Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I don't have one, but I could just picture my new-found KF Mini 2.1 on an RX200 :shock: I have a feeling that it would take a week of constant use before I'd have to recharge the batteries!
That's almost where I am on my hex ohm's! I run about 3 mods a day, all with different juices. When I'm home 2 of those mods are Hex's. I change batt's about every 4 days just because. Getting a multimeter & gotta learn how to use it. I hate not knowing the level on my batts.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
When you tighten the screw, you are also turning the air holes. That's how it's made. If it weren't so tight, I could turn the airholes far enough to line back up again on the half turn. But, I'm not strong enough or it just won't go that far. I don't know which.
Ahh, it's the newer one, that I haven't messed with yet. I'm thinking the washer idea is the ticket then. Use something somewhat soft so it acts like a "crush washer". Meaning it's "tight enough" to not move, and still allows you to get the air hole lined up. Think of it like putting plumbing pipes together, you can't turn it far enough when tightening it to get the elbow where you want it, you have to loosen it back to where it lines up. You use teflon tape and pipe dope with the tapered threads to make the seal. Kinda help?
Or you could just send it to me, I'll figure something out and send it back to you.

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
Hey, I have a FastTech shipping question. Iv never ordered from China, Someone told me to use epacket(I live in the US), so upon checkout there is USPS First-Class and USPS First-Class ePacket.

Which should I use?
Whenever I order it usually says "USPS First-Class ePacket" with a "(recommended)" next to it. So that's what I always do.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Locking pliers on the deck posts holding them in line. Taking the biggest screwdriver that will nicely fit the 510 pin, tighten it up as you normally would tighten a center post screw.

Now you have choice to make, live with way the air holes don't line up with the outside holes. It's a big space in there by the center pin and air will move through anyway.

or

Tighten a little bit more till you can see light through the holes, it will either allow you to line them up or the pin will snap. Been there done that, luckily Fat Daddy Vapes sells center pins for the KF series for a few bucks and it's easily fixable. Avid also sells machined ones that provide more airflow.

Roll the bones and make you choice! :D

misswish1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
NM

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Locking pliers on the deck posts holding them in line. Taking the biggest screwdriver that will nicely fit the 510 pin, tighten it up as you normally would tighten a center post screw.

Now you have choice to make, live with way the air holes don't line up with the outside holes. It's a big space in there by the center pin and air will move through anyway.

or

Tighten a little bit more till you can see light through the holes, it will either allow you to line them up or the pin will snap. Been there done that, luckily Fat Daddy Vapes sells center pins for the KF series for a few bucks and it's easily fixable. Avid also sells machined ones that provide more airflow.

THIS!!!!!
I just watched several vids on the KFL V2, and the way the pin is set up air will circulate around it if the holes line up or not. I'd put it together, vape it, and see how you like it! If it's still not enough air flow, there are several suggestions to remove the 510 pin and drill, top down, with a 5/64" drill bit to open up the air flow.

misswish1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
NM

or

THIS!!!!!
I just watched several vids on the KFL V2, and the way the pin is set up air will circulate around it if the holes line up or not. I'd put it together, vape it, and see how you like it! If it's still not enough air flow, there are several suggestions to remove the 510 pin and drill, top down, with a 5/64" drill bit to open up the air flow.

Ok, I'll tighten the 510 and see how it vapes. Thanks so much, guys, I really appreciate all the help! I want to gather a herd of these Kayfuns over time, so I need to know to all this stuff!

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina

or

I had this trouble with a spinning deck on a brand new Kayfun Undead. I tightened the deck back up but couldn't see all the way through the air hole. Side by Side to my other Kayfun Undead which I can see through, and there is no real airflow difference tbh.

Edit* Those are bored for more airflow also, just to give you an idea! :)

Danousa

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2012
Ohio
May 4 is Star Wars Day.

dark hemit.jpg

May the Schwartz be with you!

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
THIS!!!!!
I would be real careful enlarging the air hole on the pin. Some pins have deeper threads than others and when you increase the hole to 5/64" the threads will break from being too thin. (Been there too... :D)

One of the Avid machined pins is the best option.
KayfunMilledPost__37033.1416688398.1280.1280.jpg

IMG_1338__99447.1414853821.1280.1280.jpg

Kayfun High Air Flow Milled Center Post

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
I would be real careful enlarging the air hole on the pin. Some pins have deeper threads than others and when you increase the hole to 5/64" the threads will break from being too thin. (Been there too... :D)

One of the Avid machined pins is the best option.
KayfunMilledPost__37033.1416688398.1280.1280.jpg

IMG_1338__99447.1414853821.1280.1280.jpg

Kayfun High Air Flow Milled Center Post

I have one of these pins and they are really nice. I did my own from the stock pin and it did not give a secure connection but these are rock solid.

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
That's almost where I am on my Hex Ohm's! I run about 3 mods a day, all with different juices. When I'm home 2 of those mods are Hex's. I change batt's about every 4 days just because. Getting a multimeter & gotta learn how to use it. I hate not knowing the level on my batts.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

You could get a inline meter for a mechanical mod and pop one of the cells into a mech and check it. That is what I do for a fast option to check the voltage. I have a multimeter but its just easier to do it that way. If you have a mech check this out Clearomizers & Tanks | Voltage Meter | VaporBeast I just check one of them since they are always within a tenth of a volt anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread