Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
No way... Say it isn't so...
joyetech must be a division or sister company of Dovpo, their 510 connectors are JUNK too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fat Daddy Vapes 510 will fix all junk 510's!
500x1000px-LL-6ea52022_dt-50FDVV3-1.jpeg
Shoulda saw the look on this B&M kids face when I tolded him his "Decked Out" RX200's Warranty was voided because of his TFV4!! He said no its not, and immediately took the atty off to show the 510 isnt too long for it.. :lol::facepalm:
tY7vA9Q.jpg

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
Dang, that's incredible, 50' 28awg kanthal for 1.85 with free shipping? That's insane.

Yup they have some good prices. A couple of weeks ago I ordered a bunch of wire from them. They were offering 30% off and I used a 15% off coupon for 45%. I like their wire.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I just converted the Kayfun Mini 2.1 over to it's Dripper mode. You remove the whole chimney and it's top cap o-ring. Only using the top tank section and cap with a large bore drip tip, it is a very flavorful vape with a twisted 28g 0.4 ohm coil at 25W.

The top one is the Dripper Mode. ;)
KMv2.1_UserManual_04.jpg

I tried that at one time. There was a great pictoral (I'd have to go hunting for it - prolly a couple of years ago - mid- to late-2014 when I asked about it and got some pix)

Got distracted because I wanted to find that for this thread. I'll be back with it later.....

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
If I usually use 26 or 28 g kanthal, should I go up in gauge for SS, or just add an extra wrap? I'm trying to figure out what to order from the sale.
A little more than an extra wrap, SS is ~1/2 the resistance of equal gauge Kanthal.

Steam Engine can help you decide. ;)
Coil wrapping

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
If I usually use 26 or 28 g kanthal, should I go up in gauge for SS, or just add an extra wrap? I'm trying to figure out what to order from the sale.

I use 24,26,and 28ga. It is a little soft compared to kanthal but not as bad as nickel. Best bet would be to use steam engine to put in what ohm you like to build. Then figure if that will fit in the atty your looking to build. Hope that makes sense.

Edit: Ya beat me to it TD! :D

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
:lol: :thumbs: :lol:

I ordered all the wire I needed during the last sale they had. :D
I'm going with this sale, I somehow missed out on the last one! :D

Edit* Just got a good bit for $30!!! Forgot to get those neat Tweezers that also grip tanks tough!! lol o_O:D

Last edited:

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Thanks for the link to the wire sale! I ordered 10x 25ft of 26ga, $12.50 shipped is nuts! That should last me nearly the rest of my life! I looked at the SS and Ti wires, be nice to get some while it's on sale, but I still don't have anything that does TC yet, don't really know what I'm doing in that sense anyway, so that's kinda putting the cart before the horse?

I watched some videos on the GEM last night, I think you've all convinced me that's going to be my next tank, or tanks. The more I looked at the Morph it seemed to be a lung hitter, not much for MTL vaping.
I'm also looking into the Eleaf Istick Pico, seems to have a lot more features, great reviews, on ECF at least, about the same size as the Kbox, and it's cheaper! Stupid shinyitis!

As for pre-made blister packed coils, Fasttech has you hooked up! Just pick the resistance you want and order them in bulk! FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Went searching through some of the "way back" history - couldn't find pictures of the KF Mini in dripper mode (the one link I found, the picture is no longer available :( ) Found a couple of YouTube videos, but like most, 10-15 minutes of yammering and about 15 seconds of what I'm seeking :p

I remember having done that (and praying that I wouldn't lose the chimney seal when I took it all apart ;) ) NOW that I have a decent build in the Mini's I will try that again.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Went searching through some of the "way back" history - couldn't find pictures of the KF Mini in dripper mode (the one link I found, the picture is no longer available :( ) Found a couple of YouTube videos, but like most, 10-15 minutes of yammering and about 15 seconds of what I'm seeking :p

I remember having done that (and praying that I wouldn't lose the chimney seal when I took it all apart ;) ) NOW that I have a decent build in the Mini's I will try that again.
All good, I find the video with the large bald dude... Interesting... :blink:

I keep the o-ring on the chimney and it goes with the middle tank section into the Kayfun parts box which is all things Kayfun! :D

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
Blow wind -blow ... such fun ... NOT
View attachment 550606

Guess it's time for a new fence @#$%
Sure hope the neighbor comes over to claim their house siding :pop:

Damn that sucks. Thank God nobody was standing around there. Looks like a pretty good size branch.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
View attachment 550606

Insurance? I lucked out a while back, a Dillons/Kroger van ran off the road and wiped out part of my fence, had a heck of a time getting anyone out to even give me an estimate, but someone did, finally:) $1750! I got the check, fixed it myself for $80, and bought a nice, non-shiny AR-10/LR-308 and the boy a new PS4 for Christmas!

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
View attachment 550606

Zoiks! Hope everyone is ok..... It's just been dreary here, nothin crazy weather-wise (but we are having a nasty storm of lame presidential candidates this weekend)

Hopefully no other damage?

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I couldn't take the price on that wire! I didn't order any Ti wire, I wanted to! But I got 50ft of .8x.01 Kanthal, 100ft of 32ga Kanthal, figure I'll try my hand at fused Clapton's on the cheap, and a 25ft roll of 22ga 316l SS. Just in case I do get a TC mod. I'm still under $20, by about $.50, but still under, LOL!
Talked to a couple buddies about the Eleaf, on guy has two that the fire buttons died on, the other works in a vape shop and he said they quit selling them because of so many problems with Eleaf products. So I don't know anymore!

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
I couldn't take the price on that wire! I didn't order any Ti wire, I wanted to! But I got 50ft of .8x.01 Kanthal, 100ft of 32ga Kanthal, figure I'll try my hand at fused Clapton's on the cheap, and a 25ft roll of 22ga 316l SS. Just in case I do get a TC mod. I'm still under $20, by about $.50, but still under, LOL!
Talked to a couple buddies about the Eleaf, on guy has two that the fire buttons died on, the other works in a vape shop and he said they quit selling them because of so many problems with Eleaf products. So I don't know anymore!

Great buy! On the Eleaf part I have both the 100w & 100w TC and I have had no problem with either one of them. I hope I just didn't jink myself!!!:eek::lol:

Users who are viewing this thread