Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

jaytex1969

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2015
Austin, TX
steak.jpg
And decent CHEESE STEAK...

Plettschner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
CT
E-juice... how old is too old?

Anyone have information on juice shelf life that is not hearsay, speculation, opinion, or from the kid at the local vape shop? I've found plenty of that on ECF.

Common belief seems to be about 1-1/2 years. But why? The VG breaks down? Into what? Nic loses strength, ok. Bacteria grows in it? Looking for some legitimate info.

Sent from Uranus using Tapatalk

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I don't think there's a concrete answer as different blends hold up differently. I have found that sweet flavors break down faster than unsweetened ones. Different flavoring brands seem to hold up more or less than others. Darker liquids tend to break down faster than lighter ones in my experience as well.

My rule of thumb is to store mixed liquids in the fridge if they are going to be around more than a month. In the fridge with full bottles, I typically see little change over a two year period.

Plettschner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
CT
I chucked the 3 to nearly 4 year old juices... debating on a couple of 2 year old ones that I really liked and there's still a little left. One is a banana vanilla from local shop that they stopped making and the other is Alchemist by Drake's (interesting absinthe flavor).

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
E-juice... how old is too old?

Anyone have information on juice shelf life that is not hearsay, speculation, opinion, or from the kid at the local vape shop? I've found plenty of that on ECF.

Common belief seems to be about 1-1/2 years. But why? The VG breaks down? Into what? Nic loses strength, ok. Bacteria grows in it? Looking for some legitimate info.

I have 3 bottles that are rapidly approaching 2 years. Haven't noticed anything different. One a strawberry 18mg not gunky. The other 2 caramel banana ds 12mg and 18mg.

The Only info is from the juice makers website for shelf life of 2 years.

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
1st post..."getting married...(and getting divorced 5 years later)"...

2nd post..."getting remarried...(and getting divorced 5 years later)"...

[There will be NO 3rd post. Now, every 5 years, I just find some woman I really hate...and give her EVERYTHING I HAVE...:shock:...A LOT easier and NO lawyers needed...]

:pervy: Somehow I managed to get to number 3. 3rd times a charm?

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
I only got married once, and that was 52 years ago.
:wub: I love this. Congratulations. It took me a few tries but I know I have the right one this time. We've been together 8 years now but have known each other for 25. I had a giant crush on him when I was a teenager but he's a little older than me, he was in his early 20's at that time and always said I was cute but jailbait. We finally got together in our 30s when 7 years difference no longer matters.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
1st post..."getting married...(and getting divorced 5 years later)"...

2nd post..."getting remarried...(and getting divorced 5 years later)"...

[There will be NO 3rd post. Now, every 5 years, I just find some woman I really hate...and give her EVERYTHING I HAVE...:shock:...A LOT easier and NO lawyers needed...]

Hey dude. Feel like hating me? ;)

:pervy: Somehow I managed to get to number 3. 3rd times a charm?

I'm going with YES on that! :D

:thumbs:

Users who are viewing this thread