Too many choices ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
No because I would love to see some info on this before I go ask them about what I consider hearsay. If someone is going to say that there is a big cover up or false advertising there should be some actual proof. Not just an I read it on the Internet in one 3 year old blog.

First off, its not unreasonable. Ive actually heard this before. eleaf isnt denying it. They offer a reasonable explanation.
Second, lower your guns, and relax.

I dont have a dinosaur in this orgy, and dont care either way, Im just curious as to the thought process of others.

You asked for proof but are unwilling and embarrased to ask the company you are defending.

Want me to email them and ask for you... Would you believe the answer if I posted it?
;)

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
2OggKej.jpg

Reactions: Gracie Cha0s

backitdown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
On a boat in So.CA
WOW- I didn't mean to open this can of worms. Thank you all for chiming in here. I think the Sigelei will works nicely.

Steve- You could certainly write them an email without accusing them of any wrong doings. What harm would it be ? If you think I made up the "cut and paste" email response your on the wrong track. My spelling in bad- but not that bad ;-)

Good day

Reactions: kross8

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
With only your cut and paste I would not even offend them by contacting them. Show me something I could go by that is more than text in a forum. I told you I did a search and only came up with some stuff on a blog from many years ago. Nothing personal you understand, but that is not enough for me. You made this comment about a device I have owned for years and performs perfectly with long battery life and it made me curious if it is true.

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
It's China guys;), they could care a less about accuracy in advertising, they have no copyright laws there ( check out the you tube guy, " China unsensored" hillarous...) I've had eleaf fail me but I've also been beating an istick 100tc for months and can't kill it( bought 4 from VaporDNA during a closeout for 9.99 each) one of the few parallel dual 18650s , pioneer for you is a crapshoot as well but I've been impressed with the D series as well as the ipv3li .... Sigelei's have been good to me all the way through, just bought a pair of 213 plus, or the 223... Whether they do 213 or 223 watts I'll never know because I don't go over 100 watts( I bought them for the form factor and the battery life)...The pair cost me 76$( what I paid for a week of cigarettes before I quit years ago)....So in reality, I don't trust any of them , I just enjoy inexpensive, and fairly durable mods and toppers and don't put much stock in their truth in advertising.....My 2 cents :)

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
With only your cut and paste I would not even offend them by contacting them. Show me something I could go by that is more than text in a forum. I told you I did a search and only came up with some stuff on a blog from many years ago. Nothing personal you understand, but that is not enough for me. You made this comment about a device I have owned for years and performs perfectly with long battery life and it made me curious if it is true.

You aren’t going to offend a company by asking a product question. If that’s your reasoning for not asking them directly, it’s not a very good one.

The op didn’t make this up, this information has been out and goes back a long time. I already knew it as well as many others. It has been verified and you can trace it back with a google search, I just did and have no idea why you haven’t been successful doing so. It’s not up to the op to make you believe something, he made a statement and went so far as to provide his own proof, if that isn’t enough for you so be it. Other ways of verifying the information are available you can choose if it really matters or you can continue to doubt, it’s your choice.

If you have been happy with it and it fits your needs then it shouldn’t matter to you. It should still vape the same as before you read the info?

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
post from april 2016 mentioning the problem of 1800mah instead of 2600mah.. and a mention that Pbusardo (youtuber) happened across 1......either way, if a person is going to copy/paste something from their email,, i will believe them because they posted it for all to see,, put their 'rep' on the line if you will. now it may be a rare thing (or not) but i believe the op's statement

At What Voltage Would a Mod Read Low Battery?

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country

But you have no problem questioning the integrity of another member?
:facepalm:

No worries.
I sent the email for you. Ill let you know the reply.

;)

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
But you have no problem questioning the integrity of another member?
:facepalm:

No worries.
I sent the email for you. Ill let you know the reply.

;)

I am NOT questioning his integrity I am saying the proof offered is not good enough for me and requesting something more. Amazes me how this continues but nothing has been offered and even the person who said the iSticks do not have the advertised batteries has left. Just cause I read it in a forum is not good enough for me to believe it and that does not mean I am saying it is untrue but I question it.

backitdown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
On a boat in So.CA
Steve - For the record, I do not believe you have questioning my integrity. Since getting the email from customer service, I have read many posts where people were complaining about the 40W's capacity. Some even said they got better battery live from the 30W. When you put all the information together and then get the manufacturer to fess up what else am I to think. You wouldn't know until you take the battery out of yours and even then it may be a guessing game. I like my 40W just wish it had a little more reserve. You seem to love yours which is great- They are cheap at vapeshop- grab another but let this lie. Are you sure your not from Missouri the show me state ? :) ;-) I do understand what your saying- it's all good.

Reactions: KenD

backitdown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
On a boat in So.CA
I own one of each, all good, Sigelei is well made ( but I'm partial to Sigelei going back to the first ZMax .. still good as new)

Doc- Thanks for the push. Might you know what the ohm range is for TC ? Will it do 1.5ohm with kenthal and S.S. or do coils need to 1.0 ? I can't find anything in print.

Took some work but I found the info I needed- THX
Resistance Support:pWR Mode: 0.1Ω-3.0Ω/TC Mode: 0.1Ω-1.5Ω

Last edited:
Reactions: BackDoc

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
Doc- Thanks for the push. Might you know what the ohm range is for TC ? Will it do 1.5ohm with kenthal and S.S. or do coils need to 1.0 ? I can't find anything in print.
for the Sig 213 it's .1-3ohm in TC , but the Sig does not do temp in kanthal, I'm pretty sure the itaste 100tc is similar, no kanthal as well , others will correct me here if I'm wrong on the range for the istick..... We've a great collection of very knowledgeable vapers here , best to you my friend

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I have a pico,pico squeeze,istick TC 100 and a frankenskull with CV on its way.Also an old Sigelli telescope 15watt.

If I had to choose on mod it'd be the pico.Its my on the go mod.Smaller than a pack of smokes it feels great in hand.
    I can't stick it in any pocket without yanking my pants down.Smaller than a pack of smokes.
    I haven't seen many negative reviews on pico.

backitdown

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 7, 2013
    On a boat in So.CA
    for the Sig 213 it's .1-3ohm in TC , but the Sig does not do temp in kanthal, I'm pretty sure the itaste 100tc is similar, no kanthal as well , others will correct me here if I'm wrong on the range for the istick..... We've a great collection of very knowledgeable vapers here , best to you my friend

Doc- I'm sure you are correct- not sure what I was typing. SURE WASN'T THINKING. I did see the 1.5 in print are you saying from experience it's 1.3 - I take your word. THX

Reactions: BackDoc

abn75

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2014
    mobile, al, United States
    Reviews on the Sig have been good. It seems they fixed small bugs the larger version had and I know the 213w was considered good. I don't have it but I've been watching it. Sig has a good rep. Better than eleaf imo.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
    Ehhhh unless the mini is totally different than the other ones, no it's really not a well reviewed mod. The 213 was proven to go no where near it's advertised wattage and be a total fail on temp control.
    With that being said, I own one and do use it. It's a ok little mod, but it's not one I would recommend as a only mod. If by some chance you do purchase it, go into it knowing you will not get the wattage they say, your temp control really doesn't work and the chip set in it isn't really efficient.
    I vape my 213 at higher shown wattage than I normally have to because of this. I.e. on rda I usually vape at 80 watts, I had to turn the 213 up to over 100 watts to get the same vape.
    Just throwing my experience out there. It's a ok little mod, not a bad price, and for just adding to a collection go for it. For a main use mod, I would say buy something else, by a pico or even take a look at something like the minikin

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: KenD
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread