Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

brewbear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2017
I'm about to throw the Origen out the window, but thought I'd check here first for assistance. I took the silver pin out, since I'm not using it for squonking. I am unable to get the brass pin in after over 20 attempts. I know that parts aren't optional, but can I forgo using one or both of these parts? I feel it will go in without them. Second question: if I put the silver screw back in can it work for regular vaping?
91e6d6701975b8c7e178ab0c7ed0f198.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The little beige thingamajig goes on the 510 pin with the larger end covering the pin head. The larger doodad is the cup for the coil post (looks like a hockey puck with a hole in it and a post with a screw sticking out of it) and they both fit in the deck. Make sure you align the holes in the hockey pucks since the 510 pin threads in the metal part.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
The little beige thingamajig goes on the 510 pin with the larger end covering the pin head. The larger doodad is the cup for the coil post (looks like a hockey puck with a hole in it and a post with a screw sticking out of it) and they both fit in the deck. Make sure you align the holes in the hockey pucks since the 510 pin threads in the metal part.

I have tried over and over again. I got so frustrated yesterday I put it away and am revisiting it today, still no luck, it just won't catch the threads. Maybe this is a sign that I need to try squonking [emoji38]
Eta: the silver pin goes back in fine, so it must be the brass one that's defective

Last edited:

Plettschner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
CT
I have tried over and over again. I got so frustrated yesterday I put it away and am revisiting it today, still no luck, it just won't catch the threads. Maybe this is a sign that I need to try squonking [emoji38]

Make sure the screws are the same length... I've heard of FT supplying incorrect hardware.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Make sure the screws are the same length... I've heard of FT supplying incorrect hardware.

Yeah, but it's probably their suppliers. let's face it, at the prices they charge, you're not buying a product lovingly assembled and subjected to 3 QC checks before release.

I once got a KF3 mini from them, and it kept leaking no matter what. Took a good look at all the o rings, the threads, it all looked good. Finally looked at the glass and discovered one end was cut on a bias which made getting a seal impossible to accomplish. Someone released that from a factory somewhere like that. That was my second and last try at FT clones (had a problem on another KF5 right before). I love them for all the little odds and ends you struggle to find, but I decided stuff like that wasn't going to work for me. Works for lots of other folks around here, but the vape fairy refused to enchant my clone orders from there.

OTOH, I have 2 Merlins that must have been dusted with vape fairy stuff as neither of them have ever leaked on me. Win some, lose some.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Yeah, but it's probably their suppliers. let's face it, at the prices they charge, you're not buying a product lovingly assembled and subjected to 3 QC checks before release.

I once got a KF3 mini from them, and it kept leaking no matter what. Took a good look at all the o rings, the threads, it all looked good. Finally looked at the glass and discovered one end was cut on a bias which made getting a seal impossible to accomplish. Someone released that from a factory somewhere like that. That was my second and last try at FT clones (had a problem on another KF5 right before). I love them for all the little odds and ends you struggle to find, but I decided stuff like that wasn't going to work for me. Works for lots of other folks around here, but the vape fairy refused to enchant my clone orders from there.

OTOH, I have 2 Merlins that must have been dusted with vape fairy stuff as neither of them have ever leaked on me. Win some, lose some.

Both screws are the exact same size. So for my sanity, I went ahead and put the silver pin back in. My hands are SO sore from trying to get that damn pin in, I decided it wasn't worth the frustration. And if I do ever try squonking, I now have a tank for it! I'm just glad these lessons I'm learning cost less than lunch. It's not worth messing up my hands any more for the $8 or so I paid for it.

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
Both screws are the exact same size. So for my sanity, I went ahead and put the silver pin back in. My hands are SO sore from trying to get that damn pin in, I decided it wasn't worth the frustration. And if I do ever try squonking, I now have a tank for it! I'm just glad these lessons I'm learning cost less than lunch. It's not worth messing up my hands any more for the $8 or so I paid for it.

shove a toothpick (or something similiar) in the hole of the squonk pin, and it'll work just fine!

brewbear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2017

Did you try backing the screw first - like you're unscrewing it, slowly, until you feel a click?

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Did you try backing the screw first - like you're unscrewing it, slowly, until you feel a click?

No, I guess I didn't. I'll try that tomorrow. My left thumb is in bad shape from holding down the post while trying to screw it in.
ETA; I ignored the pain and tried that...still not successful

Last edited:

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC

I got a Serpent Mini from FT and never could get the damned thing to work. I don't think the center pin is screwed in all the way. I'm going to send it to a friend and have him drill it out.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
nectar doesn't look like fun to build with mesh...
it does remind me of the Corolla though. speaking of which, I need to go buy another one.

:)

but I don't know if I'm manly enough for cotton candy colored.

$22.18 Free Shipping SXK Corolla V1.5 RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer (Corolla V1.5, 22mm, 316 SS + PC, Silver) at m.FastTech.com

I think you could pull off the cotton candy look, petro. ;) Or, you COULD go topless......

20161231_111614.jpg

So, please, do tell. I have a faint interest in this Nectar tank. Is it fairly similar to the Toyota, other than the one single air flow hole and the HUUUUUUUGE fill hole?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: I'm so embarrassed. I fell for the $1.97 Kayfun clones, and don't have a clue how they work. Would someone please spell it out for me in simple language. Thank you!

I had a 3.1 from ages ago that was gifted to me. I never even tried it til the chatter in this thread about it. I like it muchly, Zen.

Which part(s) are confusing you?

Here's a pic. KF 3.1 on zee left, and V2 on the right.

kf 3.1 and kf v2 kompact.jpg

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: I'm so embarrassed. I fell for the $1.97 Kayfun clones, and don't have a clue how they work. Would someone please spell it out for me in simple language. Thank you!
Don't be embarrassed .. YouTube it...lot easier to watch it than have to read it... there are many videos on it plus ones to top fill it..here is one, sry kinda long.

Zen Knitter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2016
Gold country, Calif.

jaytex1969

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2015
Austin, TX

Here's a couple I used to get familiarized.

This one seems to have been done by a couple of casting extras from "Lock, Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels", (one of my favorite movies, BTW). You can skip in to the 6 minute mark whenever you get tired of them yakking...

I'm sure there are some better vids out there somewhere. These are just the ones I found first.

MTFBWY

Jay :headbang:

Users who are viewing this thread