Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

Plettschner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
CT

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Just watch the description and pictures. That one has the Monster V3 base. Huge airflow (At least for a KFL) and no adjustments for it.

Sent from Uranus using Tapatalk!
Actually its the mini, the same size as the kayfun lite except for the air flow.

:)

Plettschner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
CT
Actually its the mini, the same size as the kayfun lite except for the air flow.

:)

Right. The Monster has a 13mm thread chimney and the Monster Mini has the standard 12mm chimney thread.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Kayfun Lite+ base with a bellcap tank.

4e89f071e2933cb3a7b5ca981b8454f8.jpg

I like both of those - nice look !

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I haven't....truth be told, I used it for about 4 days and put it up. i like my corolla better.

Petro, why is that, hon? Is it the lack of airflow that's been mentioned? I did get one, but never tried it. (and you KNOW I love my Toyotas)

31ac49485a288dd9e3601eef2c2bf8cd.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Ummmm.......... m'kay........... :rolleyes:

(really thinking: WHY????)

Have a marvelous couple of days away, Shawn.

Just for the halibut.
Building that thing though would give me a haddock. I don't know if I cod do it. Some people would say that the tank makers have jumped the shark lately, but that's open for de bait.

Stupid question, can I fill the KF bellcap stubby from the top (where the drip tip fits) without it flooding out? Or do I have to unscrew the bottom? I fear that the whole thing will come apart if I unscrew it from the bottom. The chimney chamber seems to unscrew as well.

As mentioned, it's got to be tight tight. I use a needle nose to get it beyond what I can do manually.

classie, for the bell cap set ups, you need only the base, the chimney (without the chimney cap), and the bell cap (and drip tip, of course). It's creating a KOMPACT Kayfun which IS a whole lot shorter than the original KF.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I like the SXK Doggystyle, but after using both, for me the KFL Bellcap wins for flavor and for not having an AFC ring. The design of the Doggystyle is excellent though.
The kfl without a doubt has a very unique flavor and draw that belongs to it alone.

Plettschner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
CT
The kfl without a doubt has a very unique flavor and draw that belongs to it alone.

Indeed. To me, the success of the KFL (original full size, out of the box) is a prime example of function over form... it's big, heavy, has a plastic tank, the fill port is a joke, drip tip looks like the business end of an enema, etc., etc., but man, they sure make a killer MTL vape. Some business school should be using it as an example in class.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
Petro, why is that, hon? Is it the lack of airflow that's been mentioned? I did get one, but never tried it. (and you KNOW I love my Toyotas)
airflow didn't really bother me, as i have my corolla almost completely closed off most of the time anyway. it had less flavor, and (maybe) less capacity. i got the smaller one (nano?).

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Indeed. To me, the success of the KFL (original full size, out of the box) is a prime example of function over form... it's big, heavy, has a plastic tank, the fill port is a joke, drip tip looks like the business end of an enema, etc., etc., but man, they sure make a killer MTL vape. Some business school should be using it as an example in class.
Well, you have to take history in the context and at that time most RTAs were big and funky (squape, rose, erlkonigin, etc) so it didn't stand out looks wise like it does now in 2017

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

Users who are viewing this thread