Titanium wires

Status
Not open for further replies.

steliosss

kindness always repays... be sure of that...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
Athens - Greece (GG land)
www.e-smokeguru.gr
Does ESG work in temperature mode? Sorry if this has been answered before. I believe it doesn't or at least mine (which I think is ESG) put my wick in flames at 200F.

Thx

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

That kind of Ti you're talking about, definitely ISN'T esg Ti wire,
We tested it and...

Forget flaming wires... moving wires... exploding wires and other crap you ever heard.
Me, Imeo, CaptSteve, Basilis and Babis1098, tested them and did everything we could to put them on fire, explosion etc. NOTHING HAPPENED.
No springy situations... no nothing.

One more step to healthy vaping we have here!!!

PS: Anyway imeo is still trying to make esg wire to work properly but in the end I don't believe he can handle it. IMHO.:unsure:
A TC device must give us precise measurements otherwise it's not a "healthy" TC device!!!

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
That kind of Ti you're talking about, definitely ISN'T esg Ti wire,
We tested it and...

PS: Anyway imeo is still trying to make esg wire to work properly but in the end I don't believe he can handle it. IMHO.:unsure:
A TC device must give us precise measurements otherwise it's not a "healthy" TC device!!!

I don't think I have to say anything after reading this, do I?

Regards
Tony

steliosss

kindness always repays... be sure of that...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
Athens - Greece (GG land)
www.e-smokeguru.gr
Only GG TI GR1 works fine, with VIR.

That's right Froy... but we'll see if imeo can make ESG Ti alloy also works accurately

I don't think I have to say anything after reading this, do I?

Regards
Tony

ESG Ti wires are an alloy and not pure Ti G1.
Did I said something wrong?

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
ESG Ti wires are an alloy and not pure Ti G1.
Did I said something wrong?

Well, the part I find mildly confusing is how you can know I don't have ESG if I have confirmed with the vendor it's ESG and it doesn't work properly with temperature control.?

Yet two lines lower you do confirm ESG has problems with temperature control.

Regarding burning cotton... Every single resistance wire known to man will put dry cotton in flames if heated enough. Why should be ESG any different?

Heat without control + Virgin dry cotton = cotton burning.

I don't think there is a need jumping up stating this and that... Every wire will make this without temperature control and ESG is no exception.

I don't know if you thought I was attacking the wire, which I'm not. I just wanted to confirm that it doesn't work properly with temperature control. That's all :)

Regards
Tony

billypapa

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2011
Greece
www.e-smokeguru.gr
All metals used for coils will form a an oxide layer. This is what protects the underlying metal from further oxidation. The question is, does the oxide layer adhere strongly to the underlying metal and stay put, or does it end up in the vapor stream? One way way to make some indirect judgements about this is to use a coil for a long period of time and observe whether its resistance increases. If it increases, that's probably a sign that metal from the coil is turning into oxides, which in turn indicates that the original oxide layer isn't staying in place on the coil, protecting the underlying metal. However, if the resistance of the coil remains the same over long periods of use, I take that as an indication that the protective oxide layer is stable and not going anywhere. And that's precisely my experience with Grade 1 Titanium on a DNA40 -- the resistance of a coil is very stable over several months and several hundred milliliters of juice.

Hi Rossum,
you say : However, if the resistance of the coil remains the same over long periods of use, I take that as an indication that the protective oxide layer is stable and not going anywhere.

And i agree with this but dont forget to clean the wire because after some ml of juice the resistance will change because of residues.
This happens mostly if our juice have flavor.
And i dont mean to clean it with dry burning, i mean cleaning the wire with water for injection or with mild soap.

billypapa

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2011
Greece
www.e-smokeguru.gr
Does ESG work in temperature mode? Sorry if this has been answered before. I believe it doesn't or at least mine (which I think is ESG) put my wick in flames at 200F.

Thx

Regards
Tony

Hi Tony,
i dont think ESG Titanium works with DNA 40 correct in temperature mode because the DNA 40 works with NI200 nickel in temperature mode.
Thats whats the maker of DNA said if i remember.

billypapa

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2011
Greece
www.e-smokeguru.gr
The main point is that we get the best wires for our needs.
TI1 for exapmple is perfect for VIR because Imeo have made the whole project based on TI1.
DNA40 with NI200 and i think the new sx350 chip too.

I think the best is if we are waiting for the VIR to see how its works and everybody will decide which is the best solution for each of us :)

Of course until ESG comes with the next generation of Magic wires and then you have no other option :D:D:D

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
The main point is that we get the best wires for our needs.
TI1 for exapmple is perfect for VIR because Imeo have made the whole project based on TI1.
DNA40 with NI200 and i think the new sx350 chip too.
DNA40 works well with Grade 1 Titanium as well. Of course it is not "calibrated" for Ti, but we can compensate for this by setting a lower temperature, and the result is a very good vape with a long-lasting coil and wick.

I think the best is if we are waiting for the VIR to see how its works and everybody will decide which is the best solution for each of us
Until VIR is available in a bottom-feeding mod, or is available in a form that can be put in a bottom-feeding mod, I'm afraid it will never be the best solution for some of us. ;)

And i agree with this but dont forget to clean the wire because after some ml of juice the resistance will change because of residues.
This happens mostly if our juice have flavor.
And i dont mean to clean it with dry burning, i mean cleaning the wire with water for injection or with mild soap.
Using rayon wick and a relatively clean, lightly flavored juice, I can vap close to 100 ml before it feels like my TI coil needs cleaning. I use a wet pipe cleaner. I do fire the mod to heat the coil, but temperature limiting prevents any real burning and the wet pipe cleaner tends to keeps temperatures even lower, while the actively sizzling water has a pretty good cleaning effect.

Reactions: Katya

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
limpador de cachimbo?

creatures_476x290.jpg

:)

Last edited:

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I use a wet pipe cleaner. I do fire the mod to heat the coil, but temperature limiting prevents any real burning and the wet pipe cleaner tends to keeps temperatures even lower, while the actively sizzling water has a pretty good cleaning effect.

Rossum, great idea. For the first time in over a year I have to stop back into my local smoke shop.

For some pipe cleaners.

creatures_476x290.jpg

Those look prior to use cleaning up the Ti.

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
I did my first titanium wire coil tonight.

Grade 1.
24 gauge
2.5 mm ID
5/6 wrap
0.14 Ω

Temp set at 390 ℉
28 watts

Taifun GT 2.

It is a very sturdy coil. Easy to mount and wick. It is performing perfectly. Resistence is holding steady. It is reaching set temp but not ever going into TP. Vapor is thick and moist. Flavor is exceptional. Very clean.

FogNL

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2013
Amsterdam
I just re-read about 85% of this entire thread again but... Is there any real research data confirming - or supporting at least - the various claims about the health aspects of wire materials?

I mean research done using the wires for actual vaping. Not adding and/or subtracting characteristics from these materials in other use or that occur way outside the scope of vaping. Or even worse, that 'seem' logical so they must be true.
Research including detailed analysis of the vapor content produced with the wires under various conditions etc...

I'd really like to read the results. And how that research is done and by who. I'm sure it's there but I guess I've read past it or missed a link?

Last edited:

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
I just re-read about 85% of this entire thread again but... Is there any real research data confirming - or supporting at least - the various claims about the health aspects of wire materials?

I mean research done using the wires for actual vaping. Not adding and/or subtracting characteristics from these materials in other use or that occur way outside the scope of vaping. Or even worse, that 'seem' logical so they must be true.
Research including detailed analysis of the vapor content produced with the wires under various conditions etc...

I'd really like to read the results. And how that research is done and by who. I'm sure it's there but I guess I've read past it or missed a link?
I think Dr. Farselinos (is that spelled right?) had several proposed studies but due to lack of funding can't do them all at once. One of those studies included testing different types of coil materials I believe. I might be wrong but I think he mentioned that that study would take around 10k to be made.

Regards
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread