Titanium wires

Status
Not open for further replies.

FogNL

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2013
Amsterdam

Thank you Exceller, I know that article. Stealth vape is an excellent company. This article contains a number of interesting observations, quotes and opinions/views, including from Dr. Farsalinos. And they correctly state it's just that. They do not claim to have all the wisdom, don't drop unproven/unsupported statements etc. Very good (many others could learn from this).

The information is mainly about Ti oxidation and Ti Dioxide, the later is used in some liquids but both are closely related to the use of Ti wires for coils.

While this is also not a conclusive article or research by any means, it's a must read nonetheless imo.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
guys, about wires. You already know that titanium is the only biocompatible material, suitable to vaping-mods. Its healthy because of all the researches they are done the past years. And its suitable for mods-atomizers because it has big resistance. The rest of wires are not exactly what we want to vape.

About temperature. Ti 1 resist as the rest of the wires when we keep temp in VAPING levels. it resist on temp when we dont dry burn it.

There is no wire that can resist in "hot red" temperatures, thats why I am screaming for years to stop doing this. But I still see videos with people burning wires.

BTHUNDER

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
Scheiblingkirchen, AUSTRIA
guys, about wires. You already know that titanium is the only biocompatible material, suitable to vaping-mods. Its healthy because of all the researches they are done the past years. And its suitable for mods-atomizers because it has big resistance. The rest of wires are not exactly what we want to vape.

About temperature. Ti 1 resist as the rest of the wires when we keep temp in VAPING levels. it resist on temp when we dont dry burn it.

There is no wire that can resist in "hot red" temperatures, thats why I am screaming for years to stop doing this. But I still see videos with people burning wires.

uuuups ... THANK YOU for educating IMEO ... funny but recently I have been doing only regular coils :) :) :) after your gentle wink !!!

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
Do you remember how many times and for how long Imeo told us to not let the coils to get red hot / glow and that the dry burning was not a good practice?

I think he was the first one in worrying about that and about the oxidation of ss mesh for the Genesis atomizers.

Finally the vaping community is showing more concern about that:

The end of microcoils? | E-Cigarette Forum

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
lol, that has fun Ariel. And its not the first time that this is happening. Do you remember when I was saying that plated surfaces will get ruined soon and contact will be bad? Or when I was saying that plated contacts reduce electricity? Or when I was screaming about bio-compatibility of titanium wires and the danger of using other wires especially nickel? Or about side venting holes etc? I made a thread about myths and truth that some people want to hide for their own reasons. Its here for 2 years now:

Time for some real knowledge | E-Cigarette Forum

And people still use other wires. And reviewers still burn wires. And "manufacturers" still make nickel alloys for their mods lol

Also, about wires in general and dry burn of metals. Esmokeguru had always fun of me when he was seeing me writing all the time on forums: "dont burn the wires". Now listen Dr Farsalinos speaking:

00:00 Welcome
02:03 Formaldehyde Study
17:48 Temperature Study
22:28 Sweeteners
26:00 Toxic Aldehydes
28:23 Ethics
28:52 Flavouring
33:37 Formaldehyde prevalence
36:11 Negative studies in the media
40:29 Plastic tanks and bottles
43:22 Titanium wire & Overheating coils
49:35 Organic e-liquids
51:34 Nickel wire
54:17 Vitamins in e-liquid
56:15 Safety of PG & Additives
59:11 Cigalikes
01:02:10 Politics
01:04:31 Diacetyl
01:09:27 EU Reclassification of Nicotine

AdamAnd

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Ajax, Canada
I really like all the information this great for everyone The question that many asked was how not to get hot spots. I have not heated or torched a coil in a long time but cleaning the wire whatever type I think will help a lot. Just think how dirty the wire we use is. Just a thought. And who wants a dirty wire lol

Reactions: imeothanasis

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
You only get hot spots if you make contact coils.

The problem as I see it that the people promoting and providing e-cigarettes to people are not aware of the fact that they should not be torching wires or that titanium is the safest option. Reviewers don't these things, and people selling them don't know these things. I was at a vape shop yesterday in London, one of the sellers there didn't even know that you could vape with Titanium and he was a regular at vape-jams and was using a temperature controlled mod.

Last edited:

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Yep, soulseek. The guy at my local vape shop said that vaping with Titanium wire 'seems kinda sketchy.'

I think he only said this because he doesn't have info about it. This shop also rebuilds coils for customers who can't (or don't know how to) do it themselves. And they were burning other people's gunked up coils red hot with no proper ventilation and with the doors closed. It smelled so bad I had to get out of there.

I only go in there every few months....if that. And the same guy remembered me. I asked him how he remembered me and he said it's because I use a GG and he doesn't know very many people who own a GG.

Reactions: imeothanasis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread