Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Great buy! On the eleaf part I have both the 100w & 100w TC and I have had no problem with either one of them. I hope I just didn't jink myself!!!:eek::lol:

Yeah, I've seen mostly rave reviews of the Istick's on here, so it's still on the short list, but makes one leary.

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
I couldn't take the price on that wire! I didn't order any Ti wire, I wanted to! But I got 50ft of .8x.01 Kanthal, 100ft of 32ga Kanthal, figure I'll try my hand at fused Clapton's on the cheap, and a 25ft roll of 22ga 316l SS. Just in case I do get a TC mod. I'm still under $20, by about $.50, but still under, LOL!
Talked to a couple buddies about the Eleaf, on guy has two that the fire buttons died on, the other works in a vape shop and he said they quit selling them because of so many problems with Eleaf products. So I don't know anymore!
I had 2 eleaf 20W (the original) that lasted well over a year with not issues with the threading. 3 eleaf istick 30 watts and only one has bit the dust after a year. 2 eleaf istick minis both kicking. An eleaf istick 50w that is alive and well with no firing issues, and an istick 100w that is just fine. I also have 2 eleaf ijust 2 set ups that have lasted over a year with no issues.

I just bought the eleaf pico. It came in yesterday and I haven't set it up yet, but for less than 40 bucks I have a really cute itty bitty TC mod, and a tank. The reviews on the pico have been great.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I had 2 eleaf 20W (the original) that lasted well over a year with not issues with the threading. 3 eleaf istick 30 watts and only one has bit the dust after a year. 2 eleaf istick minis both kicking. An eleaf istick 50w that is alive and well with no firing issues, and an istick 100w that is just fine. I also have 2 eleaf ijust 2 set ups that have lasted over a year with no issues.

I just bought the eleaf pico. It came in yesterday and I haven't set it up yet, but for less than 40 bucks I have a really cute itty bitty TC mod, and a tank. The reviews on the pico have been great.

THANKS!! That's making me feel a lot better about it! I'll be curious of your thoughts on it. I'm wanting something pocket friendly, I'm old school and still wear pocket "T's" and my phone in a holster. I've already got enough crap in my jeans pockets as it is.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
@sawlight Truth is you will hear bad things about EVERY mod.. Just gotta take a plunge at the one you like... :thumb:

I know, but it's been so long since I've bought one, doing the research is half the fun! Then again, with me being tight, I won't buy another Provari at full price, I have to understand it's not going to be the greatest.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
I know, but it's been so long since I've bought one, doing the research is half the fun! Then again, with me being tight, I won't buy another Provari at full price, I have to understand it's not going to be the greatest.
I know what you mean on looking for a mod!! Until recently I was on the sites Everyday looking for a good mod for TC!! So, I knew of EVERY mod coming out!! Was pretty fun! :D

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Crazy things you see after a bad wind storm.

Well, that's one way to keep the mess out of your yard!
I'm a HAM radio operator, never really got into it much, other than storms so I joined up with our local NWS and Skywarn. I go out, spot storms, call it into the net and they notify the NWS. It's kinda cool and gives me something to do on occasion.
One night a friend and I were out and could see the gust front and rain shaft heading at us, but didn't look too bad. It got bad! It rained so hard I couldn't see the tree 10 yards away from us to even guestimate wind speeds! I called into the net controller and told him the winds were so strong they were trying to blow the truck over. He suggested I face the truck into the wind. My reply "We are facing into the wind, got anything else?" We saw a lot of blown over telephone poles on the way home that night!

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Well, that's one way to keep the mess out of your yard!
I'm a HAM radio operator, never really got into it much, other than storms so I joined up with our local NWS and Skywarn. I go out, spot storms, call it into the net and they notify the NWS. It's kinda cool and gives me something to do on occasion.
One night a friend and I were out and could see the gust front and rain shaft heading at us, but didn't look too bad. It got bad! It rained so hard I couldn't see the tree 10 yards away from us to even guestimate wind speeds! I called into the net controller and told him the winds were so strong they were trying to blow the truck over. He suggested I face the truck into the wind. My reply "We are facing into the wind, got anything else?" We saw a lot of blown over telephone poles on the way home that night!
Im a Ham as-well! :thumb:

73's

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
No radio, but I sure enjoy hamming it up.

Likewise.

exps7767_TH2022C33C.jpg

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Im a Ham as-well! :thumb:

73's
I used to run a DX-60 & HG-10 back in the day. I'd play on the 10 meter driving the CB'ers crazy, they all thought they were talking to skip when I changed the output power up and down... :lol: :w00t: :lol:

Not my rig but I had one just like it minus the HR-10 Receiver.
DSC_4026.jpg

I knew a guy who used to monkey around on the Toronto air traffic control frequency. I'm amazed he never ended up in jail... o_O

Users who are viewing this thread