Tobacco laws: California Assembly votes to raise smoking age, regulate e-cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
There is so much stuff flying around I forget, what will concern us the most? Online vendors have to verify you are 21+, and how they are going to do that?
That and the Purge style anarchy that might erupt when the young adult smokers can no longer get their cigarettes.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
The last I remember reading, there was some question on just how they were supposed to go about doing that.
I guess I'll find out next month when I want to place another good sized order.
I don't recall there being any specific regulations regarding how it would be done online.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
And nothing will change.

I agree.

That is, If People continue to Not Vote. Or if the continue to Vote for the Same People who are currently in Office.

Something like do you want Harris or Sanchez to run for Boxer's Seat is a Good Example of this.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Just not any good choices as far as I'm concerned. I'm getting tired of trying to pick the lesser of two evils.

Tell me About it.

I tell people that I'm Not Voting for any Candidate in the Presidential Election. I'm Voting Against the Other Candidate.

I don't want to see either Harris or Sanchez get Boxers seat. But if has to be a Democrat, than I would Much Rather have it be Sanchez than Harris.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I don't want to see either Harris or Sanchez get Boxers seat. But if has to be a Democrat, than I would Much Rather have it be Sanchez than Harris.
That was my thought too, I don't know really anything about Sanchez, but I know enough about Harris to know that she is not good for California.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That was my thought too, I don't know really anything about Sanchez, but I know enough about Harris to know that she is not good for California.

That's my sentiments also Lessifer. Don't know squat about Sanchez, except after listening to some clips of her in past talk shows I listen to, she sounds kinda wacky.

IMO, Sanchez is much more Moderate than Harris on most issues. And I have heard that She is willing to work with members on Both sides of the Aisle to achieve goals.

That, and she has a House a few blocks from where I live. So She is technically my Neighbor. Although I have Never seen her puttering around in the Yard. Or Raking leaves on a Sunday.

LOL

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
That's my sentiments also Lessifer. Don't know squat about Sanchez, except after listening to some clips of her in past talk shows I listen to, she sounds kinda wacky.

She is wacky. But Harris is a true believer.

Sanchez is a much safer option.

images

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
Just not any good choices as far as I'm concerned. I'm getting tired of trying to pick the lesser of two evils.

Remember my parents being faced with this same dilemma back in the 60s. Stuck with me since they jokingly said they were voting for the 'Lester' of the two evils.

IMO, Sanchez is much more Moderate than Harris on most issues. And I have heard that She is willing to work with members on Both sides of the Aisle to achieve goals.

That, and she has a House a few blocks from where I live. So She is technically my Neighbor. Although I have Never seen her puttering around in the Yard. Or Raking leaves on a Sunday.
LOL

And years later had a coworker who lived in the same neighborhood with former Governor Lester Maddox and saw him doing just that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread