Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
easiest rta to build for older people with arthritis and bad eyesight?

grandparent-in-laws are getting tired of buying coils.
The STM/TTM is VERY easy to build, especially when using FT premade coils.

I've made MANY hundreds of PT coils with ease (not at first of course) but for some reason always got frustrated when trying to install a coil in a KF (have 2 clones) or the Wine (have 2 originals). With the STM I simply loosen the set screws, put the coil on a small screwdriver, set it in place and tighten the screws. No muss, no fuss, and no 4 letter words. ;)

I've found that a small block of wood, with a hole drill in it, works perfect for holding the base and RBA. Makes it so much easier to install the coil. :thumb:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I've found that a small block of wood, with a hole drill in it, works perfect for holding the base and RBA. Makes it so much easier to install the coil.

Drill the hole 1/4", tap in one of the eGo adapters that come with a lot of mods :thumb:

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
You could probably buy them a lifetime supply of pt coils on ft for a couple hundred I bet.

Or just buy a whole bunches when they go on clearance for 72 cents per pack.

OMG! USPS said my vapemail that I ordered on May 5 has arrived in my city.

Never give up!

You guys have such fast mail service.

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
I was secretly hoping Jac would be waiting in the mailbox when I got home. Sadly, was not yet to be. U.S. people, about how long was your shipping time from the email notification to delivery? I hate not having tracking on this thing! I know someone said I could call/email and get one but I'm lazy.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I was secretly hoping Jac would be waiting in the mailbox when I got home. Sadly, was not yet to be. U.S. people, about how long was your shipping time from the email notification to delivery? I hate not having tracking on this thing! I know someone said I could call/email and get one but I'm lazy.
Mine was 7 days exactly, Rain. I've seen as few.as 5, as many as 10.

Soon...[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
OMG you guys. I just read the Jackie O thread and was complelled to open and account and put one in the cart. In the cold light of the day I ask myself do I really need another mod. Lucky I have 4 days to decide before the discounts appear. :p

Subalima Nalli message to Krisma...........

You need another mod, you need another mod, you NEED another mod.

(Sub enuf?) ;)

I have one in a cart - 'bout ready to pull the trigger :)

:rolleyes: :facepalm: :rolleyes:

I got Vape Mail today, too! Got the 2 EHPro KFL+ V2 in Blue...that @englishmick posted about at Sublime Vapor. They're absolutely gorgeous! Already have 1 apart, and have the base, the drip tip, and a transparent flat-top bell cap, dry fit together to check it out as a KFL "shorty". I'm gonna like it on a Dragon 2.5 Provari!
:banana:

NOICE, JC. On a Dragon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love my DragonS. Yes, plural. I was fortunate just recently to be the lucky (OH SO LUCKY) recipient and new mamma to a gorgeous nearly one of a kind Gold Dragon.

Pics upon request. :blush:

easiest RTA to build for older people with arthritis and bad eyesight?

grandparent-in-laws are getting tired of buying coils.

I'm going to weigh in and say the Egg Rollio, definitely. SO easily rewicked. SO easily rebuilt. SO tasty and SO luscious.

Egg Rollios ROCK!

The Sirens are easy IF you use a 3mm ID coil with lots of cotton in the juice channels!

My Siren is SUPER easy. It rests comfy in the drawer, and it's clean and DRY.

Hmmm, you're definition of "easy to build" and mine are a bit different. I struggled with clipping the legs. My experience was a bit like the following:
1-install coil and clip legs
2-attempt to put chimney on, discover a microscopic bit of the leg is sticking out too far blocking chimney
3-try clipping leg again
4-repeat step 2
5-grab a file and file the almost non-existent portion of the leg that is sticking out too far
6-repeat step 2
7-grab an adult beverage, curss, toss serpent mini in a box
8-build an atty with a velocity style deck instead where having the leg .000000005mm past the 'post' doesn't matter
:lol:

I'm-a with Kadley on this one. I found them neither easy or fun at all. Thankfully it went to a good home.

mmmmmm...eggrolls could work. could get a bunch of CLRs and just build for them.

never built a CLR...looks easy enough.

Eazy squeezy, petro. Phenoms, even.

OMG! USPS said my vapemail that I ordered on May 5 has arrived in my city.

Never give up!

YAAY! Love hearing this!

This is the video that I watched to learn Scottish Roll wicking. It works great in a Griffin 25.

I've seen the Scottish roll. (they do it well)

(How bout with the rayone?)

Weeeeeeeeeelp, bad or good news to some, but I ordered a few last Monday, June the 19. They are here with me now. :blush:

Yep Yep, 5 days, Scottlandia to Shakey Town. :thumb:

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
For the Nebula Wine, but they leak like heck and I don't think are available any longer. The Doggy is very close though - pretty easy....

i have a wine with a bunch of spare glass I might give them...forgot about that.

I was thinking about an RDTA or "genesis" type. those have a bigger deck and seem easier to build (to me at least).

I'll probably end up getting them a coil master and one of those magnifying glass/third hand combo thingies.

ETA: they're using protanks and the vape shop they go to informed them that they won't have coils for them any longer. they won't buy anything online or go to a different vape shop, so they tried out the gs airs they have and liked them, but the cotton didn't last as long as the protank coils.

The siren 25 is like an easier version of the doggy. The 22 I'm not sure but the 25 is one of the is,poets I've ever built, with the kanger rba

Hmmm, you're definition of "easy to build" and mine are a bit different. I struggled with clipping the legs. My experience was a bit like the following:
1-install coil and clip legs
2-attempt to put chimney on, discover a microscopic bit of the leg is sticking out too far blocking chimney
3-try clipping leg again
4-repeat step 2
5-grab a file and file the almost non-existent portion of the leg that is sticking out too far
6-repeat step 2
7-grab an adult beverage, curss, toss serpent mini in a box
8-build an atty with a velocity style deck instead where having the leg .000000005mm past the 'post' doesn't matter
:lol:
This tank is prime for twist and tug method, the way the legs are captured it doesn't take much to break them off at exactly the right place.
If it has anything to do with what's under their kilts, I don't want to know.:eek:
You know what real Scot wears under their kilt?

Lipstick.

Sorry old and inappropriate joke.

This is the video that I watched to learn Scottish Roll wicking. It works great in a Griffin 25.

Boy talk about fiddle. I really have to question if that does any more than cutting a strip and peeling off the top layer. Fluffing and then passing through.

Renwick is ridiculous (easy) and mine have been running 9 months so far. I hear the re-coil is very easy too, and am looking forward to killing my first coil. A relatively small stockpile could last a very long time.

What's a renwick?

Happy Saturday all.

---
I wear my typos like the badge of honor they are. Then I try to go back and fix them, so refresh. :)

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Subalima Nalli message to Krisma...........

You need another mod, you need another mod, you NEED another mod.

(Sub enuf?) ;)

:rolleyes: :facepalm: :rolleyes:

NOICE, JC. On a Dragon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love my DragonS. Yes, plural. I was fortunate just recently to be the lucky (OH SO LUCKY) recipient and new mamma to a gorgeous nearly one of a kind Gold Dragon.

Pics upon request. :blush:

I'm going to weigh in and say the Egg Rollio, definitely. SO easily rewicked. SO easily rebuilt. SO tasty and SO luscious.

Egg Rollios ROCK!

My Siren is SUPER easy. It rests comfy in the drawer, and it's clean and DRY.

I'm-a with Kadley on this one. I found them neither easy or fun at all. Thankfully it went to a good home.

Eazy squeezy, petro. Phenoms, even.

YAAY! Love hearing this!

I've seen the Scottish roll. (they do it well)

(How bout with the rayone?)

Weeeeeeeeeelp, bad or good news to some, but I ordered a few last Monday, June the 19. They are here with me now. :blush:

Yep Yep, 5 days, Scottlandia to Shakey Town. :thumb:
I imagine he'll be here in a few days. Which will work out great as I have new batteries on the way too.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
It's a very tired man's way of attempting to type re-wick.

Or, KatSpeak. Dunno. [emoji23]
I thought it was what Stimpy used in his atties... hmmmm...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
The siren 25 is like an easier version of the doggy. The 22 I'm not sure but the 25 is one of the is,poets I've ever built, with the kanger rba

This tank is prime for twist and tug method, the way the legs are captured it doesn't take much to break them off at exactly the right place.

You know what real Scot wears under their kilt?

Lipstick.

Sorry old and inappropriate joke.

Boy talk about fiddle. I really have to question if that does any more than cutting a strip and peeling off the top layer. Fluffing and then passing through.

What's a renwick?

Happy Saturday all.

---
I wear my typos like the badge of honor they are. Then I try to go back and fix them, so refresh. :)

It's a very tired man's way of attempting to type re-wick.

Or, KatSpeak. Dunno. :laugh:

I thought it was what Stimpy used in his atties... hmmmm...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Noooooooooooooo, silly people. Don't y'all know ANYTHING about vaping?..

It's.the whatchamahoozit that you need to hoozimacallit if you want to properly fiddadle whenever using one of yoir is,poets.

Jeez - do.even VAPE, brosisses?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
@DPLongo22 - it's brosephine :)

---
That's true, H, but only if one is speaking Gender Neutral. "Brosisses" is the proper term if used in any of the following resentations :

- Sisgender
- Multi Gender
- Gender Enriched
- Epigender
- Pizza

Except, of course, in any of the five burroughs within the boundaries of New York City, where it is strongly recommended that one seeks the counsel of a licensed professional PRIOR to addressing any groups (both for personal and/or business applications).

[emoji41]

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
since we are tootle puffing in this topic, I wanted to take another moment to recommend the joyetech pro CL coil. I am really shocked. before in the JT CLR topic, i just mentioned they were coming out. Now I actually have a pack.

let me just say, in one fell swoop, joyetech have solved ALL the CL coil issues. I drenched it with juice to prime it before using, to also test for gurgling and flooding, and there hasn't been ONE gurgle. not ONE! These are (much) better than the BF coils on their newer tanks. it has perfect MTL airflow and definitely a very comfy restricted lung hitting with AF ring open. It is SS316L, so can be used in watts OR TC mode.. TC mode is where this coil shines.. and by the way, all the dry hits and gurgles have been completely solved.. It's like they literally made ego one's, trons, egrip 30w's, ego one V2's etc an 100% improved thing overnight with the release of one coil.

The proCL 0.6 ohm coil. get one. There really is only one caveat.. Joyetech claim 15-30 watts, and as usual are delirious. These can take 20 watts max before burnt hits in wattage mode. *However*, in SS316 TC mode, they can take 25 - 28 watts, with lower temps surely they could take the 30, and well into the 400's for temperature when at 25 watts (i'm on 25 watts, 470F) ,therefore it is the WAY better mode to use. Way.

Really good flavour too. I am using halo blueberry PG edition in mine, and it's so tasty. Throat hit good, really i can not fault this coil other than joyetech's absurd 30 watt claim.

Dust off your old ego one's and enjoy. Or get your old ego one mega tanks and use them on a DNA and have a nice blissful MTL. :) PS juice i am using is 24mg.

Cheers!

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
since we are tootle puffing in this topic, I wanted to take another moment to recommend the joyetech pro CL coil. I am really shocked. before in the JT CLR topic, i just mentioned they were coming out. Now I actually have a pack.

let me just say, in one fell swoop, joyetech have solved ALL the CL coil issues. I drenched it with juice to prime it before using, to also test for gurgling and flooding, and there hasn't been ONE gurgle. not ONE! These are (much) better than the BF coils on their newer tanks. it has perfect MTL airflow and definitely a very comfy restricted lung hitting with AF ring open. It is SS316L, so can be used in watts OR TC mode.. TC mode is where this coil shines.. and by the way, all the dry hits and gurgles have been completely solved.. It's like they literally made ego one's, trons, egrip 30w's, ego one V2's etc an 100% improved thing overnight with the release of one coil.

The proCL 0.6 ohm coil. get one. There really is only one caveat.. Joyetech claim 15-30 watts, and as usual are delirious. These can take 20 watts max before burnt hits in wattage mode. *However*, in SS316 TC mode, they can take 25 - 28 watts, with lower temps surely they could take the 30, and well into the 400's for temperature when at 25 watts (i'm on 25 watts, 470F) ,therefore it is the WAY better mode to use. Way.

Really good flavour too. I am using halo blueberry PG edition in mine, and it's so tasty. Throat hit good, really i can not fault this coil other than joyetech's absurd 30 watt claim.

Dust off your old ego one's and enjoy. Or get your old ego one mega tanks and use them on a DNA and have a nice blissful MTL. :) PS juice i am using is 24mg.

Cheers!

Oooooh new cl coils. Who is stocking them

Its ok I found them

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread