Tobeco 0.3-0.35 SS notch coils

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by djl240, Sep 3, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. djl240

djl240 Full Member

Aug 26, 2016
    Just received a pack of tobeco 0.3 notch coils. I run two supertank minis on an istick pico. Tried various different coils and always go back to the tobeco 0.5 or 0.2 coils. I ordered the notch coils based on the very few reviews, which were all glowingly positive. I'm only halfway through the first tank, but OH MY GOODNESS.....!!!!!! There is easily TWICE as much flavor produced as compared to the tobeco 0.2 & 0.5 kanthals. I'm using 70/30 6mg clear peach watermelon chill juice. I started @ 20w and worked up to a perfect sweet (quite literally) spot at 35w. A perfectly luke-warm yet potent hit with no harshness and thick white clouds with an incredible explosion of flavor. Absolutely amazing. I've also heard these last for weeks on end. AND they support TC for those of you who are into temp control. I'm going to run this one hard for a week and most likely a order a large supply of these. If you own a supertank mini, you MUST try these!!!

2. NotSoMini

NotSoMini Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 13, 2014
    SoCal
    Are you still using the Tobeco notch coils and liking them?

3. djl240

djl240 Full Member

Aug 26, 2016
    NSM, actually I've put away the STM's and I'm building my own now on a pair of Serpent Mini's. The Supertanks were great, especially with the SS notch coils, but I MUCH prefer the serpent mini RTA now.

NotSoMini likes this.
  4. NotSoMini

NotSoMini Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 13, 2014
    SoCal
    Thanks — I tried a couple of the notch coils. There was no ohm reading however it was reading the volts and watts, really strange. Tried in on 4 or 5 mods. Can’t decide if I should give up on them.

5. Gotword

Gotword New Member

Jan 1, 2017
    I love the tobeco coils the .2 ohm are amazing, i seen the notch coils but I've tried so many coils that just don't compare to the .2s. Did the .3 notch coils have the same restrictiveness as the .2s or did they have more air flow through them. I know your not still using them but I'm curious. I still love using the super tank mini when I'm on the go

6. Eskie

Eskie Vaping Master Verified Member

May 6, 2016
    NY
    I use the notch coil and it's fine in TC SS mode which was a nice bonus. I think it's a great coil for the tank, and the only Tobeco factory coils I buy. I also rely on it as an out and about as I build just about everything else. The Super tank and a little Triton mini are the only tanks I have left that rely on factory coils.

7. Hallsar

Hallsar New Member

Jan 10, 2017
    Eskie, what are the temp settings you recommend? I'm using a fuchai 213. Thanks

Eskie likes this.
  8. Eskie

Eskie Vaping Master Verified Member

May 6, 2016
    NY
    I used the coil at 40W 440F and found it gave a nice warm vape on a Smok Alien with a TCR of 92. That may or may not translate over to your mod. I know there were some issues regarding the 213 and TC, so you might want to check the threads on it over in the regulated mod section.