Tobacco Control Journal openly insults vapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area
«It continues to baffle me why the tobacco control movement views vaping and vapers with such venomous disdain. If we had the same disdain for smokers who slop on patches or use nicotine inhalers or chewing gum, we would be writing ourselves out of the public health field.»
The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News Analysis and Commentary: Tobacco Control Journal Makes Fun of Vapers, Calling them Idiots

And this

«The tobacco Control Journal is not science, it is merely moral ranting, and only marginally more sophisticated than the demented craziness which emanated from certifiably insane puritan mouth-frothers in 19th century Britain and 1920s USA.»
Erm, Because It Looks Like Smoking | Dick Puddlecote

OfTheBrave

Jul 13, 2015
I would be more concerned with a journal or paper that people might actually read... haha

All joking aside though, these people seem to thrive off of thumbing their nose at we the vapers.

I read A LOT of vaping/e-cig articles so that I can try to stay up to date with the media's shock stories. The recycled garbage logic they use to paint headlines and sour the public's opinion makes my brain hurt, but someones got to do it!

Reactions: DrMA

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Cartoons showing people vaping?

They're obviously trying to get young children, some of whom can't even read, to try vaping. There can be no other way of understanding this than they are trying to hook kids on vaping. Seriously, what type of grown adult looks at cartoons?

cartoonsargument.jpg

;)
Andria

tmcguffie

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Ayrshire, Scotland, UK
I saw an article about losing the ability to remember things because everyone just looks up information on search engines. Evolution doesn't work that fast, might be the case in a few thousand years but not since the advent of the smart phone. The so-called entertainment industry, with all this big brother, reality tv, game show, cooking program crap that is force fed to people these days is mind numbingly boring, if anyone remembers the old test card that came up on the TV when broadcasts were ended, I'd prefer to watch that for an hour than this drivel. Where am I going with this I wonder ?, must get back on subject.
The tobacco control crew are just another bunch of government funded reprobates that are trying to keep their cushy jobs by continually spouting the same old nonsense, the thing that annoys me most is the number of people who believe all this "stuff", blindly sucking up all their rhetoric as if it's the gospel truth, individual people can be very intelligent, but the intelligence quotient of a group, drops in proportion to their number.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Where is this alleged cartoon? I didn't see a cartoon section on the Tobacco Control website...

Be sure the kids are asleep before looking at this image. I don't even get it, no person looks like these images, so obviously they are appealing to kids with such imagery. Although, I must say the androgynous person on the right is all that and a bag of chips.

LaserPointer.jpg

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Be sure the kids are asleep before looking at this image. I don't even get it, no person looks like these images, so obviously they are appealing to kids with such imagery. Although, I must say the androgynous person on the right is all that and a bag of chips.

LaserPointer.jpg
I'm totally offended..Why is it fine to offend some but if you offend the wrong group you are considered an evil person?!? What we need is a black transgender left wing celebrity as our vaping poster child. ;)

Okay not black but will he/she do?!?

o-CAITLYN-JENNER-570.jpg

It will give him/her more attention. Someone hit her up for an add. :lol:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I'm totally offended..Why is it fine to offend some but if you offend the wrong group you are considered an evil person?!? What we need is a black transgender left wing celebrity as our vaping poster child. ;)

Okay not black but will he/she do?!?

o-CAITLYN-JENNER-570.jpg

It will give him/her more attention. Someone hit her up for an add. :lol:

I think she looks more right as a woman than he ever did as a man -- but she's still got "man hands." It's hard to change one's bone structure! :D

Andria

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
I think she looks more right as a woman than he ever did as a man -- but she's still got "man hands." It's hard to change one's bone structure! :D

Andria
Nah not too hard it you run over it with the right heavy equipment.[emoji12]

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread