Tobacco use drops in Alaska as e-cigarettes surge

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I don't think it would be big news, just the opposite probably. That's me assuming the media would continue on it's usual anti-vaping course and ignore anything "big" or positive in regards to vaping. In anycase, your comment doesn't do much in the way of swaying me to believe they're lying.

I don't care about the media. It would be big news in the vaping community...

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
The vapor contains nicotine and the liquid may or may not contain tobacco. Because it's not clear which products use tobacco, e-cigarettes are not taxable under current law.

Waow; there seems to be an army trying to conflate nicotine with tobacco.

It says:
"The vapor contains nicotine and the liquid may or may not contain tobacco"
when the reality is
The vapour may or
If it (getting nic from other sources) ever happened on a wide basis, the FDA would simply change their wording from 'nicotine derived from tobacco' to just 'nicotine'. Any normally pro-regulation type person should know this innately. Some act like Zeller would 'slap his forehead' in total disbelief and defeat! :facepalm:

I doubt they would even have to do that since they merely would not include such wording in the first place

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I don't care about the media. It would be big news in the vaping community...

Maybe, this is a small outfit in Alaska we're talking about though. Lack of media attention/vaping community awareness is not proof they're lying. Maybe this article will shine the light on their claim and more can be learned.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Yeah I really trust the look of these guys who claim they are using eggplant derived nicotine...

http://www.mooseknucklellc.com/heritage/

I think it's funny that he said he uses nicotine derived from eggplant. It's a ruse.

Of course, I've met people who thought Stephen Colbert was a republican :lol:

It's pretty easy to pull legs now which is why The Onion is so hysterically funny.

Reactions: stevegmu

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
I think it's funny that he said he uses nicotine derived from eggplant. It's a ruse.

It's pretty easy to pull legs now which is why The Onion is so hysterically funny.

Yeah. If it were true, it would be huge news on this and every other vaping forum...

People don't realize how expensive vegetables can be. Lately, lady Sandra has been broke by the end of the month because she has taken up snacking on bell peppers throughout the day...

Last edited:

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA

Well, then let's keep the joke circulating and see how long it is before we see TC demands for genetically modifying all vegetables to be nicotine-free.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Your incapability to find it is not proof that it doesn't exist.

Ok. I do have some oceanfront property in Prague if you or anyone else is interested...

These guys were probably just fooling with the reporter or think they can get around eventual taxes by saying their nic comes from a source other than tobacco...You'd think being the only vendor using eggplant extracted nicotine they would proudly say so on their website...

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Yes. Absolutely none turns up on any search or on any vaping forum. Non tobacco derived nic would be a big deal in the vaping community. Lack of any evidence is proof...

In this case I think your lack of evidence comment is true, I looked around too and couldn't find a thing. It's sort of scary though because for ANTZ lack of evidence being proof is a way of life lol! Makes me feel icky using that same reasoning. :eek:

Reactions: stevegmu

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
Well, then let's keep the joke circulating and see how long it is before we see TC demands for genetically modifying all vegetables to be nicotine-free.

I'm amazed that they haven't imposed age limits on tomatoes, potatoes and derived products such as ketchup. According to their own findings they would impair children's brain development.

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
In this case I think your lack of evidence comment is true, I looked around too and couldn't find a thing. It's sort of scary though because for ANTZ lack of evidence being proof is a way of life lol! :eek:

Exactly, he's trying to prove a negative. Exactly like Antz like to hold vapers to.

Last edited:
Reactions: nicnik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread