Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
Hahah, yup thats the first revision of the dna200 lipo mod. It's bigger than this new one. It's actually not like it's BIG, it's not bad at all, but I did manage to get it smaller so that's what in going to go with. Here's what that one looks like, it uses lipo or dual 18650s as well, but the new one will be smaller.

dacf52ffc25683c629f93458e7e3f08e.jpg
e7a9986c3895c85a2ab1fe2f50f30253.jpg
d75187b69b510519d14ed512a48aebe3.jpg
1a2b9912a20efb7e3c241ea9067d2c8a.jpg

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
Tom,

When do you think the new DNA 200 mods will be ready for purchase? Also, is there a waiting list out there that I could be placed on? I'm very interested in getting one!
Shoot me an email and I'll put you in the list for the first batch.

Tmodcustoms@gmail.com

I have a spot it two left for the first batch. I'm not sure about how long, I axiom have a few sx mods that in wiring on at the moment so I won't be able to finish it up this week.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kaezziel

rudedog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2014
toledo ohio
got the steamcrave squonker gutted and dna200 faceplate installed....waiting on the chip and lipo.cant get here quick enuf!its not delrin but im tryin anyways.took 4 hours with a dremmel and files to get it this far.hope the wiring is as easy as they say.

IMG_20160418_175638.jpg

Hyzer88

Nov 24, 2015
Shoot me an email and I'll put you in the list for the first batch.

Tmodcustoms@gmail.com

I have a spot it two left for the first batch. I'm not sure about how long, I axiom have a few sx mods that in wiring on at the moment so I won't be able to finish it up this week.

Email sent.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
I see said the blind-man j/k, trying to keep it lively here... guess everyone's busy with Tax Deadline stuff... :-x

When i think i'll get money back, i do my taxes as soon as i get my hands on the paperwork from work. If i think i owe the IRS money, i drag it out till the last possible minute!

T

rudedog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2014
toledo ohio
man im having a heck of a time soldiering the dna 200 chip.if i had any hair id have pulled it out by now.flux...check wires tinned...check...tip of iron cleaned...check.i guess i need to leave the iron on the square on the dna200 a bit longer,just afraid of melting the other soldier on the chip...sheesh what a drag this has been.could hogged out 2 other steamcrave boxes as long as this has taken me!1 more try with the new pencil type soldiering iron and not the gun type.

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
man im having a heck of a time soldiering the dna 200 chip.if i had any hair id have pulled it out by now.flux...check wires tinned...check...tip of iron cleaned...check.i guess i need to leave the iron on the square on the dna200 a bit longer,just afraid of melting the other soldier on the chip...sheesh what a drag this has been.could hogged out 2 other steamcrave boxes as long as this has taken me!1 more try with the new pencil type soldiering iron and not the gun type.

Any particular pad?
Large ground planes can be a pain (GND and B-)
You need a big tip to transfer enough heat.

I always just heat the pad on one edge until the flux core solder flows on the far edge of the pad.

rudedog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2014
toledo ohio
Any particular pad?
Large ground planes can be a pain (GND and B-)
You need a big tip to transfer enough heat.

I always just heat the pad on one edge until the flux core solder flows on the far edge of the pad.

every one of them.i mean how long do you have to leave the iron on the board?i took it to a professional and he cant get it to take either.he was like idk whats up with this ive never had a board not take soldier.GRD and the out pad and B- and B+,the lil white battery connector is getting a lil discolored from all the heat ive put to it.this just sux for sure!

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
every one of them.i mean how long do you have to leave the iron on the board?i took it to a professional and he cant get it to take either.

Wow. I have seen stuff like that with chrome plating but never on a PCB like the DNA.
Any similar reports on the DNA200 forum?

You can try an abrasive on the pads to get through what ever is coating them.

Should be copper under the plating. You can scratch the corner of a pad to be sure. Then just rough the surface up, or sand down to the copper. A Dremel sanding drum would work well. Just keep a light touch so you don't sand too deep.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
I like to build a gig to hold the board, or hold it in a clamp, and hold the wire with something, in place, and that's one less thing to deal with, you definitely don't want to hear up the board a lot, just work on getting soldier to stick to the board first, then do the wire then connect then together.

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
Tbev, he should have no difficulty with the 2 positive connections, even with a low power iron. And all the guns I've ever seen would not be low power (100W+).

And a supposed professional couldn't either? Granted I question the "professional" aspect then. Any "professional" I know would have a plenty of power available.

Sure a 5-10W iron would be difficult to use for this, but I've easily worked bigger ground planes with 50W iron.

So I have to assume something else at issue.

rudedog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2014
toledo ohio
Tbev, he should have no difficulty with the 2 positive connections, even with a low power iron. And all the guns I've ever seen would not be low power (100W+).

And a supposed professional couldn't either? Granted I question the "professional" aspect then. Any "professional" I know would have a plenty of power available.

Sure a 5-10W iron would be difficult to use for this, but I've easily worked bigger ground planes with 50W iron.

So I have to assume something else at issue.

well when o took to "pro"#2 he had a adjustable temp iron and set it around 400 degree's,also used liquid flux and had no problem with it.the other "pro" didnt have that kind of iron or flux.i have no problem admitting i didnt and dont know what im doing when soldering a chip.ive done wires and watched LOADS of vids and thought for sure i could do this.i was wrong,frustrated doesnt even begin to explain how fed up i was...lol.

BUT when i couldnt get it to stick i got kinda leary with how long i should leave the iron on the board.i obviously didnt hurt it cuz it fired right up and works great.next one i wanna try it like you said..i think.put the iron on the edge and wait til the flux/soldier starts to move/melt then put the tinned wire down.thanks again for everyone helpin me out and givin me tips to keep me going.L8TR all ya'll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread