Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My two favorites are SS316L and Kanthal. My least favorite is whatever came in my new Orchid V4 and the Lemo Drop. It's probably nichrome. Both of them spit and popped even when the wick was perfectly saturated. I'm talking about micro explosions that you could feel hitting your tongue with significant force and the pop of expanding air.

Changing them over the SS or Kanthal fixed that immediately.

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
My two favorites are SS316L and Kanthal. My least favorite is whatever came in my new Orchid V4 and the Lemo Drop. It's probably nichrome. Both of them spit and popped even when the wick was perfectly saturated. I'm talking about micro explosions that you could feel hitting your tongue with significant force and the pop of expanding air.

Changing them over the SS or Kanthal fixed that immediately.

Yah the stock coil in the Lemo does pop a bit I think your right about it being nichrome. I am using the one that came with mine and it crackalackles.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Yah the stock coil in the Lemo does pop a bit I think your right about it being nichrome. I am using the one that came with mine and it crackalackles.

I don't know what it is about Nichrome that makes it pop. The wicking looked nice and full and puffed out on each side of the coil, so it shouldn't have a hot spot when there was an air gap. But, recoiling with SS or Kanthal will fix that every time.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I'm pretty sure the coils that came in my Dripbox are Nichrome as well. It was a pop master also! Much better with Kanthal, and raising the coils to get some air flow around them!
So you can't dry burn Ti wire? I'm as fresh as fresh gets with this TC stuff, so I'm trying to learn it quickly! Or at least have a basic understanding of it, before my mod gets here.
Speaking of, talked to my friend early this am, haven't had much sleep, and I've got the silver one and a Theorum on the way now. I've heard mention of the SS version, but like I say, I sure can't find one!
People are starting to complain about oxidation on them already, I may just take the silly thing apart and powder coat it! I've now learned how to do that with cast bullets (another story) so I don't think it would be that hard to do it to this mod!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Do you DYI your Stawberry's N Cream? If so could you share your recipe I am on the hunt for a better one.
It's AndriaD's recipe, but I cut the Inw Shisha Strawberry in half & added some TFA strawberry. Still below her strawberry %. Rest is the same as her's.

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
It's AndriaD's recipe, but I cut the Inw Shisha Strawberry in half & added some TFA strawberry. Still below her strawberry %. Rest is the same as her's.
Ok thanks ill check it out :)

I never thought about using a shisha flavor that sounds great.

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
Center battery would be my control, it came from 101 Vape about a month ago and I am 100% sure its authentic. Two new ones on the outside and the insulators look the same to me.

foRhewG.jpg

And here are what the stickers look like. Again middle battery is from a month ago.

V5Fammz.jpg

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Center battery would be my control, it came from 101 Vape about a month ago and I am 100% sure its authentic. Two new ones on the outside and the insulators look the same to me.

foRhewG.jpg

And here are what the stickers look like. Again middle battery is from a month ago.

V5Fammz.jpg
Like I just said in another thread, me being me, I would have to take the wrap of each new one and check to see if the Insulator is glued on to be sure. And if they are real have the task of Re-Wrapping them. Luckily I just got 2 new ones, I feel bad for anyone that ordered 10 or more...

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Just do yourself a favor an order the Samsung 30Q's till all these bad HG2's disappear, the 30Q's have the same ratings.
Definitely! I'm trying to remember what new members and other people I have recommended the LG HG2's too!

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
There all caught up. Consider yourselves all liked for the missed posts. :p

Is anyone going to get the new Egrip II

add a replaceable battery and a provision for a lanyard and
they MIGHT stumble onto something special...

they are getting close IMO

it would perhaps truly be an all-in-one unit

:tumble:

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
add a replaceable battery and a provision for a lanyard and
they MIGHT stumble onto something special...

they are getting close IMO

it would perhaps truly be an all-in-one unit

:tumble:

I like the way joyetech are going with their range. :p

Ps not sure on the clock
Pps no need for a game.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I like the way joyetech are going with their range. :p
Ps not sure on the clock
Pps no need for a game.

well one thing for sure, they have givin their all toward the little eGrip
they keep tweekin' it again & again - turning into quite the refined device...

I've been campaigning for an onboard clock for a long time (2yr old posts)
it just makes sense (just a simple 12 hr clock, no alarms, bells etc)

when out-n-about, no pockets, no cell phone (beach) a clock & lanyard would be nice...

odd they don't make any mention about battery power ??

yepper, they can keep the gamer part

:|

Users who are viewing this thread