Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
Funny how, with only two days of looking at the ECF womper and tootle threads, I see I am still a dinosaur. I have the same mods and the same tanks I had two years ago, with no desire for anything "new and better" as most of the folks here seem to want. My ancient Protanks are still being run between 6-15 watts and my totally un-gorgeous plain jane mods with a single 18650 are still doing their jobs without complaint or problems and I am just happily sucking my Butterbeer juice. Sigh...

What is this new and better you are talking about. I must have missed something.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
My gut reaction to the vapefly Nicholas tank is that I'm blown away by the flavor. The nautilus 2 and new nautilus coils have a definite competitor and while it's very early to say I think it may have been dethroned ! First vape is absolutely amazing for a tank that takes premade coils. The airflow is exactly the same as the nautilus mini in design and very close if not exactly the same for throughput.

I think most people in this thread are going to love this tank.

With the .6 coil which seems like it should be too low for mtl but really isn't the drip tip does heat up relatively fast but for we the tootle puffers running lower than max wattage it's not an issue. Based on the coil design I expect the coils to last a lot longer and retain flavor a lot better than the nautilus coils.

Anyone with a nautilus or kabuki definitely need to try this tank for $11 on 2f (price listed as more but at checkout mine was under $11 and five packs of coils were $3.85 ish. Super inexpensive and so far phenomenal vape quality.

Very few things make me instantly glad I bought them. I usually have to grow into a tank but so long as I don't grow out of this one I'm thrilled.

Also the knurling is great and the top fill is super easy unlike the n2. You cans also change coils without draining the tank.

This seems to be everything the n2 should have been and wasn't. With even more flavor.

I'm really enthusiastic about this tank and my first vape is blowing me away. Flavor is off the hook.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Very few things make me instantly glad I bought them. I usually have to grow into a tank but so long a si don't grow out of this one I'm thrilled.

That's how I felt about the sub tank mini and it's RBA. I'm also quite fond of the eggrolls (ego one) and the Smok VCT, which I now understand from posting on another thread that's it's totally out of "style". The only reason I care about that is they're very hard to find and I only have 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
That's how I felt about the sub tank mini and it's RBA. I'm also quite fond of the eggrolls (ego one) and the Smok VCT, which I now understand from posting on another thread that's it's totally out of "style". The only reason I care about that is they're very hard to find and I only have 2

Really? The stm to me just isn't a good mtl tank. It's just got so much airflow coming below the coil and so spread out I don't get the density I want form it and I feel like it's very similar to every other sub tank just closed down. I did use one for a lo time and was just never very happy. Have you tried any of the tanks designed specifically for mtl?

@ChelsB you can turn off that signature too by the way. It's in Tapatalk preferences. So your posts won't be closed out with "sent for my phone with Tapatalk or you can make it say whatever you want.

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
What is this new and better you are talking about. I must have missed something.
Seems like a lot of folks want 2-3 batteries with flashing lights and fancy colors and gihugic tanks and... well, you've heard that stuff before. So what if my little 3 mL Protank-II has to be filled a couple times a day? So what if I don't wind my own coils and stuff fancy wicks in them? And my ugly little Cloupor minis and iStick mods don't have flashing LEDs? I didn't get into vaping to look like a disco dancer... I got into it to eliminate 50 years of Camels and it works (insert lots of foul language here about the FDA). We're having fun now, right? :pervy: :thumbs:

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Really? The stm to me just isn't a good mtl tank. It's just got so much airflow coming below the coil and so spread out I don't get the density I want form it and I feel like it's very similar to every other sub tank just closed down. I did use one for a lo time and was just never very happy. Have you tried any of the tanks designed specifically for mtl?

@ChelsB you can turn off that signature too by the way. It's in Tapatalk preferences. So your posts won't be closed out with "sent for my phone with Tapatalk or you can make it say whatever you want.

I know some people hate the airy-ness of the STM, but I'm not bothered by it.
I had the signature on so people knew I was posting from a phone and therefore wouldn't be able to link multiple sites or upload videos. Also, all the typos, but I'll consider removing it[emoji4]

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I had the signature on so people knew I was posting from a phone and therefore wouldn't be able to link multiple sites or upload videos. Also, all the typos, but I'll consider removing it[emoji4]

I just wanted you to know about the signature. Doesn't bother me in any wha just wasn't sure if you were aware :)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I just wanted you to know about the signature. Doesn't bother me in any wha just wasn't sure if you were aware :)

You can take the signature thing off, but somehow it will reappear as if by magic. I think if you update the app on your phone it reverts back. Let's face it, it's free advertising for tapatalk.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
You can take the signature thing off, but somehow it will reappear as if by magic. I think if you update the app on your phone it reverts back. Let's face it, it's free advertising for tapatalk.

I'm testing your theory. I added a custom one let's see if it gets crushed.

---
I wear my typos like the badge of honor they are. Then I try to go back and fix them, so refresh. :)

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California

I once changed my signature to "sent from Tapatalk, please excuse any typos". I'm sure I was the laughing stock after that. In hindsight, I realized that was absurd of me! I'm still embarrassed by that.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I once changed my signature to "sent from Tapatalk, please excuse any typos". I'm sure I was the laughing stock after that. In hindsight, I realized that was absurd of me! I'm still embarrassed by that.

That's close to what mine says! I typo so much when using the iPad. I just go too fast. The phone keeps up Better.

---
I wear my typos like the badge of honor they are. Then I try to go back and fix them, so refresh. :)

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
Seems like a lot of folks want 2-3 batteries with flashing lights and fancy colors and gihugic tanks and... well, you've heard that stuff before. So what if my little 3 mL Protank-II has to be filled a couple times a day? So what if I don't wind my own coils and stuff fancy wicks in them? And my ugly little Cloupor minis and iStick mods don't have flashing LEDs? I didn't get into vaping to look like a disco dancer... I got into it to eliminate 50 years of Camels and it works (insert lots of foul language here about the FDA). We're having fun now, right? :pervy: :thumbs:

I still use the same tank that got me of the smokes. The mod has changed over time. From an Evod to VV3's then VV4's.

It must be dumb luck but I managed to get the subtanks to tootle for me.

brewbear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2017
My gut reaction to the vapefly Nicholas tank is that I'm blown away by the flavor. The nautilus 2 and new nautilus coils have a definite competitor and while it's very early to say I think it may have been dethroned ! First vape is absolutely amazing for a tank that takes premade coils. The airflow is exactly the same as the nautilus mini in design and very close if not exactly the same for throughput.

I think most people in this thread are going to love this tank.

With the .6 coil which seems like it should be too low for mtl but really isn't the drip tip does heat up relatively fast but for we the tootle puffers running lower than max wattage it's not an issue. Based on the coil design I expect the coils to last a lot longer and retain flavor a lot better than the nautilus coils.

Anyone with a nautilus or kabuki definitely need to try this tank for $11 on 2f (price listed as more but at checkout mine was under $11 and five packs of coils were $3.85 ish. Super inexpensive and so far phenomenal vape quality.

Very few things make me instantly glad I bought them. I usually have to grow into a tank but so long as I don't grow out of this one I'm thrilled.

Also the knurling is great and the top fill is super easy unlike the n2. You cans also change coils without draining the tank.

This seems to be everything the n2 should have been and wasn't. With even more flavor.

I'm really enthusiastic about this tank and my first vape is blowing me away. Flavor is off the hook.
This just isn't my day! 2fdeal doesn't have the Nicolas tank....or they don't show on my search!

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
This just isn't my day! 2fdeal doesn't have the Nicolas tank....or they don't show on my search!

Sorry my mistake it was from 3a vape

Here is the tank
Vapefly Nicolas MTL Sub Ohm Tank

Here are the coils
5Pcs/Pack Vapefly Nicolas Replacement Coil

Like I said the prices when I added to cart were much lower than the list price. I got 4 x 5 packs of coils and the tank and DHL shipping for $42 DHL shipping was $15 of that

So add to cart and see what the real prices are. They may be doing this due to some agreement they have not to sell below rrp

I haven't tried the 1.8 oh, coil yet but the .6 works amazingly for mtl. I'm shocked given it's so low.

---

Last edited:

brewbear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2017
Sorry my mistake it was from 3a vape

Here is the tank
Vapefly Nicolas MTL Sub Ohm Tank

Here are the coils
5Pcs/Pack Vapefly Nicolas Replacement Coil

Like I said the prices when I added to cart were much lower than the list price. I got 4 x 5 packs of coils and the tank and DHL shipping for $42 DHL shipping was $15 of that

So add to cart and see what the real prices are. They may be doing this due to some agreement they have not to sell below rrp

I haven't tried the 1.8 oh, coil yet but the .6 works amazingly for mtl. I'm shocked given it's so low.

---
Thank you for that. I got the tank and 3 packs of coils. on top of that, I bought a Megavolt from ecig city for $19 plus shipping! Now the waiting begins. I'm not sure why I bought these things since I squonk most of the time....

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Thank you for that. I got the tank and 3 packs of coils. on top of that, I bought a Megavolt from ecig city for $19 plus shipping! Now the waiting begins. I'm not sure why I bought these things since I squonk most of the time....

Well I think you'll find the vapefly very handy. Did you get the .6 coils or the 1.8 coils ? Is their checkout price still far lower than the listed? I'm trying the 1.8 coil now (not as flavorful I don't think as the .6.

Wow a megavolt for $19 is insane. It's such a well made mod. No visible screws. Good sturdy build. Seems very durable after I dropped one of mine twice with very limited damage in the form of scuff marks.

As a small combo this duo seems really great. I'm very impressed with the tank so far but I realized you can't let it get too low. It needs pressure for wicking properly. So when it's down to 10-15% it's a good time to fill it. Or you risk dry hits and coil ruining.

I hope you like the combo ! So far I really enjoy it. It's early days for the tank but he mega volt I love.

By the way I squonk a lot too but I don't like taking it with me. Even the small istick squeeze I find I prefer a tank out and about.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Oh and be advised for flavor there's a short break in period for the vapefly Nicholas coils. It takes maybe ten pulls for the flavor to start kicking in. Very similar to the nautilus coils.. at least for the .6. I'm
Finding the 1.8 to be a little perfumey strangely but it's possibly the juice I'm vaping hasn't steeped evenly yet as it's fresh. They even use the same kind of small padding inside as the triton and nautilus coils. I dissected one.

The coil goes in the bottom of the tank like how the mark bugs gem deck works.

3afd373a78d110e6816bf6e2eb4d792b.jpg

Here is the coil head for anyone curious

f981e9e8a87d4eff7df85e8021861568.jpg

All my coils and he tank arrived with scratch n sniff stickers. I verified the tank was authentic on vapefly.net (where you can get get more info on the Nicholas tank too)

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Well to be fair I'm over 6'5" so my hands may make things look smaller than they would otherwise (queue comments...)

Do you not have the automated do not disturb mode on your phone set to sleep hours? If you're unfamiliar it's usually very simple to setup. If you have iPhone I can help you if you have android I can google it for you ;)

That is very nice of you to offer. I have android.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread