Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanger Banger

Apr 22, 2015
USA
The postman dropped off my first vaporizer today at 3:00pm. I opened all my windows to air out what was once my tobacco death chamber. I brushed my teeth. I threw away all the ashtrays. I assembled my new KBOX and SubTank Plus and filled the tank. I took my first drag and coughed. I turned up the watts and coughed some more. I turned it up another step and nearly burned my lips. I backed the wattage back down and breathed deeper, stronger, longer, pulling that vapor deep into the depths of my fragile lungs. I managed to not cough. It was like learning to smoke (something stronger than tobacco, which I recently also quit) all over again. It tasted delicious.

I watched a lot of youtube videos to begin this journey with proper gear. After reading countless testimonies from people starting with lesser rigs, then upgrading and upgrading again to finally obtain the necessary essentials for them to fully quit cigarettes, I decided to dive into the ocean of e-juice head first, while skipping the costs associated with upgrades. Sink or swim.

I have smoked cigarettes for 27 years. I have stubbornly shunned vaporizers, in fear of new technologies, thinking it would just be another futile attempt, ending in failure as all the others have before today. I'm sure many here share a similar story. Chantix made me insane. Cold turkey made me despise poultry. I read Alan Carr's book over and over again, strengthening my bond to Big Tobacco with every failure. This time will be different, because I get to breathe clouds from my mouth that contain nicotine.

I want to repaint my walls a bright white. I want to clean my entire dwelling, from top to bottom. I want a new, all white wardrobe and curtains. I want to breathe and taste and smell again. I want one of those banners in my signature that keeps track of my progress and money saved/earned.

I never want to give another $7 to my ex-captor/killer for something that leaves ashes and needs fire. For something strangers ask to bum from me. For something that keeps me buying butane and flints for my lighters. For what once left my face coated in a film of tar and tinted my teeth a revolting shade of yellow. Today begins my journey. It's going to be different this time, because I have VAPOR now.

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Port Huron, MI, USA
Nice! I started about a week and a half agoish. First 3 days were a bit rough (not nearly as bad as cold turkey quitting smoker of 20 years myself). But now just love it. Even after about a week here feel much different. Co-workers also commented happy I don't smell like new ports anymore lol. It's great somewhat feels like taking a crazy addiction and sort of turning it into a hobby.

I was a bit turned off by the samething. I just seen this as some cool hip trendy thing with crazy devices. I was thinking why the hell don't they just smoke!!! Now I know lol

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Congrats on making the set towards vaping to quit smoking.
I never used chantix or anything because of how I saw my dad react to it. My dad smoked 2 packs a day. He had nightmares every night and said smoking was better than chantix. He tried cold turkey, well he only made it a week. With vaping, he is 6 weeks no cigarettes, no desire to smoke. He's using an iStick 50w and Atlantis, but only runs it at 22 watts. There isn't a reason to vape at high watts and that's a problem with the kbox. You can't fine tune it like an iStick, it has preset watts you can only choose from, whereas the perfect setting could be between the 2 preset watts.

I noticed with my dad and I'm sure you will to. He can smell better and taste food better. He realizes how bad his old clothes smell as well.

NOVA jon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2014
Northern virginia
Congrats! Take things easy at first, don't get discouraged at little setbacks if they happen. Keep us updated on how things go for your first few weeks, plenty of super nice people that can help if you need it!!

Cheech, your fish appears to be getting bigger...........

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Chantix made me insane. Cold turkey made me despise poultry. I read Alan Carr's book over and over again, strengthening my bond to Big Tobacco with every failure.

lol! I just _love_ your message!

I'd been reading your previous posts. Before I started vaping (other than my frustrated adventures vaping dry leaf tobacco), I researched and researched, and ... finally started, but ignoring some of the best advice, as it turned out. Good luck - I'm conviced you are going to succeed!

Reactions: Kanger Banger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread