Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Hey @TrollDragon which Taifun is your favorite?
I only have the GS and GS II, I tried a buddies GT II and didn't care much for it. I am OCD about not being able to fill a tank to the top... ;)

Both the GS & GS II are built like the FeV so they are old hat. :thumbs:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I would be real careful enlarging the air hole on the pin. Some pins have deeper threads than others and when you increase the hole to 5/64" the threads will break from being too thin. (Been there too... :D)

One of the Avid machined pins is the best option.
KayfunMilledPost__37033.1416688398.1280.1280.jpg

IMG_1338__99447.1414853821.1280.1280.jpg

Kayfun High Air Flow Milled Center Post
Thank you!!!

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I'll experiment and see what I can do. And buy a few of those Avid High Airflow Center Posts.
Or you could just send it to me, I'll figure something out and send it back to you.
I'll keep this in mind. Just in case.

Now I've got to figure out how to reset my Firefox preferences without actually opening Firefox. Right in the middle of this discussion, I tried to open a link that made my browser go crazy, opening tab after tab after tab. So fast that Firefox didn't have the ability to let me go into my preferences to tell it to NOT open with my previous tabs. So, even when I reboot, it's still going crazy, opening hundreds of tabs!

Wish me luck!

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Right in the middle of this discussion, I tried to open a link that made my browser go crazy, opening tab after tab after tab. So fast that Firefox didn't have the ability to let me go into my preferences to tell it to NOT open with my previous tabs. So, even when I reboot, it's still going crazy, opening hundreds of tabs!

Wish me luck!
I had that problem once, it goes crazy. :eek: Don't remember how I got around it. Good luck.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Do make sure the air adjust screws are backed out, at least flush with the bottom of the base. If you still can't see through the two holes, you may want to adjust.

You need to make the adjustment with the KF opened up, and while it can be done with a coil in, it may get damaged.

Important to use the right size screwdriver! You're going to turn the 510 screw at the bottom of the base. It's probably very tight, and the wrong size driver may damage it. With the base in your left hand, turn that screw counter-clockwise just a little, while looking through the air intake. If you go 1/4 turn that way and still don't see the light :)p), then it needs to go the other way. Loosening the screw will also loosen the positive block inside - why you have to have it open.

And you don't want the 510 pin sticking way out...

If you need to, make a tiny insulating washer from, say, a carto condom.

I use a pair of pliers to hold the two block in place (well, the negative block isn't going to move!) when retightening. Makes it easier to align the positive block.

And check resistance with no coil after done, to make sure the pos block hasn't rotated into contact with the neg. (Although if you did manage all that with a coil on, you should see the same resistance as before the process.)

Hard to explain, actually pretty easy to do :thumb:
Sorry I'm so late getting back to you! I'm house & pet sitting 3 dogs & a cat for a friend. The dogs have really been a handfull today! I'm behind on all my threads & I only have 4! I see @DavidOck helped you! TY, David!

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Let us know how you like those, I dont believe anyone here really talks about those..

I add "Liquid Menthol Crystal" & "Koloda" to all the "E-Liquids" I vape . . . So to put it simply "Liquid Menthol Crystal" added to any "E-liquid" gives it a solid menthol taste while inhaling vapor. Then there is "Koloda" if you want a cooler refreshing taste on inhale and especially exhale of vapor . . . FYI: Now - using either can be amazing additive - however be very careful how much you add that is unless you want to pick up your lungs from the floor . . . BEEN THERE DONE THAT . . . AND - Not just once . . . :facepalm:

Just Sayin' . . . ;)

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
I add "Liquid Menthol Crystal" & "Koloda" to all the "E-Liquids" I vape . . . So to put it simply "Liquid Menthol Crystal" added to any "E-liquid" gives it a solid menthol taste while inhaling vapor. Then there is "Koloda" if you want a cooler refreshing taste on inhale and especially exhale of vapor . . . FYI: Now - using either can be amazing additive - however be very careful how much you add that is unless you want to pick up your lungs from the floor . . . BEEN THERE DONE THAT . . . AND - Not just once . . . :facepalm:

Just Sayin' . . . ;)
Thanks for the Explanation and Advice Uncle! May have to try some Menthol Crystals.. I might have some Koloda around here... :thumb:

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Yes, what do we do now?

I use one of these to clamp down on the positve block & hold it tight to the base. You may have to unscrew the 510 a bit, clamp that positive block in place& screw the 510 back in so you can see thru the holes. Tighten it & align the holes & make sure the poitive block is tight to the deck, aligned straight so it does NOT tough the negative post. The 510 pin goes from the bottom of the atty all the way up to the opening under the coil & it holds that positive block in place. If it's not tight that block will move & you'll have a hard short.
http://www.amazon.com/Tools-VISE-GR...=1462229862&sr=8-13&keywords=vise+grip+pliers

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
I use one of these to clamp down on the positve block & hold it tight to the base. You may have to unscrew the 510 a bit, clamp that positive block in place& screw the 510 back in so you can see thru the holes. Tighten it & align the holes & make sure the poitive block is tight to the deck, aligned straight so it does NOT tough the negative post. The 510 pin goes from the bottom of the atty all the way up to the opening under the coil & it holds that positive block in place. If it's not tight that block will move & you'll have a hard short.
http://www.amazon.com/Tools-VISE-GR...=1462229862&sr=8-13&keywords=vise+grip+pliers

lol Exact ones I use as-well! :D

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
OK, I need some help, my head hearts, bad! I came into some extra money today, I've done my research, I've watched video after video, after video on mods, I'm sold. I WANT the Eleaf Istick Pico! PERIOD! Here's my stupid problem. I've looked and looked, and can't find a US supplier of the GEM tank clone (just can't afford the original!) So I'd like to order from ONE site, just one, trying to save on shipping costs, and would like to stay around $70, or less is better. But I want to order the Pico AND a decent RTA to go on it, must be 22mm, must include an RBA deck and I'd prefer state side. (22mm is the largest that fits on the Pico) I've got Kayfuns and the Fogger I can run, but I'd like something nice to go with the Pico.
Suggestions, anyone? Did I mention my head hurts?

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX

I confess I've been thinking about saving up money for a trip to Houston so I could take all my Kayfuns, tools, etc and visit you in persone.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
OK, I need some help, my head hearts, bad! I came into some extra money today, I've done my research, I've watched video after video, after video on mods, I'm sold. I WANT the Eleaf Istick Pico! PERIOD! Here's my stupid problem. I've looked and looked, and can't find a US supplier of the GEM tank clone (just can't afford the original!) So I'd like to order from ONE site, just one, trying to save on shipping costs, and would like to stay around $70, or less is better. But I want to order the Pico AND a decent RTA to go on it, must be 22mm, must include an RBA deck and I'd prefer state side. (22mm is the largest that fits on the Pico) I've got Kayfuns and the Fogger I can run, but I'd like something nice to go with the Pico.
Suggestions, anyone? Did I mention my head hurts?
A Wotofo Serpent or Serpent Mini? I think I heard thats a good RTA?? I'm trying to find a site that has BOTH but cant!! I know your frustration though! o_O

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Me, too!

When I tighten the 510 screw, it closes off again inside.

I'm using channel locks.
I've lined up the air holes on 16 KFL+v2's. I didn't have to drill or use crush cushions or anything. No modding required. All it took was a pair of those pliers & a broad screwdriver. If you use a screwdriver with a longer handle you can apply more torque with less effort. I did have to back out the 510 until the + block came off, clamp it back on so it wouldn't move, & retighten the 510 & align the airholes. I had to go that far on 4 out of the 16. Restarting the 510 through the + block lets everything line up, tighten well. These are just thrown together in the factory. They don't check airflow or anything. They just stick the 510 pin in & tighten it so the + block is tight.

You can guesstimate how close you are to alignment when the screwdriver slot on the 510 is sideways to the airholes in the sides. You can see the airhole grub screws on the bottom of the base. Hold it so one is above & one below the 510 as you ate looking at the bottom. The slot in the 510 should just about form a - between them. Get it that far, & as tight as you can & then peek through the air holes & see if you neef to tighten or un tighten in teeny increments. I say teeny because if everything looks as I've described on the bottom you are right there. Just a little nudge will show you those holes.

Last edited:

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I would be real careful enlarging the air hole on the pin. Some pins have deeper threads than others and when you increase the hole to 5/64" the threads will break from being too thin. (Been there too... :D)

One of the Avid machined pins is the best option.
KayfunMilledPost__37033.1416688398.1280.1280.jpg

IMG_1338__99447.1414853821.1280.1280.jpg

Kayfun High Air Flow Milled Center Post
One of the Nano's I was piffed had one of those in it when I got it. The person who gave it to me warned me to be careful because it would allow the + block to slip when you were installing coils. Sure enough it did. I tossed it & put the original 510 back in.

Last edited:

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
No problem at all, Kenna! I had some tool-minded, very helpful men jump in to help us out. It sounds like you have your hands full!
Lol! They've worn themselves out & are finally settled down. This house backs up to a golf course & I think all the golf carts today got them wound up. I think there was a golf thing at the club because there were a lot for a Monday.

Last edited:

misswish1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
NM
I've lined up the air holes on 16 KFL+v2's. I didn't have to drill or use crush cushions or anything. No modding required. All it took was a pair of those pliers & a broad screwdriver. If you use a screwdriver with a longer handlr you van apply more torque with less effort. I did have to back out the 510 until the + block came off, clamp it back on so it wouldn't move, & retighten the 510 & align the airholes. I had to go that far on 4 out of the 16. Restarting the 510 through the + block lets everything line up, tighten well. These are just thrown together in the factory. They donct check airflow or anything. They just stick the 510 pin in & tighten it so the + block is tight.

You can guesstimate how close you are to alignment when the screwdriver slot on the 510 is sideways to the airholes in the sides. You can see the airhole grub screws on the bottom of the base. Hold it so one is above & one below the 510 as you ate looking at the bottom. The slot in the 510 should just about form a - between them. Get it that far, & as tight as you can & then peek through the air holes & see if you neef to tighten or un tighten in teeny increments. I say teeny because if everything looks as I've described on the bottom you are right there. Just a little nudge will show you those holes.

Thanks, Kenna! I will try this tomorrow when I get home. I love knowing stuff about my stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread