vaper, with plenty to learn. I've got the appropriate batteries, etc so my question is this:
Is titanium wire useable in temp control mode? I'm curious about both Gr 1 pure Ti, and esmokeguru's 92% alloy as I have both. Is there anything special I should know (aside from oxidation) about it?

I'll add that I'm using it on my iPV4, so any useful tidbits you peeps may have come across on the device are welcome as well.

Thank you in advance!

I'm using 28 gauge Ti 1 on a DNA40 and a VaporFlask clone and they both handle it quite well. The YiHi board in the iPV4 is similar to both of mine in that they are all calibrated for Ni 200 so the temperature setting will be off. I find cotton starts to scorch at around a set point of 310 F when I use Ti and I typically vape Ti at between 330-370 F.

I have not used esmokeguru's Ti so I can't comment on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread