[CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

skillzizzo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2015
west lebanon nh
Whats the tbev community think about doing tmod raffles. Just popped into my head as an idea. I have no problem doing 20 dollar raffle tickets or something like that is plenty of followers in here to make it a possibility take a chance on the best mods around for a bargain price and be kinda fun as well.

sqonker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2015
Whats the tbev community think about doing tmod raffles. Just popped into my head as an idea. I have no problem doing 20 dollar raffle tickets or something like that is plenty of followers in here to make it a possibility take a chance on the best mods around for a bargain price and be kinda fun as well.
I'm down

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kaezziel

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Thanks for all the kind words everyone! That's why this is the best community there is!
I can do the engraving anyway you'd like, lid of different bits leave different thicknesses and styles; deep sharp ones that come to a point leave a V shaped groove, round, ball shaped ones leave a nice U shaped groove, etc. . It ask really depends on what the engraving is and how you'd like it. I went thru about ten different types of crazy epoxy and I finally found one that would hold anything and I can dye it any color you want. I do that then sand it all back down, basically refinish the mod just like if it wasn't there, and it comes out perfectly smooth. I haven't checked to make sure it's actually bulletproof, but I'd bet it is. I'm glad to hear your enjoying it, I really an happy with his it turned out, I think it's a super cool option. I'm gonna do stars and swirls in different colors, possibilities are endless.

That's how I figured that you'd done it. I used to do a lot of fabrication when I worked in aviation, so the concepts are pretty much the same with a lot of things. And whatever epoxy you ended up going with is definitely good. Very hard, and seems to have bonded very well with the aluminum. I'd rather not test the bulletproof theory, but I wouldn't be surprised for a second if it held up to a shotgun blast or two.

It would be pretty cool if you engraved your logo (and maybe serial numbers?) on the bottom of the mods, and then epoxy filled them. Just a thought... :)

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
For the ~18 months or so I've been using my T-Mods, I had to replace one bottle that split in the Green 18650, and the whole hose/bottle assembly in the Black Micro which leaked like the Titanic.

I believe the caps with the metal tips are what Tom uses, don't know the bit size, try going slightly smaller than the hose, lube the hose with some PG and twist it in. If you need to ream it bigger, I'd recommend using a small round file, go slowly.

Drillerrt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2015
image.jpeg
My Tmod family.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
Looking good @Drillerrt!

I used to use the needle bottke caps, you can drill it with a 0.182in bit, I'll check and confirm that tomorrow actually. ..don't quote me yet, you wanna get it right. Shoot me an email, I make my own bottle caps now, they are much better, delrin, last forever, never leak. The bottles are the 10ml needle bottle bottles btw.
I'm down for a waffle or something along those lines, looks like there's almost enough action in here again haha. I'll have to start posting more pics and stuff I guess huh..

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Nope, I just still out the Italan bottle caps so they take a bigger hose. I find that the little hose leaks a lot, but if you put the bigger hose in it has a thick enough sidewall to prevent leaving.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
They the American tubing.... No leak, no creep, no weep. Slightly larger od, slightly larger Id.

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
You wanna drill out that cap, be careful, ss can be tough to drill. LMK if you need some hose.
I was planning on filing the caps a little at a time, it's a bit slower but less prone to disfiguring them. I'll be going through my boxes of parts Sunday night, I appreciate the offer and may take you up on it.

rudedog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2014
toledo ohio
I was planning on filing the caps a little at a time, it's a bit slower but less prone to disfiguring them. I'll be going through my boxes of parts Sunday night, I appreciate the offer and may take you up on it.

just make sure to have a piece of leather to hold your cap with and the set of channel lox i used worked great to hold it...really scratches the SS on the cap if ya dont have something on the jaws of the pliers...my experience anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread