Status
Not open for further replies.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
The inventor of microcoils never talked about stuck coils but only closed coils Sad. And he never said anything about burning wires. But as he said, youtube boys did what they did lol
Yes microcoil meant coils with diameter between 1.3 and 1.65mm.

What Sad is referring to is now called contact coils. For me they are still the best performing coils ;)

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
yes, I know aal. I am referring to contact coil too as you and Sad. Bad thought for several reasons. Anyway, it seems that everyone does what he thinks. Thats ok with me. But you already know my opinion :)
I know and respect it. A lot of people think like you and it's not wrong :)

Reactions: imeothanasis

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
maybe tc is asking why titanium contact coils will give very low resistance.

Yaya, Titanium has lower resistance than SS, but you can make more threads on a contact coil to archive the same result. But same is happening with no contact coils, so there is no real difference :)

Yaya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
Kolimbari, Chania, Crete

Yaya, Titanium has lower resistance than SS, but you can make more threads on a contact coil to archive the same result. But same is happening with no contact coils, so there is no real difference :)
Thank you agapite :wub:.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Why what tchavei? That is such a vague question that could apply to anything.
I don't think it's vague...

"contact Ti coils will be sub sub ohm "

I ask why? A 7 wrap ti coil is around 0.4 ohm... Is that considered 'sub sub ohm'? Nickel has half the resistance of Ti so is nickel" sub sub sub sub ohm"?

Yes. Ti has lower resistance than kanthal but higher than nickel so I don't think ti is such a sub sub ohm material when compared to others.

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

Fernand

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Californeea
FWIW, I'm not a placebo responder, nor allergic to anything but heavy pollen/dust.

Just wanted to report that after using Kanthal A1 wire with no issues for years,
not quite as clear as mountain air, but no significant obstruction or tightness, I
tried Tempered Nickel 200 wire for TC, and after a couple of weeks I developed
irritation/pain in the chest that got me to the ER, worried about a possible cardiac
problem. That was negative, thankfully. And no "allergic" symptoms either, no
rash, no swelling. But there are cases of systemic allergic reactions, so who knows.

Since yesterday I've been trying 2 kinds of Grade 1 (allegedly) Titanium wire,
all these wires BTW are around 26-28 AWG, and I feel like the heaviness in
the chest I was feeling with Nickel is not there with Titanium. I'm going to drop
NIckel entirely for now.

No idea what's going on. I'm just reporting a personal experience.
It feels real enough for me to avoid vaping Nickel. If you feel tight in the
chest with Nickel, try Titanium, and decide. YMMV.

I was never very happy with the old nichrome atomizers, for many reasons,
but had nothing to compare to back then.

Last edited:
I used Titanium grade 2 from ESG. I have a mixed opinion; sometimes they work well, sometimes not. That's why I was hesitant about ordering Titanium grade I wire. The big problem is cleaning the coil. It is supposed not to burn it in order to remove the gunk. Then, how to clean them?! Please don't tell me "with a tooth brush"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread