Status
Not open for further replies.

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
Just started DIY'ing and testing my base. When I titrate, I can see the blue, blue-green, green, and green-yellow stages, but instead of the liquid turning suddenly yellow when adding a single drop at a time and swishing, it seems to suddenly turn clear.

1 - Am I doing something wrong?
2 - Should I use more indicator?
3 - Since it turns clear suddenly (within a drop or two), are the results based on the sudden change basically an accurate enough reading for the nic content?

Thanks in advance

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
Thanks r7. I watched a few of those and in the videos, the liquid turns yellow. However, when I do it, it turns from yellow-green to suddenly clear. Maybe I'm not using enought bromothymol blue or something. I use 6 drops. Don't know what I'm doing wrong as it happens within a drop or two. Never yellow, just suddenly clear.

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
Thanks again. I read some more, and it seems that since the change to clear happens within a couple of drops, the pH has also suddenly dropped, so maybe my reading of the nic level is at least close. Just wish I could be sure.

Maybe I'll add more blue the next time and see if that will give me a yellow stage.

Reactions: r77r7r
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread