Not open for further replies.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I actually did, lol. Just haven't had him try it yet. I tried it myself and to me, it vapes nothing close to a cigarette. I'm going to try to get him to test it tomorrow. We shall see.
Rin, If you make your own extractions you can make one of your dad's RYO tobacco. That'll give him a flavor he's familiar with.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Ok. i read about 20 pages of the tobacco, no caramels/etc thread and have come to the conclusion that I need to try Hangsen flavors. I have tried just about every brand except them because they're on the pricier end. But, if it's good, it'll be worth it... especially if it gets my father intrigued in vaping. Sooo, I have just purchased Hangsen RY1 and Cigar, to start. From what I read, they sound good. Between what I made, what was sent to me and what I just purchased, I am hoping he'll like SOMETHING. Otherwise, I may need to resort to violence. Lol jk

Widowmaker_

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Philly
Hopefully he likes your extraction, if not then maybe you can extract his favorite cigar. I've found that cigar extractions work pretty good.

I'm a tobacco guy and personally I prefer pipe tobacco and cigar NETs, moreso pipe tobacco blends so I can't help you much with lab tobacco flavors. My latest and possible favorite extraction is this Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake (by the ounce) It has a spicy raisin/fig (dark fruit) flavor and should get even better after steeping, I can detect some deeper flavors wanting to come out.
I can maybe see the spicyness giving someone the bite from the chemicals that they're used to with cigs instead of just having the dry ashtray taste that I can taste in alot of lab flavors that I've tried. I'm not an expert by any means, just an observation I've had.

Last edited:

RobertNC

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2012
Athens
I don't think an EGO is too flashy? He's not allowed to vape at work, I don't think. He works in an office so I don't even know if he could sneak it.

I think EGOs if I remember right are pretty low profile too. I work on an office "campus", that big evil empire seed company that everyone is always organizing a protest against, lol. We cannot even use tobacco products in our own vehicles once we are on the campus limits. But I still hit it and quit it inside even sometimes, lol. Very discretely of course, but on a tough day I can't get any work down without a good stream of nic. :) I sometimes go to the off-site designated smokers alley and hang with the cig crowd, been told there are a few others who just slam it in their cube but I would never be that indiscreet, lol.

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
Ok. i read about 20 pages of the Tobacco, no caramels/etc thread and have come to the conclusion that I need to try Hangsen flavors. I have tried just about every brand except them because they're on the pricier end. But, if it's good, it'll be worth it... especially if it gets my father intrigued in vaping. Sooo, I have just purchased Hangsen RY1 and Cigar, to start. From what I read, they sound good. Between what I made, what was sent to me and what I just purchased, I am hoping he'll like SOMETHING. Otherwise, I may need to resort to violence. Lol jk

Jimi D has guided me into the Hangsen Fruits as well. ;)

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
What about a 555. Not sweet at all and has a nutty taste. I was a 1.5 pack a day smoker for over 40 years and the 555 was the only tobacco I could tolerate that actually satisfied. You may need to also increase the NIC content to like 28 to satisfy the NIC craving and through hit that he's used to with cigarettes.

My reciepe when I first started was 28% NIC base 75/25, 555 8 - 9% and no AP. The AP may make it to nutty for him.

My reciepe now that I quit cigarettes 555 7%, AP 1%, EM 1% 24ml NIC and I'm planning on reducing this to 18ml very soon.

I use the hangden T5 as my 555.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
He rolls his own and uses pipe tobacco, actually. I bought him some Kentucky Select as it's supposed to be really good. I also thought the whole line was organic but it turns out it only has 1 organic flavor. My friend on here just sent me a TON of flavors for him to try. Like literally a small box full. I've smelled them all. Some smell amazing, like the Unicorn blood. He's bound to like something from it. His wife should definitely like a lot too, as many are fruity type flavors that she'd probably like more than him.
Hopefully he likes your extraction, if not then maybe you can extract his favorite cigar. I've found that cigar extractions work pretty good.

I'm a tobacco guy and personally I prefer pipe tobacco and cigar NETs, moreso pipe tobacco blends so I can't help you much with lab tobacco flavors. My latest and possible favorite extraction is this Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake (by the ounce) It has a spicy raisin/fig (dark fruit) flavor and should get even better after steeping, I can detect some deeper flavors wanting to come out.
I can maybe see the spicyness giving someone the bite from the chemicals that they're used to with cigs instead of just having the dry ashtray taste that I can taste in alot of lab flavors that I've tried. I'm not an expert by any means, just an observation I've had.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I've never used Hangsen flavors. I just put in my first order with them last night. Got the RY1 and Cigar. I'll keep 555 in mind. I have tried the TFA one and so did he. Nothing special there IMO. As for throat hit, he actually likes it on the lower end. He's tried 24mg and had a coughing fit. Said it was WAY too strong.
What about a 555. Not sweet at all and has a nutty taste. I was a 1.5 pack a day smoker for over 40 years and the 555 was the only tobacco I could tolerate that actually satisfied. You may need to also increase the NIC content to like 28 to satisfy the NIC craving and through hit that he's used to with cigarettes.

My reciepe when I first started was 28% NIC base 75/25, 555 8 - 9% and no AP. The AP may make it to nutty for him.

My reciepe now that I quit cigarettes 555 7%, AP 1%, EM 1% 24ml NIC and I'm planning on reducing this to 18ml very soon.

I use the hangden T5 as my 555.

Norman Clature

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Athens, GA, USA
I'm looking for a relatively dry, not sweet tobacco flavor and so far have not found it. I have found flavors I like, like (Vaping Zone Parliament, FlavourArt Royal, VapingZone Cigar) but nothing like what I've described. It's also something that would help my dad convert to vaping as it's what he likes. He's pretty much a chain smoker and he's told me that to convert he needs something that 'knocks his socks off". For him, even if you could recommend a vendor flavor that would work, I would be eternally grateful. (he likes a light nicotine 'hit' w/ a lot of flavor)
Anyways, ones that I have tried that got rave reviews were FlavourArt MAXX Blend, Vaping Zone Carolina tobacco, and the ones I listed above. Also have tried pretty much every Perfumer's Apprentice tobacco flavor.
I was thinking about trying Real Cig by Vaping Zone as people have described it as being the closest thing to an analog that they've tried but people said that about MAXX Blend as well and to me, it tastes nothing like it. Tastes very chemical and floral-like to me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I was also an RYO dude like your dad. For about year I both vaped and still "rolled my own." About all I could stand when trying e-juice at first was USA Mix by Dekang. But the Hangsen RY1 that has been mentioned is very good and has that "real" cig vibe to it and if you were going to make his juices for him you might also want to try the "USA Mix" from Hangsen with your next order (especially if he doesn't like the RY1; or just for some variety.) There is the normal and there is the "RED (cowboy) USA Mix." I think one is supposed to be like analog "lights" and one is supposed to be "full flavor" but I'm not sure which is which.

I don't think you could go wrong with either RY1 or USA Mix. They are both "pure" tobacco flavors with no "sweet" element to them.

Good luck!

Norman

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I haven't tried any by DeKang yet either. We shall see. I'm trying to cut back on buying stuff. I keep saying "after I order these flavors, I'm done buying flavors for a while".... Yeah. Never happens. Lol.
I was also an RYO dude like your dad. For about year I both vaped and still "rolled my own." About all I could stand when trying e-juice at first was USA Mix by Dekang. But the Hangsen RY1 that has been mentioned is very good and has that "real" cig vibe to it and if you were going to make his juices for him you might also want to try the "USA Mix" from Hangsen with your next order (especially if he doesn't like the RY1; or just for some variety.) There is the normal and there is the "RED (cowboy) USA Mix." I think one is supposed to be like analog "lights" and one is supposed to be "full flavor" but I'm not sure which is which.

I don't think you could go wrong with either RY1 or USA Mix. They are both "pure" tobacco flavors with no "sweet" element to them.

Good luck!

Norman

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
I know what you mean. I've been working on a few test batches that haven't been working out and have gotten some suggestions on what to add to them. I keep telling myself I need to cut back on buying more flavors then someone suggested a few flavors and got me thinking "That would work" and now I have to fight the urge to go right out and buy them.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Well, in my case I'm trying mainly to find something my dad will like so I feel SOMEWHAT justified in my purchases. Lol. But even before that, I had that issue. It's like, anytime I get into a hobby, I want to buy and buy and buy. Luckily I am able to keep the purchases relatively low but they just don't seem to stop. Being on here and reading how great flavors are doesn't help... but I love coming here. It's a dual-edged sword.
I know what you mean. I've been working on a few test batches that haven't been working out and have gotten some suggestions on what to add to them. I keep telling myself I need to cut back on buying more flavors then someone suggested a few flavors and got me thinking "That would work" and now I have to fight the urge to go right out and buy them.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
I tried to get my daughter to start vaping and quit the analogs. I explained to her how much good it would be for her health but she wanted nothing to do with vaping. Then I went on to explain how it would benefit my health by preventing her mom from killing me next time a package arrived. She said she would think about it:)

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi Rin, I'm an old fart that has tried just about every TB flavor I could find be it a concentrate or vendor juice. I have also built up quite a collection of my own TB extracts. The strongest, best tasting cigarette flavor I;ve bumped into is Pure Smoke by Want2Vape. I'm sure your Dad would find it satisfying. They have a great sample pack too.

PURE "Smoke"

Bman1959

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2013
Springfield, MO
Howdy Rin. Don't know if this will help, but just finished a extraction of Natural American Spirits organic and it is full flavor and not harsh.
Used tobacco out of 6 ciggies, small baby food jar, and just enough PG to cover. Crock pot heat low for 12 hours, let cool, and 2 coffee filter strainings. Dripped fresh extract and it was great. Did a 50/50 PG/VG mix (50% flavor), 12 mg nic (VG base) with 2% caramel (not enough or needs to steep) and 1% sucralose. Still very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread