Tobeco Super Tank Mini.... Why not popular?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
i am new to vaping but have been trying a few different subohm ready tanks lately. I own Kanger Mini and Nano tanks for subohm and an Aspire Nautilus and Nautilis Mini as well.

I am really liking my Kangar tanks but broke the glass on one and decided to pick up something different for fun until I replaced the glass and grabbed a Super Tank Mini as they were on sale for just under $20.

I really like the tank. The top load feature is handy and it is simple to take apart. The draw is also great and airflow adjustment is a breeze. Well built as well.

In any case, I went back the next day and bought 2 more.

I will still use my Kangers, but really like the Super Tanks.

Any thoughts on these? It seems that these tanks don't get much love on ECF....

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
I absolutely love the mini, I have three with different coils in each. I prefer the Triton 2 .4 claptons for flavor, the atlantis .3s for flavor/more vapor and Freemax .2 coils when the mood strikes for clouds.

I see the blue one fairly often on Reddit. I'm getting the zombie green one for my boy for Christmas. The use a variety of coils which is awesome.

I had no idea they were available in anything other than black, stainless and white. Did a quick search, looks like they are producing a bunch of colors now! :thumbs: Time to purchase a couple more!

Reactions: BreSha6869

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
best tank on the market right now. was blown away by the uwell crown, weeks later I tried this, now the crown has have been put out to pasture.

got the mst on the realeux dna200 with triton ni200 coils and mst on ipv d2 with the claptons for my work mod, couldnt be happier.
I tried the Crown and definately preferred the Super Tank. No leaking, coils seem to last, great top load feature and I love the airflow options. Best tank I have tried by far.

I am using my Nautilus and Nautilus Mini tanks for regular vaping still (have a few of them and lots of +1ohm coils), but my Kanger tanks aren't getting very much use for subohming as I think the Super Tank is far superior.

To each their own, but these are definately worth checking out!

JDC1958

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
i am new to vaping but have been trying a few different subohm ready tanks lately. I own Kanger Mini and Nano tanks for subohm and an Aspire Nautilus and Nautilis Mini as well.

I am really liking my Kangar tanks but broke the glass on one and decided to pick up something different for fun until I replaced the glass and grabbed a Super Tank Mini as they were on sale for just under $20.

I really like the tank. The top load feature is handy and it is simple to take apart. The draw is also great and airflow adjustment is a breeze. Well built as well.

In any case, I went back the next day and bought 2 more.

I will still use my Kangers, but really like the Super Tanks.

Any thoughts on these? It seems that these tanks don't get much love on ECF....
I have that as well and for the money I don't see how it can be beat as a basic tank. I burned up my last coil for my Elite 2 tank that came with my Sig 75. The store I am near at work does not carry the Elite replacement coils; so bought the Sub Mini and five coils, the Elite is now gathering dust.

Everything you said I agree with and will add it does not leak! I have to think its lack of popularity is due to two things: Tobeco is known for making low priced clones and not quality originals, and secondly its not rebuild-able.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I have that as well and for the money I don't see how it can be beat as a basic tank. I burned up my last coil for my Elite 2 tank that came with my Sig 75. The store I am near at work does not carry the Elite replacement coils; so bought the Sub Mini and five coils, the Elite is now gathering dust.

Everything you said I agree with and will add it does not leak! I have to think its lack of popularity is due to two things: Tobeco is known for making low priced clones and not quality originals, and secondly its not rebuild-able.
Which coils have you used in the Super Tank?

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
I've wondered the same as you bresha. The super tank and super tank mini sound awesome! I keep thinking to try one of them but don't see much talk about them so I didn't bite. I think I'll have to.

Does anybody have both? I'm wondering if the only difference between the regular and the mini is size?

Last edited:

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
Thanks. But I don't need prestige. I just like a good, solid, functional tank. And these Supertanks seem to fit that bill. Tobeco is making very solid gear these days.

(At the same time, I have been meaning to take a peek at the Kabuki. I've heard good things. But if cheaper works very well, I go with cheaper)

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Thanks. But I don't need prestige. I just like a good, solid, functional tank. And these Supertanks seem to fit that bill. Tobeco is making very solid gear these days.

(At the same time, I have been meaning to take a peek at the Kabuki. I've heard good things. But if cheaper works very well, I go with cheaper)

Same here. I do not feel compelled to buy the latest and greatest. Prestige is expensive and fleeting.
btw what tank is it exactly? Sounds like something up my alley. Linky please?

JDC1958

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
Same here. I do not feel compelled to buy the latest and greatest. Prestige is expensive and fleeting.
btw what tank is it exactly? Sounds like something up my alley. Linky please?
Here is the corporate description:
Tobeco authentic mini super tank,Tobeco authentic products,shenzhen tobeco technology co ltd

Just about every online vape shop carries these and they can be found on sale for 20.00 dollars, sometimes less.

Google "Tobeco Mini Super Tank" and you will see what I mean :) If they ever come out with a RTA version/base it would probably be a best seller from day one as a entry level tank.

Last edited:

JDC1958

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
I've winners the same as you bresha. The super tank and super tank mini sound awesome! I keep thinking to try one of them but don't see much talk about them so I didn't bite. I think I'll have to.

Does Antioch have both? I'm wondering if the only difference between the regular and the mini is size?
The regular/larger can be bought in a RDA/RBA version, tobeco super tank rda, for about ten dollars more on sale or standard which uses the same coils as the mini.

I've never used either of the larger versions so don't how they perform.

JDC1958

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
Ah shoot! Now you reminded me why I haven't tried one yet.

WAIT!!!! Thanks for the link! It got me to look at it again and if it takes the Atlantis coils it should be able to use the Anyvape RBA head! I hope somebody that has one will come in. And I'll do more research. Thanks!
You're welcome and you know your stuff! I've never heard of the Anyvape RBA; but now I am curious :)

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
You're welcome and you know your stuff! I've never heard of the Anyvape RBA; but now I am curious :)

Thanks jdc! I'll probably just go for the larger. More capacity is better for me (<-- read that as "lazy" :) )

But I'll check them both out. Yeah. The Anyvape rba head fits in a LOT of different tanks and works well. Just about anything that uses Atlantis or Triton coils. I don't know if this is the best price at the moment but I have bought many times from this ebay seller. He stands behind what he sells

Anyvape RBA V2 head Segatank, Atlantis V1/V2/Mega, Melo, Supertank, Fury.others!

Reactions: JDC1958
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread