Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
Have you aren the charging board ? It's bigger than a dna40 board. Besides the room it takes up those things only charge at like 1ma or 0.5ma so forget that.
the sx350j charging board is for sure, ive got em theres no way i would use them, besides the size they are stupid low, im pretty sure im right, the mini is 1Ma and the micro is half that, thats why smart guys use the older, larger mini because its twice as fast, could be the othre way around mini not micro, still half or a quarter as fast as a standaloe charger would charge. i think my luc charger goes down to 0.5 , and up to 2 mA for 26650's, but i still run it at 2 for 18650's if im in a hurry. prolly take 5+ hours to charge a 18650

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
Have you aren the charging board ? It's bigger than a dna40 board. Besides the room it takes up those things only charge at like 1ma or 0.5ma so forget that.
Well most USB is 500mA (0.5A). The the standard rating. Anything higher is special purpose stuff.

But, I wouldn't charge via a USB board. Too many issues with them. I'd rather use a good, known charger.

That's my biggest dislike of the current Lipo setups. I just don't trust the cheap charge circuits they tend use.

Last edited:

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
4a6a80bb6cff6fde4b36bb8930e0c20a.jpg
e97c2e970a02edce4954af48f7530949.jpg

This is the j board, it's huge, 17mm thick as well... (an 18650 is 18mm)

Reactions: JeremyR

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
i charge it on a real lipo charger. the biggest problem with that is you gotta buy another charger.

What's another charger in the grand scheme?

I have a dozen different NiCd/NiMH chargers collected over the years as technology improved.
A really nice one that does AAA-D + 9V, but isn't suitable for modern, high capacity, ... NiMH.
Another for NiMH RC packs, but only the 2 form factors that Radio Shack used at the time.

I really need to just bite the bullet ($$$) and get a good hobby charger than can do it all.

Reactions: Nautilusfan

Hemptation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
Ridgeland,MS
Lol. Told ya Tom. Now you really Have your hands full. All these preorders. Just no way to say this mod
Isn't going to be the best regulated squonking device made I call horse crap. Your mod should be the standard of any custom. Other than fancy wood work. And I don't know about yall. But I don't have time to baby a mod

Hemptation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
Ridgeland,MS
e850c804629690f9eed4a2e26296915e.jpg

And btw. I got my Star Wars special edition cloud caps for my Science of Vaping 5k RDA. They are bottom fed. And generally one of the only attys I personally use. Due to the center post design. Really amazing.

Just thought I would share. Hope everyone is have if a great day

Reactions: jhhollier

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I originally wanted a wooden squonker but the more I think about it the less I want one. The W7 by Sunbox and the Svapiamo SX350s look amazing but the upkeep would probably annoy me to no end. Plus I can't get them in green. My goal is to have all my mods be green or at least have a green wrap on them.

Reactions: Hemptation

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
That's exactly it my brother, I'm not saying that wood sucks...but common, it's wood..
This regulated mod has done nothing but impress me. Everyone knows that I'm a mech guy but not only does it put out enough power to keep me happy, it's got these cool presets that I really dig and of course it's going to squonk and drain just as well as my other mods. It's going to be as tough as it gets the chip will be completely sealed up so it should be as bullet proof as you can possibly get. I probably won't be showering with the regulated mod, like I do everyday with my mech feeders, but if anything with a board inside is going to be ok with that kind of , or any kind of abuse, it's going to be mine.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
Man I'm beat! I haven't been so busy in a long time. I've gotten hundreds of emails regarding this new mod, a lot from the dual 26660 mod... in top of the normal emails regarding the mechs. I've had two or three mills going non stop for two months now, which has allowed me to stockpile a lot of half done mech mods, I'm happy about that but man its been a lot of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread