Too many choices ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

backitdown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
On a boat in So.CA
Good afternoon: My two MVP's have failed within weeks of one another. When the first bit the dust I purchased an istick 40w that I love the form factor of but later learned that eleaf pulled a fast one on the reported battery used within. So- I need a backup and I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger and could use a push. On the laundry list are the following smallish mods that have my eye. The acclaimed Istick Pico @ $21, The sigelei Fuchai mini @ $25 or The IPV D3s @ $20. I'm leaning towards the Fuchai mini due to its size but would like to hear what you all think prior to clicking the mouse. Usage: wattage mode typically at 7-9w, 1.7-2 ohm, but may experiment with TC at some point.

THX in advance

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Good afternoon: My two MVP's have failed within weeks of one another. When the first bit the dust I purchased an Istick 40w that I love the form factor of but later learned that Eleaf pulled a fast one on the reported battery used within. So- I need a backup and I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger and could use a push. On the laundry list are the following smallish mods that have my eye. The acclaimed Istick Pico @ $21, The Sigelei Fuchai mini @ $25 or The IPV D3s @ $20. I'm leaning towards the Fuchai mini due to its size but would like to hear what you all think prior to clicking the mouse. Usage: wattage mode typically at 7-9w, 1.7-2 ohm, but may experiment with TC at some point.

THX in advance

The IPV D3s is a bargain at $20. Good for wattage mode, and a nice beater. It does not do TC in SS. The Pico is just a great little reliable mod that does do TC on all 3 metals and offers more adjustments. The Sigeili I have zero experience with so I can't comment.

Reactions: SnapDragon NY

backitdown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
On a boat in So.CA
Thanks for the comments so far: I am one that does not envy the newest and best and tend not to change things much so reliability is a major factor. Since my posting I found that the IVP is only available in blue and I just can't bring myself to do that. I'm a little down on Eleaf for the blatant miss information on the Istick 40W and still see the 2600mAh battery advertised. They should have pulled that long ago. That said- I do have the feeling the Pico is a well built product. Hoping someone will speak on the Sigelei. I think I like the longer/less wide box (like the I.S 40W) in my hand. My pinky finger will be missing something with the Pico it's so short. :) Open to suggestions as well.

Reactions: Eskie

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
My iStick TC40W with a Nautilus Mini lasts me all day chain vaping so I am not sure why you are against it. Can you please explain or provide a link to the info your referring to? Curious here.......... Fired TC40W at 40W in TC mode with an Atlantis V2 and it still gives as good performance as the day I got it.

backitdown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
On a boat in So.CA
Steve- It's not that I don't like much of the Istick 40W, in fact I love the form factor , fit and finish but it's just that the battery is not 2600mAh as advertised and Eleaf knew it.
Below is an email response from Eleaf.

(cut and pasted)
Thanks for your email and sorry for the delay in replying.
In fact, when Eleaf desig iStick TC40w, it was 2600mah.
But the Materials Supplier made mistake, they supplied 1800mah battery.
And many customers feedback, they like this device, so we did not do any changes.

Reactions: Eskie

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Well a little Google Foo revealed one old post with no corroborating facts except for someone saw this in a review. Your cut and paste is not enough to prove anything in my opinion. Show me some actual proof is all I am asking. If you want to believe it be my guest and do not take it the wrong way but I do not hold reviews on You Tube for fact.

backitdown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
On a boat in So.CA
Steve. All I can you is that the 40w battery is no where near the capacity of the MVP 2600 mAh I have used for three years. Hence my inquiry to Eleaf as I thought I had a bad battery. They offered the exact 1800mAh specifications. Take yours apart if you doubt. I'm done - thx

Reactions: kross8

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Did you email Eleaf and ask them?
Seems easy enough.

No because I would love to see some info on this before I go ask them about what I consider hearsay. If someone is going to say that there is a big cover up or false advertising there should be some actual proof. Not just an I read it on the Internet in one 3 year old blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread