Tobacco Absolute - A Flavor All By Itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
Most people use tobacco Absolute as an additive, but I find the taste great all by itself - a very smooth mild tobacco flavor with no other additives attempting to mimic the tobacco taste. There are several variants of the stuff, but I find the Bulgarian Rustica the best. It comes in either a super concentrated version like a paste, or diluted 50% in pure grain alcohol. Both versions are super potent. You will have to dilute them further in pg, and treat THAT as a concentrated flavor to be used at 2-3%. Do NOT use the super concentrated by itself or you will be sorry :(

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
Good to know.I recently got some of the thick straight stuff to use as a mixer,it definitely has a tobacco'ish smell to it,but i never thought to try a mix with it as the only flavor,i may give it a shot.

I tried a different version from Wizard Labs last year and didn't like it that much. They got it from TFA - since discontinued. I am told the best variety is called "nicotina rustica"

ubergeek922

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2013
Cincinnati
Mine is from ECX as well. Something is wrong. Are you steeping it? I steeped mine for 3 weeks. 4 drops in 10 ml and used 3% of that dilution in my mix. I am getting plenty of flavor after steeping it.

You put 4 drops in 10ml of PG and let that steep for 3 weeks? Or did you add the 4 drops, shake, then use that right away and let the final mix steep for 3 weeks?

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
You put 4 drops in 10ml of PG and let that steep for 3 weeks? Or did you add the 4 drops, shake, then use that right away and let the final mix steep for 3 weeks?

It is best if you first mix the final product and let it steep. Test in 10 days to see the progress.

PS. Just to be clear, do not vape the one that contains 4 drops in 10ml. That is your concentrate !!

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
this is a great Nicotiana rustica TA pipe like with just a slight sweetness.

TOBACCO ABSOLUTE: Samara Botane Aromatic Apothecary

Do you detect any difference between this one and tobacco absolute Virginia variety? Haven't tried that one yet.
Also, I noticed some vendors sell the thinned down version with a bit of Ethyl Maltol added to the mix. I doubt if the Smara variety has any EM inside.

Last edited:

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Back in my days of chasing synthetic tobacco flavors, I tried dozens of different flavors including the tobacco absolutes that were available at the time. For me, the best - by far - was Inawera's Virginia tobacco absolute. Tobacco Absolute Virginia WG-INW - Bull City Vapor I still have a bottle in my collection even though once I discovered NET I abandoned synthetics and absolutes entirely.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Heh, dannyv45 revealing the SB...does a body good.

It's a mighty fine TA. In fact you were the one that recommended to make a 10% concentrate with it. Best advice ever given. Forget this 1 - 2 drop in 10ml BS. I mean if your going to use it use enough to choke a horse. 1 - 2 drops of a 10% solution in 10mls juice will curl your whiskers and have you singing the star spangled banner backwards , It's that good:)

Last edited:

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
It's a mighty fine TA. In fact you were the one that recommended to make a 10% concentrate with it. Best advice ever given. Forget this 1 - 2 drop in 10ml BS. I mean if your going to use it use enough to choke a horse. 1 - 2 drops of a 10% solution in 10mls juice will curl your whiskers and have you singing the star spangled banner backwards , It's that good:)

I had it in the cart earlier but backed out on the $5.25 shipping. But are you saying mix the 3ml with 27ml base then use that at 1 to 2 drops per 10 ml base? If so that's not a bad price plus probably not bad on coils either at that dilution.

Edit: Oops. That's two ml for $9.00, not 3.

Last edited:

piggy

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2013
New York
I use the 50% dilute from ecigexpress. Straight up 4 bottle drops in a 10ml pg/vg dilution is awesome. In the first week you get this really nice fresh tea leaf and toasty caramel tobacco flavor. After a week it taste much more mature with only slight aftertaste of those flavors. I never let steep since I enjoy the natural flavors exhibited throughout the age spectrum.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
Thank you for simple mixing instructions!

I use the 50% dilute from ecigexpress. Straight up 4 bottle drops in a 10ml pg/vg dilution is awesome. In the first week you get this really nice fresh tea leaf and toasty caramel tobacco flavor. After a week it taste much more mature with only slight aftertaste of those flavors. I never let steep since I enjoy the natural flavors exhibited throughout the age spectrum.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
I use the 50% dilute from ecigexpress. Straight up 4 bottle drops in a 10ml pg/vg dilution is awesome.

Hmmm... Don't know if I have the guts to try your particular concentration but I am tempted to try. I know taste buds are different, but have you tried using only 3% of the above dilution? I personally get a nice pleasant vape out of it.

Edit: I just tried my 3% solution again and noticed a substantial decrease in flavor from last week. It's never happened so fast in any of my other flavors. Well, back to the drawing board I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: MacTechVpr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread