To kick or not to kick...

Discussion in 'Silver Bullet' started by mwdenko, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mwdenko

mwdenko ReOdin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I love my new SB. My atty's are at about 2.2 ohm. I'm not quite getting the most out of them at 3.7. Is there an atty at a lower resistance that anyone would reccomend? Or should I go kicked and be done with it?

Thanks in advance!

2. eHuman

eHuman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Your 2.2Ω atty will produce 7.6 watts on a full charge and only 6.2 watts once voltage drops to 3.7v.
    If you can find a 1.8Ω atty then you will produce 9.3 watts on a full charge and the same 7.6 watts (that you appear to enjoy) once voltage drops to 3.7v. (This is the least expensive route to dial in your sweet spot)

Because of your chosen wattage range, I would recommend a Kick. You can dial in a set-point anywhere between 5 and 10 watts and it won't matter what Ω atty you put on it (you won't be limited to a crappy brand that has the "right" ohms). You will get the same performance from the time you put a fully charged battery on, until it cuts off and needs charging.

3. mwdenko

Supporting member
    Thanks for the insight! I appreciate it!

4. KalThaxx

KalThaxx Senior Member ECF Veteran

I think your set up would perfect for a kick. I used one and like it a lot.

5. RPadTV

RPadTV Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I definitely suggest the Kick. It gives you a ton more flexibility and some protection as well.

6. cskent

cskent Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I've had my SB for almost 2 years now. I bought it long before the Kick was available so I've had to learn how to match atty resistance to voltage to get what I consider the perfect vape. I've been using 1.5 ohm 510 atty's, and 1.7 ohm 901's with an adapter on my SB for a long time and see no need to Kick it. I'm running at over 10 watts with this setup so I get a pretty strong vape. I buy my atty's in bulk here,

Vapor Kings Bulk 901 1.7 ohm LR Atty 10 pack

Vapor Kings Bulk 510 1.5 ohm LR Atty 10 pack

7. MaDeuce

MaDeuce Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Kick and be done. It can't hurt to have one.

Then you can tell me how it works because I'm thinking of getting one for my Touchwood. :p

8. mwdenko

Supporting member
    Thanks!

Next time I'm near a Altsmoke I'll pick one up!

Probably pick up some low resistance as well!

9. RPadTV

RPadTV Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

There are still reasons to use a Kick. Protection is the obvious one. Atomizer resistances can also be inconsistent and dip over time. The Kick compensates for that.

10. cskent

cskent Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I've found that the atty's I get from Vapor Kings are pretty consistent. Occassionally one will meter out around 1.9 to 2.0 ohms and then I'll just stick it on my VV boxmod to get some use out of it. One of the primary reasons to use an SB, at least in my opinion, is simplicity. It's a basic rig that simply works like it should each and every time I push the button. I'm not about to change my setup, afterall it's kept me away from tobacco for a long time now so why mess with success. Others may disagree, but to each their own.

11. tnt56

tnt56 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

KICK IT!!!!!! I got an extension sleeve so I could run the 18650's and never looked back. Best of both worlds.

12. DrOckW

DrOckW Super Member ECF Veteran

I second that, get the kick and the extension. Or get some 18500's either way, kick it. You will be amazed.

I have 3 kicks and two mods from Alt. Win all around.

13. mwdenko

Supporting member
    Got my Kick on Friday night when I was in Columbus. All I can say is this is what I was looking for!

Thanks all!

14. eHuman

eHuman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Awesome. I got two kicks in two weeks ago, waiting on two k100s from a co-op.

15. TattooedSkin

TattooedSkin Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have an bullet and I have been on the fence about about purchasing a kick. The kick is $50.on average and I haven't heard of them lasting much longer than a month or two and if the stories I hear are true I wouldn't consider that getting my money's worth. So has a kick and are these stories true?

16. tj99959

tj99959 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

My Kick is about a year old (1st production run). Put the kick in an extension sleeve and then you don't have to mess with it every time you swap out batteries.
    I use my kick if I'm going to use a carto tank (3 ohm), and my SB without the kick if I'm going to use a dripper (1.5 ohm). BUT, the kick never leaves the extension sleeve. If I'm not using the kick, I just store it in the sleeve.

17. nelsonm64

nelsonm64 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

i just bought a bolt and put a kick in it because i can't vape without variable power now after using other vw mods ;) love it! sure hope it lasts longer than a month though haha... only thing i DON'T like about it is that if you leave the battery in while its idle it seems to slowly drain it, thats a bummer.

: altsmoke
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.