Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I confess I've been thinking about saving up money for a trip to Houston so I could take all my Kayfuns, tools, etc and visit you in persone.
I'm supposed to be in Fredricksburg on the 10th & 11th of June for a wedding. Is that doable for you? I could take an hour or so away I think. My sister will be down from Colorado. Haven't seen her in about 9 years.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
OK, I need some help, my head hearts, bad! I came into some extra money today, I've done my research, I've watched video after video, after video on mods, I'm sold. I WANT the eleaf Istick Pico! PERIOD! Here's my stupid problem. I've looked and looked, and can't find a US supplier of the GEM tank clone (just can't afford the original!) So I'd like to order from ONE site, just one, trying to save on shipping costs, and would like to stay around $70, or less is better. But I want to order the Pico AND a decent RTA to go on it, must be 22mm, must include an rba deck and I'd prefer state side. (22mm is the largest that fits on the Pico) I've got Kayfuns and the Fogger I can run, but I'd like something nice to go with the Pico.
Suggestions, anyone? Did I mention my head hurts?

I have only seen the Gem clone at Fasttech and 3F Vape. Americans are mostly obsessed with chuckin cloudage rather than searching for a refined, relaxed vape. I really doubt to ever find a Gem clone for sale in the US. Maybe and its a big maybe Anglel Cigs could pick it up in their store but its unlikely. Order one from Fast Tech and get a Calix V2 along with it to make it worth the wait ;)

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
I have only seen the Gem clone at Fasttech and 3F Vape. Americans are mostly obsessed with chuckin cloudage rather than searching for a refined, relaxed vape. I really doubt to ever find a Gem clone for sale in the US. Maybe and its a big maybe Anglel Cigs could pick it up in their store but its unlikely. Order one from Fast Tech and get a Calix V2 along with it to make it worth the wait ;)
I wanted to throw a Calix V2 in the FastTech order I just placed but, ran my budget too low for now... :oops:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I've lined up the air holes on 16 KFL+v2's. I didn't have to drill or use crush cushions or anything. No modding required. All it took was a pair of those pliers & a broad screwdriver. If you use a screwdriver with a longer handle you can apply more torque with less effort. I did have to back out the 510 until the + block came off, clamp it back on so it wouldn't move, & retighten the 510 & align the airholes. I had to go that far on 4 out of the 16. Restarting the 510 through the + block lets everything line up, tighten well. These are just thrown together in the factory. They don't check airflow or anything. They just stick the 510 pin in & tighten it so the + block is tight.

You can guesstimate how close you are to alignment when the screwdriver slot on the 510 is sideways to the airholes in the sides. You can see the airhole grub screws on the bottom of the base. Hold it so one is above & one below the 510 as you ate looking at the bottom. The slot in the 510 should just about form a - between them. Get it that far, & as tight as you can & then peek through the air holes & see if you neef to tighten or un tighten in teeny increments. I say teeny because if everything looks as I've described on the bottom you are right there. Just a little nudge will show you those holes.

You make it sound so do-able.

I might even start buying Kayfuns again. I stopped because I just couldn't seem to get them to work right.

But, the flavor is so, so good!

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas

And you make it sound like rocket surgery!:pervy:

Gonna hold off on my order for now. Sent a text to a buddy to see if he's going to order anything soon. It was $5 shipping the mod, it was $13 for the mod and an atty? I don't get it! So no new orders tonight, besides, I'm still waiting for them to ship my last order!

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina

I might even start buying Kayfuns again. I stopped because I just couldn't seem to get them to work right.

But, the flavor is so, so good!
You need to take the Kayfuns off the Pedestal! ;):D

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
And you make it sound like rocket surgery!:pervy:
Everything is easy . . . in theory. Finding a way to do the right thing while having enough hands / finding the right tools is not so easy. Especially for someone without much hand strength and no mechanical aptitude.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Everything is easy . . . in theory. Finding a way to do the right thing while having enough hands / finding the right tools is not so easy. Especially for someone without much hand strength and no mechanical aptitude.
I can relate to that as I have Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis in my left wrist, and working on some tanks where it out fast!

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Ok, David, I turned the screw a bit and can see the light, put my hat pin in it to keep it in place. Tightened the screw as far as the pin allows. The block is a little wobbly now. If I take the pin out and tighten the screw, I loose the light. So how do I tighten the block?

When you tighten the screw, you are also turning the air holes. That's how it's made. If it weren't so tight, I could turn the airholes far enough to line back up again on the half turn. But, I'm not strong enough or it just won't go that far. I don't know which.

The airhole screws have nothing I believe to do with the deck pos block. The 510 screw in the middle is what holds your pos block. If you tighten it down it will tighten the block.

Ahh, it's the newer one, that I haven't messed with yet. I'm thinking the washer idea is the ticket then. Use something somewhat soft so it acts like a "crush washer".

Yep, if you can't get the holes to line up AND the block tight at the same time, the insulating crush washer is the way to go. (IF you need the marginally more air flow it gives.) So you have to completely remove the 510 pin, keeping track of the insulators. The silicone carto cap can work, or maybe (haven't tried!) a turn or two of dental floss at the head of said screw would work. Just need something non-conductive to provide a bit less "reach" on the screw.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I want to buy a 100 pack of every Kayfun oring.

www.oringsandmore.com has those! You just have to look at the blowup diagram of the Kayfun and get the sizes off the parts list. You'll find the prices to be great for a multipack. You might get a lifetime supply for $10 or so.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I must have gotten lucky with my EHPro Kayfun 3.1. I've been vaping it for at least a couple of years, maybe three. Airflow isn't as free as my Kayfun 4's, but it's loose enough to direct inhale, albeit rather tightly. For MTL, it approximates a cigarette filter.

Compared to an Orchid or a Lemo it's on the tight side, but I consider those way too loose for my vaping style.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I do believe I have a Pico on the way. My friend was looking around, sounded like he was going with an RX200 last I talked to him. I told him the KF V3 mini or go big and get me the Theorum, going technology, go big, right? I didn't order the tank kit, I'm an RTA/RBA type person and have enough wire coming to build a lot of coils! I told him black or silver, hope to find out here in a few hours what I'm getting and what I owe.
Am I bad for dumping it on him? I dunno, but mama doesn't know what I spent this way, and I'd done so much research on the damn mod, my head hurt!
Gotta save up some more money now for a Fasttech order, I REALLY want the GEM tank clone and will probably pick up a few variants of the Kayfun that I can find there, while you can still get them! Seems everyone wants clouds now days!

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas

My offer still stands, I'll be more than happy to help you out with it! I'll even pay shipping back to you. I'm missing half a thumb on my left hand (stupid miter saw!) and get spasms from my back into my arms and legs occasionally, so I can relate! I use a lot of tools to help me along the way and when that doesn't help I get the neighbor lady, who's very mechanically inclined, to help with small stuff I can't do!

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
More Kayfun....Fun....(3.1ES)
Darn it,I just stripped out the positive block,guess I wrenched the wire screw down a tad too tight.
Any ideas or do I gotta get a new positive block.

On a side note I dropped down to 2 mg nicotene today (from 4) ...Yipee!
Fat Daddy Vapes sell them.
9895137.jpg

About half way down the page.
SHOP

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
More Kayfun....Fun....(3.1ES)
Darn it,I just stripped out the positive block,guess I wrenched the wire screw down a tad too tight.
Any ideas or do I gotta get a new positive block.

On a side note I dropped down to 2 mg nicotene today (from 4) ...Yipee!

The block or the screw? If the block, yeah, a new one unless you can tap it a size up and find the right size screw.

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
I wanted to throw a Calix V2 in the FastTech order I just placed but, ran my budget too low for now... :oops:

Mine has not shipped yet but ill let you know how it is when I get it :)

I will say I forgot about a Lemo I had purchased and busted it out yesterday. It is a great vape if you dont have one put it on your list. Easy to build on, good construction and great vape quality.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Mine has not shipped yet but ill let you know how it is when I get it :)

I will say I forgot about a Lemo I had purchased and busted it out yesterday. It is a great vape if you dont have one put it on your list. Easy to build on, good construction and great vape quality.
Thanks!
Actually, Iv had a Lemo sittin untouched in a drawer for a couple monthes now that you mention it. I forgot all about it!o_O:D

Users who are viewing this thread